Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Soylent Green (1973)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Soylent Green (1973)

People will do anything to get what they need. And they need SOYLENT GREEN. | guide

Old Nov 11, 2004, 06:51 AM   #1
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Any Word On A REMAKE?

Don't you think Soylent Green would be the ultimate remake....

IF and only IF it were done PROPERLY?

This of course would mean - No Ben Affleck

Perhaps George Clooney could play Thorn.....

anyway... I hope they remake it... and do it justice.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 06:58 AM   #2
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: Any Word On A REMAKE?

NO!

Enough with the remakes, by the Nine Hells, hasn't there been enough already?!
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 07:56 AM   #3
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Don't you think Soylent Green would be the ultimate remake....

IF and only IF it were done PROPERLY?

This of course would mean - No Ben Affleck

Perhaps George Clooney could play Thorn.....

anyway... I hope they remake it... and do it justice.
Firstly...

NO!!!
As Iwata said - no more remakes. Let's all try and be relatively original in the films we make.

And secondly...
NO!!!
Clooney would NOT be good in the role.
It needs someone with gravitas.
Denzel Washington would be good.
With Benito Del Torro as Sol Roth.

Grief, I'm sounding like Demo18!
Not a good day.
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 11:42 PM   #4
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Thorn- John Malkovich or Colin Farrel
Shirl- Natasha Henstridge (she'd be PERFECT!)
Sol- Michael Gambon (the one who plays Dumbledore in Harry Potter 3)
Old Nov 30, 2004, 03:26 PM   #5
jimicorg
n/a flights since
Soylent Green is casting now...

http://imaginecasting.com/imagine/to...p?Movie_ID=304

cast your own actors for Soylent Green
Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:33 PM   #6
madmax1
Apprentice
1 flights since Jan 2007
Remake cast Soylent Green

I came to this site because I for the last several months have wondered to myself how great a remake soylent green would make. Then I decided to google up "soylent green remake" to see if indeed it was in the works. Sure enough, they "stole" my idea. So here's my idea for casting: For Thorn, I like someone else's mention of Colin Ferrell. Also I like De Niro for the part. He's not much older than Heston was in the same role at the time. Other possibilities for Thorn: Jack Nicholson, Russell Crowe, Harrison Ford, Liam Neeson, Gary Sinise, Ralph Fiennes. Do not let an underling such as Clooney play this role as it defeats the whole purpose of remaking this great classic. For Sol I think it would be interesting to keep with the idea of having a long time established legend for the part, as Edward G. Robinson was in the original. So my choices for Sol might be: Paul Newman, Woody Allen (good comic relief for such a heavy film), Martin Landau, Bill Murray, Richard Dreyfuss. I liked someone's suggestion of Malkovich, but not for Thorn so much as Sol.
madmax1 is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Soylent Green (1973)