Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Supernova (2000)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Supernova (2000)

It will amaze you. It will seduce you. It will blow you away. | guide

Old Jan 25, 2001, 10:35 PM   #1
Ninten12
Recruit Pilot
10 flights since Jan 2001
Smile Re: Super!

The truly dyed in the wool sci fi fans who are expecting to shoot aliens and fight in intergalactic wars should not bother to watch. Supernova is a dark, dramatic film with a sci fi "setting". MGM unfortunately cut out large chunks of the movie and tried to dilute the sexual relationship between the two main characters. The fireworks generated by Angela Bassett and James Spader are electrifying! The DVD (the R rated version)is cool, but I am looking forward to seeing the full version some day!
Ninten12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2001, 01:37 AM   #2
Ninten12
Recruit Pilot
10 flights since Jan 2001
Question and just where is the soundtrack?

Bad enough that MGM did a chop job on the film, but the soundtrack by David Williams is one of the better ones I've heard. Contrary to my constant harassment, the studio has yet to release the soundtrack... Or the full (Walter Hill) cut of the film!
Ninten12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2002, 09:41 AM   #3
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: Super!

who cares? Supernova was one of the worst films i've ever seen...it didn't make any sense.
Maybe if they hadn't edited it it MIGHT have been better but i doubt it..
bad movie...and the fans of the movie are *****s
Old Feb 14, 2003, 07:38 PM   #4
Captain Billybob Feloffaclif
n/a flights since
Lightbulb Re: Super!

I don't think it's right to have someone reply to it like SOMEBODY did *coughs as she looks at the disagreeing thread* I think the movie was good even with the pieces cut out plus, the evil dude was cute. *grins*
Old May 17, 2004, 12:45 PM   #5
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Super!

I think the first post in this thread expressed the film well. It was a dark, dramatic film--in a scifi setting. Notice there were very few actors in the film (kind of James Spader-ish), and the entire movie was very focused on their intimacies. Basset/Spader, Phillips/Girl, Ships Computer/Mechanics Guy. Then you have a hot interloper. In fact, I think this movie could have delved even farther into Bassetts previous relationship w/her ex, b/c obviously, the man was insane! This is one of the few films that I like Spader in.
mack is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Supernova (2000)