Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > WarGames (1983, 200?) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

WarGames (1983, 200?) [movie series]

Is it a game, or is it real? | guide

Old May 2, 2005, 03:04 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Wargames 2?

From www.moviehole.net

Quote:
MGM has announced a July start date for the sequel to 1983's "War Games".

Called "War Games II : The Deadly Key", the film is scheduled to shoot in Europe, and tipped for a direct-to-DVD release sometime next year.

In "War Games 2", teenage computer-whiz Cory Carpenter, is on a class trip in Europe when the authorities wrongly mistake him for a cyber criminal.

Now, Carpenter's on the run, but thanks to his beautiful classmate Anne and his nerdy best mate Dale Darrow, manages to stay one step ahead of the law.

Unfortunately, whilst all this is happening, Carpenter's long-time internet pal Jay Forell - whom Carpenter later discovers isn't so much a human as he is a government computer that's gone haywire - implents a plan for nuclear disaster by bringing down an unsuspecting planet.

Producer Mike Elliot ["American Pie : Band Camp"] recently chatted to Moviehole about the film, saying "The story is more international... it takes place in half in Philidelphia, half in Europe".

He adds, "It’s hard to believe it but the original “War Games,” which I consider a true classic, is twenty years old! The original was made in a time before everyone had their own computer… before we all had worldwide access to the internet. The world back then was so different from today’s, so much more innocent, that we have had to do a ton of updating. The result is a more techy and fast-paced than the original. It’s tricky, but we are hopeful we will simultaneously please fans of the original and draw in some new viewers."

None of the stars of the original film, notably Matthew Broderick, are expected to return for the sequel. Casting begins shortly.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 07:33 PM   #2
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: Wargames 2?

Oh please, Primus, NOOOOO!
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 08:45 PM   #3
xhable
Recruit Pilot
8 flights since May 2006

The origional article was posted "April 29, 2005". and contains a few inacuracies... the main one been the eta.

anyway,

WarGames 2: The Dead Key
producer: Walter Parkes [ The Legend of Zorro. War of the Worlds, The Island ]
release: late 2007

Last edited by xhable : May 24, 2006 at 08:54 PM.
xhable is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 09:59 AM   #4
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

Is it sitll direct to video? What exactly has changed?
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:32 PM   #5
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

i saw a similar article from April 05 on the Movieweb site, but that hasn't been updated since. And I can't find any other details from the usual movie web sites, so perhaps the project was canned before it got off the ground - which can only be a good thing
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 08:21 AM   #6
xhable
Recruit Pilot
8 flights since May 2006

spotted an update on this on imdb.com http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0865957/

the've retitled it "the dead code" among other details that have been added.
xhable is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > WarGames (1983, 200?) [movie series]