Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > K-PAX (2001)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

K-PAX (2001)

Change the way you look at the world. | guide

Old Nov 1, 2001, 11:45 PM   #1
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: I'm confused about the dissappearing body of Bess if --

If prot made it to earth from k-pax without a body and then entered Roberts body how do you explain Bess's physical body dissappearing. The concept that I see is an entity as a form of energy traveling through space many times faster than light and entering a body upon reaching the destination. The choice of a body being one that is not functioning, as in Roberts.

Ok. Where did the body of Robert go when he Prot went north? It dissappeared, doesn't make sence.

Perhaps the writer doesn't know either. I liked the film but I want to be entertained not confused trying to figure out something you can't.
Old Nov 2, 2001, 08:24 PM   #2
Unregistered
n/a flights since

I believe prot origionaly came in the form of the blue bird which Robert found just as many of the patients in the institution did,and robert embrased it,it was the most logical form for mental patients because they embrase it much as the doctor accepted prot as the human before bess left remember she had drew a bird,I believe prot left robert,entered the bird then entered bess then left as her

- bcforn64@hotmail.com
Old Nov 4, 2001, 08:27 PM   #3
K-PAX
Apprentice
1 flights since Nov 2001
Thumbs up The dissapereing of Bess is easy!

I believe that Prot originally just spoke to Robert or something, and as he went into the river, prot went inside robert's body and went from there. becuase it was 5 years ago that he came to earth. The reason bess dissapeared was becuase when the time went to 5:51 PM, he left Robert's body and just released bess with him. Of course I don't think he actually went inside Bess becuase then how would she even be able to see and enjoy K-PAX? That is what I think.
K-PAX is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2002, 02:37 AM   #4
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Bess didn't disapear, she was in the toilet when they entered the room.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2003, 03:01 AM   #5
LadyXochi
Pilot
24 flights since Oct 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I believe prot origionaly came in the form of the blue bird which Robert found just as many of the patients in the institution did,and robert embrased it,it was the most logical form for mental patients because they embrase it much as the doctor accepted prot as the human before bess left remember she had drew a bird,I believe prot left robert,entered the bird then entered bess then left as her

- bcforn64@hotmail.com
I agree with this explanation.
LadyXochi is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 12:58 PM   #6
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivanhoe

How do you figure? The chick was goooone. . . Do I have to watch the film again . . .
Old May 17, 2004, 03:05 PM   #7
LadyXochi
n/a flights since

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivanhoe
No she wasn't....
Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:49 AM   #8
soviet-terran
Pilot
43 flights since Dec 2004
Talking Re: I'm confused about the dissappearing body of Bess if --

well, I think it was said that she needed to be there because she was truely alone in the world and was in need of his home. While his freind had all he needed here, to be cared for by doctors, and get the help needed. It also added mystery to the climax and end, to still lean twords the normal answers, and be also pulled tword the possible. To say think outside the box while exploring the thin line between the two.
soviet-terran is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > K-PAX (2001)