Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies > Scanner Darkly, A (2006)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Scanner Darkly, A (2006)

In a drug-infested world where 20% of the population are government spies, a reluctant recruit is ordered to snoop on his friends. | guide

Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:38 PM   #1
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
A fine adaptation!

I don't think that I've posted my opinion about this one yet. And I saw it when it was in the theaters too. Nothing to be said but this: as near to a perfect adaptation as you could get. The casting, performances and choice of medium are all unassailable. It managed to convey the book to the screen and to be a very good film in its own right.

In many ways it was better then the book. For one thing, Philip K. ****'s distracting misogyny seems to have been largely removed.

Last edited by SF_not_Sci-Fi : Aug 31, 2008 at 06:50 PM.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: A fine adaptation!

And all that with Keanu Reeves in the lead role!
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:35 PM   #3
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Like I've said before- he is perfect for roles where his character has no idea what is going on and/or is zonked out on heavy psychedelics throughout the film.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:37 PM   #4
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 03:00 PM   #5
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_not_Sci-Fi
Like I've said before- he is perfect for roles where his character has no idea what is going on and/or is zonked out on heavy psychedelics throughout the film.

Either his life moto, or you are his agent in disguise.

Funny but, Scanner Darkley reminds me of Baz Lurhmanns Romeo & Juilet, couldn't give a crap about Danes or Dicaprio, but all the support characters rock and the visuals are the 3rd lead. Both beautifully executed.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies > Scanner Darkly, A (2006)