Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > WarGames (1983, 200?) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

WarGames (1983, 200?) [movie series]

Is it a game, or is it real? | guide

Old Feb 4, 2002, 07:50 AM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: WarGames...Science Fiction?

What qualifies this film as science fiction? This was a great film and still enjoyable to watch today, a reminder of what life was like during the cold war when most of us walked around with the distant thought rumbling around in the back of our head that at any minute we would hear the dreaded civil defense sirens go off. But nothing in this movie, even Joshua, is what I would classify as science fiction.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2002, 08:54 AM   #2
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

I liked this movie. I wouldn't exatly classify this movie as science fiction...but aaa...erm....
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2002, 10:40 AM   #3
darkjedi
Sector Marshall
609 flights since Mar 2002

I agree, very good movie, just not truly science fiction. Maybe hacker-fiction.
darkjedi is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 06:29 PM   #4
Ender
Wing Commander
305 flights since Apr 2002

imho, it just makes it. remmeber when it came out. i think the argument might be turned into: what happens when the reality catches up with fiction? can we still call it s.f? the talking computer, (joshua? i forget in my old age) was, for its time s.f.
the same question might be asked of rockets red glare btw.
Ender is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 04:38 PM   #5
xhable
Recruit Pilot
8 flights since May 2006
sci-fi

it's sci-fi because there was not AI as intellegent as josua at the time...
xhable is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > WarGames (1983, 200?) [movie series]