Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Time Machine, The (1960, 1978, 2002) [original and re-adaptations]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Time Machine, The (1960, 1978, 2002) [original and re-adaptations]

You Will Orbit into the Fantastic Future! | original guide

Old Jan 2, 2002, 02:32 PM   #16
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: So bad I could cry!

I've read the book and seen both movies. (Does anyone still remember the TV movie?) In any case, I liked them both and didn't try to compare the two. I love scifi and especially the concept of time travel. For it's day, the film was ahead of its time (no pun intended) along with the likes of Forbidden Planet and War of the Worlds. Let's face it, Hollywood had to put its own twists to the plot to get something they thought would make a buck. Let's just hope the new version opening later this year capture the imagination as well. If you want to read what I consider the best book on time travel, read Asimov's "End of Eternity"
Old Jan 18, 2002, 05:20 PM   #17
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I've read the book and seen both movies. (Does anyone still remember the TV movie?) In any case, I liked them both and didn't try to compare the two. I love scifi and especially the concept of time travel. For it's day, the film was ahead of its time (no pun intended) along with the likes of Forbidden Planet and War of the Worlds. Let's face it, Hollywood had to put its own twists to the plot to get something they thought would make a buck. Let's just hope the new version opening later this year capture the imagination as well. If you want to read what I consider the best book on time travel, read Asimov's "End of Eternity"
Old Mar 4, 2002, 03:16 PM   #18
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Hannah, you are strange.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2002, 05:04 PM   #19
Jasoco
Pilot
24 flights since Aug 2001

I'm guessing this is about the old one?

Wasn't sure at first. There needs to be a Forum for the new Time Machine movie which I saw yesterday. I liked it. I only saw parts of the old one a while ago. Can't remember anything from it.
Jasoco is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 11:23 PM   #20
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Quote:
Hannah,

One last thing Hannah. You say that the movie is to slow in the beginning, right? Well, if you were to read the first third of the book, you would find that it is just as slow as the beginning half of the movie. I will admit that the novel is better, but that is no reason to discredit the movie! I am somewhat of a scientist myself, I major in quantum physics, and I should give you some some advice. Get your equations right and enjoy the movie.

Sincerely yours,
more knowledgeable
and more respectful
or our world,
past, present, and future

P.S. sorry about the word problems on the first reply, I was a bit "angry"

You sure are smart!
Old Aug 8, 2002, 06:04 PM   #21
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Quote:
Old Jul 16, 2003, 10:13 PM   #22
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003

Um... Are they talking about the original or the remake?
The original had alot happening once he gets the time machine activated... If you mean fichts and action then no... but its certainly not dull. The whole process of watching the world unfold around him was great and the progression of his friend, the sone and the final encounter before the dramatic leap forward...
Great stuff and great effects.

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:00 AM   #23
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Scifi movies are a product of the there times. I think your more inclinded to appreaciate them if you were there. There were scifi movies made in the 30's and 40's. I don't remember any. Having been born in the 50's, there were many ground breaking films. I thing George Pal's Time Machine was one of them.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 06:20 PM   #24
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

the original TM was a classic. Even as a kid I loved every moment. It had the correct formula of thrills, spils, amazement, vision, pace and excitement.

I stll have the same affection for it after all these years: yes there are certain parts that are slow, a bit wooden and perhaps even "cheesy". But hey we're talking about a 40 odd year old film and the sfx of its time. and the good thing is, unlike its 2002 remake, this film will stand the test of time in years to come because it doesn't necessarily pander to viewers with attention spans of goldfish
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Time Machine, The (1960, 1978, 2002) [original and re-adaptations]