Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Contact (1997)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Contact (1997)

A journey to the heart of the universe. | guide

Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:10 PM   #1
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Question Was anyone else kinda disapointed by the ending?

After she returns is certain interesting (if a little sappy) but the part I'm talking about specifically is her journey in the machine - er actually that was sappy too.

I understand what they wanted to do with and it's certainly better than a big reveal (a la Signs), but it still left me cold. There's all these conundrums before hand building you up and it just feels like one great big anti-climax in colourfull cotton wool.

Shame really, otherwise it's an amazing film, but the ending drags it back down for me.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:10 PM   #2
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Was anyone else kinda disapointed by the ending?

I feel the same. Still I can't really see another kind of ending for this film (unless the first sabotage/terrorist attack wouldn't have happened). The ending is kind of bummer, but I think it ends the movie with the kind of eerm.. "realism" or "what-might-actually-happen-if-this-sort-of-thing-really-happened"-feel that the movie itself had on most parts.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Contact (1997)