Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > X-Men (2000, 2003, 2006) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

X-Men (2000, 2003, 2006) [movie series]

Join the Evolution. | I guide

Old Dec 27, 2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
X-men First Class: Singers Back on Prequel

Magneto is shelved, Singers back and probably getting a whole new cast to play the younger guys (which also means no Woverine) i.e. Cyclos, Storm & Jean - maybe Beast. However there is Xavier/Magneto buddy/nemsis/buddy stuff.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2009/1...r-q-and-a.html

Side note: Original X-men (aka the comic's first class) = Cyclops, Jean, Ice-man, Beast & Angel. Soooo do not care, what on earth they're going to do with C, J & Storm god knows, but Singers back so woooo.

P.S. On an altogether different note, him working on Big Screen Battlestar Galactica, actually has me scared. If anyone had to: Abrams should do it.

edit: Cos I'm so not good with English, younger guys, as in younger verisons of the original guys.

Last edited by Seraph : Dec 27, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2009, 08:12 PM   #2
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: X-men First Class: Singers Back on Prequel

I always liked Generation X. Marvel Runaway's is better, but a lot of it's good ideas were there.

So yeah, we'll see how we go.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Seraph

cough:Prequel:coughOriginal X-mencough

Jono, Skin and Jubes would rock (er provided it's nothing like the straight to tv) original goody-two shoes X-men as teenagers? Brady bunch gone wrong.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,025 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Am not interested in seeing anymore about Xavier's first class. I was far more interested in seeing the Origins movie for Magneto. I enjoyed the Wolverine movie, but a Cyclops, Jean and Storm movie does not interest me.

And we do not need anymore Battlestar continuities to deal with. Classic and reimagined were both good. Bad enough Abrams botched Star Trek.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:35 AM   #5
Seraph

I loooooooooved Star Trek, bout time someone gave it a boot up the arse. Far too many years of happy-happy, goody two shoes stuff. A good entertaining popcorn flick, just like the originals.

Reckon Singer would make BG a lil too "clean" after the tv series. That's the one thing he never pushed far enough with X-men, the 'epic' sense. Ratner managed to hit it with "Phoenix & Xavier-in-the-House"; shame the rest of the movie wasn't up to scratch. If BG is going to get the big screen treatment, they only way left to go with it is epic.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:54 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

here's the latest news on X-Men: First Class

Quote:
James McAvoy Cast as Young Professor X in 'X-Men: First Class'

The star of "Wanted" to play Marvel's mutant headmaster in "X-Men" reboot

By Jeff Sneider
TheWrap.com

"Atonement" star James McAvoy will play a young Charles Xavier, better known as Professor X, in Matthew Vaughn's "X-Men: First Class," 20th Century Fox confirmed to TheWrap.

The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision blog broke the cool news first.

"First Class" will chart the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Xavier and Erik Lensherr (aka Magneto) became archenemies, they were two young men who developed a friendship while discovering their powers for the first time.

With the help of some other Mutants (including old and new faces), they worked together to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known, and in the process, a rift opened between them that started an eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-Men.

McAvoy ("The Last King of Scotland") is a consistently reliable actor who has the necessary gravitas required to inherit the charismatic role of Professor X, played by Patrick Stewart in the original trilogy. It's unclear whether McAvoy will shave his head for the role, but I'm sure he would if Vaughn asked him to (unlike "Hitman" star Timothy Olyphant, who has expressed concern about shaving his locks if 20th Century Fox asks him to return for a planned sequel).

"X-Men" director Bryan Singer is producing with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg. Singer also conceived the story for the highly-anticipated superhero prequel.

Fox is moving quickly on the project in order to begin production this summer in London. "First Class" is currently scheduled for release on June 3, 2011.

McAvoy last appeared onscreen in "The Last Station." He next stars in Robert Redford's "The Conspirator" and provides the lead male voice in the animated film "Gnomeo and Juliet."

Vaughn is coming off Lionsgate's awesome big-screen adaptation of Mark Millar's comic book "Kick-Ass." Coincidentally, McAvoy starred in Universal's entertaining adaptation of Millar's "Wanted."

Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:14 PM   #7
Seraph

What the hell?

McAvoy? Who I love, but really? And young Xavier, riveting. And Vaughan's back?

I'm sooooo befuddled right now.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:33 AM   #8
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,491 flights since Dec 2001

nothing like killin' Nazi's to make your heroes lovable. I mean ****, Inglorious Basterds was pretty brutal and we ate it up with a spoon.

As one who never read any of the comics ever, it would be cool to see them as kids learning to use their powers. Were they the first? it seems to me like the first movie made it look like they were the first.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:39 AM   #9
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

There's really no bottom to this well, is there? The X-Men franchise in general has so many facets and outlets, from the focus on individual characters to comics series. This concerns me, especially when one considers the sub-part quality of last year's Wolverine or the third X-Men outing. Hell, in four movies you've already got continuity issues, what kind of Crisis on Infinite Earths nightmare can a good Hollywood production team create from this source material???

I say end all comic films NOW. The occasional Dark Knight or Iron Man is not worth the damage.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:37 PM   #10
Seraph

This gets odder and odder....meet the rest of the cast according to marvel.com:

Kevin Bacon - unknown vilan

Michael Fassbender (was Azael in "Hex", lately of 300 & Inglorious Bastards) - Magneto

Jennifer Lawrence - Mystique

Nicholas Hoult (the boy from "About a Boy" and lately Clash of the Titans) - Beast

Caleb Landry Jones (unknown) - Banshee

Alice Eve - The White Queen

Last edited by Seraph : Jul 20, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:36 PM   #11
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Danger! DANGER!

Yeah, I'm bailing on this one now, I don't like one word I've heard about it.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:33 PM   #12
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Two words: EPIC FAIL!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:29 PM   #13
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Sounds boring, very very boring, but then I've never exactly been the biggest X-Men fan anyway.
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > X-Men (2000, 2003, 2006) [movie series]