Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Fan/Original Fiction

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Harrier45
Apprentice
2 flights since Mar 2010
Firefly fans need a voice

18 November 2010

I have been seeing a good number of your SciFlicks visitors taking a side course to my own website, http://www.harriersandheroes.ca. No doubt most of you were drawn there because of the work I have been doing with regards to writing and publishing a series of original novels based on Joss Whedon's Firefly television series and the motion picture Serenity that followed it. Well, now I need some of your help.

I've been trying to contact Universal Studios to secure the rights to the Serenity title so that I can proceed with publishing my existing Firefly novels. So far I have not heard back from Universal with regard to this request. Now, I know that my books are currently written under the Firefly banner rather than the Serenity title, but since FOX appears less inclined to release the rights to that series, I figure there is a better likelihood that Universal might be open to marketing this series as a continuation of Joss's work. Note the licensed products that have been released under the Serenity flag by companies such as Dark Horse Comics and Quantum Mechanix. It looks to me like Universal might be ready to open the vault just a little bit wider.

Now, here's where all of you come in:

I need you to write letters, send E-mails, send faxes, make telephone calls. . . . ANYTHING that will get the attention of the suits at Universal and let them know that you want more Serenity in your lives, that you need more Serenity in your lives! Call often! Send as many letters as you can sign your name to! Hit the SEND button on your E-mail service until your fingers turn blue!

The contact that I have been trying to reach is Ms Roni Lubliner at Universal Studios Film Clips. You can reach her at:

Address:
Universal Studios Media Licensing
100 Universal City Plaza, 1440/15
Universal City, CA 91608 USA

Email: roni.lubliner@nbcuni.com
Phone: (818) 777-1273
Fax: (818) 866-2399

If you want to know what you're calling about, and if you haven't already visited my site, take a look at the work I have already done. You can read the entire first Firefly novel, entitled Old Habits, at my personal website: http://www.harriersandheroes.ca. The second book, Before the Forge is nearing completion as well, and I have at least two more stories planned for the 'Verse!

But these tales will never come to print if I don't have the support of all of the loyal Browncoats and Serenity fans out there! So let your voices be heard! Let Universal know that you want more of that great thing that was let die far too early!

And if I see enough support, maybe we'll all get a chance to hear a few more stories from the 'Verse, and have a few more adventures with the crew that we all came to love, and lost far too soon.

Thanks for your support,

Kevin Bell
harrier45@harriersandheroes.ca
http://www.harriersandheroes.ca

Last edited by Harrier45 : Nov 18, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Harrier45 is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Fan/Original Fiction