Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Starship Troopers (1997, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Starship Troopers (1997, 2004) [movie series]

When you battle 6 trillion enemies that will eat you alive, there are only two rules... EVERYONE FIGHTS. NO ONE QUITS. | I guide

Old May 31, 2006, 12:11 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Starship Troopers 3 News

Sony debugs Starship Troopers 3
Posted by Clint Morris on May 31, 2006

A second sequel to Paul Verhoeven’s “Starship Troopers” (1997) is in the works over at Sony, says Cincity2000, via Dark Horizons.

Ed Neumeier will return to the typewriter to punch out the script, which, I’m guessing, will head straight to DVD – just as the first sequel, “Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation” did. According to the site, the film will have even more of a connection to the first film though, with some cast members from the original film returning to the fold for “Troopers 3”.

Casper Van Dien mentioned via his official site that he is involved, reprising his role as Johnny Rico.

Says the actor, “The script is along the same line as the first. It is Awesome”. He adds that Rico would now be a General in the film.

Good stuff.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: Starship Troopers 3 News

I won't hold my breath, I enjoyed the first film, never wasted my time on the second and even if they brought some of the original characters back it wouldn't make me run out and buy it.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 05:05 PM   #3
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

why? Why? WHY?!

The second one was a dibacle. What makes them think the third will be any better?
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:48 AM   #4
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

God I enjoyed Starship Troopers 2.

I hope it will be somewhat similar, the kind you can really enjoy with friends, beer and booze before going to town.

Even if it would be different I am waiting for although I wouldn't pay to see it.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:29 AM   #5
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

ST1 was a blast.

ST2, well I don't think it ever got a big cinema release here in Birmingham, or if it did I must have been out at the time. so its STD and judging from what other people have said of the sequel its total pants

ST3, well IMDB doesn't know anything about it, which doesn't mean to say its not happening, but I hope its a considerable improvement over "2". I guess having some of the original characters back could help it along, but it depends on who fiddles about with the script

Either way, I won't be holding my breath
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 07:08 PM   #6
Revan
Starfighter
51 flights since Sep 2004

LOL that is so cool! I hope it is good as the first one !
Revan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:51 AM   #7
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

We're all doomed!!!
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:59 AM   #8
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002

Please don't... Just don't... I'm sorry, I enjoyed the first one, but the second one was... meh... The idea of General Rico actually does sound kind of interesting, but still, after the mess that was the second movie, I really don't know if I want a third one.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 05:48 PM   #9
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Mo news, minlessly adding text to reach the posting text minimum:
Quote:
Savante talks Starship Troopers 3
Date : August 27, 2007</B> Posted By : Clint Morris

From what I hear, the new “Starship Troopers” movie turned out pretty damn good. My producing partner just worked with Casper Van Dien on something, who told him for the money – I believe it cost about $20 million?; which in Africa, where it was shot, is probably the equivalent of $100 million US – that it looks magnificent. Everything about it, from who’s involved to the storyline, bodes well for it.
StarshipTroopers3.net had a chat to one of the stars of “Starship Troopers : Marauder”, Stelio Savante ("Ugly Betty"), who says this one is very much of the same breed that the first one was – being a social commentary and all that jazz.
“Yes it's a very well written satirical commentary in the form of a sci-fi action movie that captivates you and that's not easy to pull off but Ed did it brilliantly. I personally love the faith aspect of it. I feel it makes the film very rich because you could easily come out if it feeling one way or another about your own faith and I do have a strong faith in God so the progression of my character's faith was natural. Each character symbolizes someone or something and the way they endure and overcome tumultuous circumstances in the face of adversity is determined by their faith or lack thereof.”
The full interview is here.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 06:46 PM   #10
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

I'm not going to bother seeing it, just like I didn't bother seeing the last one.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Starship Troopers (1997, 2004) [movie series]