Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Wing Commander (1999)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Wing Commander (1999)

Gear up. Lock on. Strike back. | guide

Old Jun 2, 2004, 02:01 AM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Sequel?

Does anyone know if there will be a sequel to this movie? I thought for sure that they set the movie up for a sequel, and the books certainly had more going on . . . I do hope that they do another film, maybe minus a few of the actors in the first one.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2004, 02:02 PM   #2
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002
Re: Sequel?

Why a sequel? Wasn't the first one bad enough?
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2004, 03:55 PM   #3
Maddy X 2
Pilot
21 flights since Aug 2004

God, please NO!!!!!!!
Maddy X 2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2004, 05:43 PM   #4
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Hey, I enjoyed the concept that Wing Commander provided. Sure, they could have had better actors (die Freddy Prinze, Jr.!) but the entire story line was great. The idea of the Pilgrims and the space military unit = Good stuff. I want a sequel!

I can remember looking the author up after viewing the film, but I think that he was one of the authors I would rather watch adapted to film.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:35 AM   #5
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

Try playing the old PC games if you want more story.
They even had Mark Hammil as the lead guy in most of them.

The film was cheesy to say the least.
It was a good story but was given a DTV production value and acting budget.
Which was a shame.
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 04:08 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

This film had it's moments, but otherwise, it was just a big ball of cheese. No sequels, please.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Wing Commander (1999)