Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Thing (from Another World), The (1951, 1982) [original and remake]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Thing (from Another World), The (1951, 1982) [original and remake]

Man is the warmest place to hide. | original guideremake guide

Old May 27, 2004, 04:56 AM   #16
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002
Re: The Thing on PS2.

Buy "The Thing"
Watch "The Thing" (so much better than the original!)
Play "The Thing"

Anyhoo - on the subject of walk-throughs - what's the point of playing a game and giving up when you get stuck? You may miss out on the rest of the game!
I see nothing wrong with them as long as they are used:
(a) as a last resort and only for the parts you're very stuck on;
(b) once you've completed the game once and are looking to find all the hidden extras before the game starts to get boring and you never play it again.
If you use them from the outset then you're no higher up the gaming chain than a spawn camper.
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 05:47 AM   #17
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

I only turn to walkthroughs, when i'm I am really unsure what to do (and when the game itself gives no hints),

or when im doing subquests, like in legend of zelda : ocarina of time, I don't want to be walking around for hours at a time trying to find the next gold skulka. (you try finding 50 gold skulkas when each one will only appear at a set time of day and a set age )

on the Thing for ps2, it's more action than horror, as a survival horror veteran I found it's horror to be under-par, but it's action made up for it,

Sci-fi gaming wise, it's pretty good, and should have done better sales wise than it did
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 07:06 AM   #18
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Jove

Anyhoo - on the subject of walk-throughs - what's the point of playing a game and giving up when you get stuck? You may miss out on the rest of the game!

You don't. You persist. There's no such thing as "impossible to win" on a video game. And therein lies much of the fun.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 07:12 AM   #19
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Well, after being incredibly frustrated with a bit from Splinter Cell, I haven't picked it up in about 2 months now. And the damn Subway nearly drove me crazy in SH3, I never would have thought of the solution by myself because I had checked and rechecked the area the key (Or rather, nutcracker) was in repeatedly. All I needed was to realise that I was actually looking for such an item in the first place. I was convinced I was supposed to keep flinging myself on the train track and jumping up in time, but I didn't realise I was nowhere near the right train track, so I kept getting run over, complete with gross squelchy sound effect.

Damn games....
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 08:20 AM   #20
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

It took me about 5 hours yesterday but i finally got passed the fvcker hanging from the ceiling. only to be blown up when the complex goes up. talk about bloody frustrating.
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 12:48 AM   #21
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

...Ive never even heard of The Thing...
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 07:54 AM   #22
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Then your name misfits you.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 10:02 AM   #23
merlin
n/a flights since

Sci fi lover it one of "THE" horror science fiction movies of all time and one of the most gruesome.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 12:46 PM   #24
narobi foss
n/a flights since

That alien verus Predator 1st person game is decent....i been playing the demo of the 1st levels. Samples all the sounds from the movies and is rare in a game in that it actually can be quite tense playing it...especially as the marine. recomended=]
Old Jul 29, 2004, 02:36 PM   #25
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Yea, it's okay as a marine, but there's something about the sound of that plasma caster that makes me...well...hot.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 02:48 PM   #26
Cricket
n/a flights since
I do not...

I do not have a playstation 2, let alone the Thing. We are still playing Final Fantasy VII on playstation 1.

We have also being playing Ultima Online for the last year when we have time on the weekend, but no longer.

I am not sure I want to play anything now that I discovered Forums-Forums everywhere. Hehe.

They even have Forums on how to grow spinach. Did you know this? Sounds boring, but it was in fact amazing the things I learned. There are also forums for people who love cockroaches. That one I did not join.

So much for games. I used to love play Tomb Raider and Resident Evil That was so scary. I only wish along with the weapon you can also change the nice clothes and shoes after every major fight or scene. Then it would be perfect.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 04:22 PM   #27
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by merlin
Sci fi lover it one of "THE" horror science fiction movies of all time and one of the most gruesome.
Thats probably why I havent heard of it...I dont really know too many of the really horrific movies, Ive only just recently started watching them
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 10:34 AM   #28
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005

One of my favorite PS2 games.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Thing (from Another World), The (1951, 1982) [original and remake]