Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: Will they? Wont they?
Yes! It'll work! 4 66.67%
No! they're doooooooomed! 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:48 AM   #1
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
JD and Elliot?

Yes I know, Im on a big Scrubs riff, but the question remains....

They've got this whole Ross/Rachel thing going. While its clear the guy is crazy in love with her, her overpowering Ally McBealness makes her hard to predict. Will they? Wont they?

Or perhaps a better question is: should they? Joey and Dawson were an interesting couple because of the on/off thing, but it got tired and irritating reeeal quick. Mayhaps they should go for the UST? But the Mulder/Scully thing was agonising too, and they really are very likeable characters. Its almost painful to watch JD's attempts fail repeatedly for some stupid reason again and again, and lord knows Elliot demands a special kind of guy...(This is the girl who once gave herself a beard by overdosing on the Pill...)

Yes, I know how completely un-earthshattering this is, but it really is a very sweet show, and they really were a very sweet couple while they lasted. But I dont know if I could watch them crash and burn again. I never really forgave Elliot...
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:54 AM   #2
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003
Re: JD and Elliot?

I think they're destined for each other. Have been since the very first episode. But they'll drag it out until the very end, for the sheer hell of it.
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:58 AM   #3
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Christ, they will won't they? That worries me. If they keep putting it off, without resolving it, what happens if it gets cancelled? That leaves JD stranded in the Friend Zone forever! Its a fate worse than death!

I'd forgotten how much I love this show til I saw that epp with the smashed bike and Elliots ex yesterday. JD couldnt make up his mind, and then the PA goes "Will doctors Leave and Winnerback please come to the ER? Thats Leave and Winnerback, as soon as possible please..."
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:02 PM   #4
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003

Erm.... darling? Sweetness? Angel of my desire?

How much coffee have you consumed today at work? Do you think a little lie down may be in order? How bout I make you a nice soothing cup of tea... dammit! No... no more caffeine.
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:03 PM   #5
Gattaca69
Starfighter
53 flights since Jan 2004

I just got back into the routine of watching that show. And the ending just made me so annoyed!
Why can't they see that they're made for eachother!?
Common who are they kidding!?
Gattaca69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:12 PM   #6
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Ive had an awful lot of caffiene and an even more boring than usual day. Hence, all day all I could do was replay tv shows in my head that I'd seen recently. Since Scrubs was bouncing around for hours in there, I guess it joins a long line: Dinosaurs, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, X Men, X Files, Buffy, 24, Silent Hill and now Scrubs is my new obsession. Well, could do worse.

And yes, I do want to beat them both around the head because they are clearly meant to be ("Leave and Winnerback..."), and the reasons they broke up (Specifically, Elliot broke up...) were so stupid you'd think the writers were trying to keep them apart for drama or something...
Old Jan 28, 2004, 10:55 AM   #7
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

why wouldnt they keep them apart for the drama? Thay go together extremly well. Becks is right. They will drag it out untill the end.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2004, 11:06 AM   #8
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

They'd keep them apart for drama because statistically, a couple like that aren't funny or dramatic once they get together. Storylines tend to get a bit weaker when there is a happy couple (Ross and Rachel, Sam and wahts-her-face in Cheers, Buffy and Angel always had something to mope about, )

Unrequited or doomed love will always be more dramatic than delightful sex buddies.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 11:15 AM   #9
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

Yep. No one likes to see people get together.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2004, 11:38 AM   #10
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Gosh darnit. They're just so damn likeable, they deserve to be a couple.

Still, Elliot always has old Mrs. Carter for company...Jesus...

I feel another Poll coming on. TVs sweetest couple?

EDIT: I just found an interview with the Scrubs head honcho, (Whos married to the woman who plays Jordan. Wierd.) Anyway, he says that hes going to let them get together to "f*ck once a year at random", and then hes going to spilt them up again. Which is an interestng compromise I suppose...

Last edited by jill_valentine : Jan 29, 2004 at 06:36 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 06:32 AM   #11
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

For anyone who likes "Scrubs", I'd also recommend "Undeclared".
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2004, 06:35 AM   #12
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

What is this Undeclared you speak of? Tell me more?
Old Jan 29, 2004, 06:58 AM   #13
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

It's basically the same: Young people coping with an unknown place and people. Except it's a college instead of a hospital.

Really cool show.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2004, 07:08 AM   #14
Gul
Starfighter
122 flights since Dec 2003

yerh its like fry and lela romance..
Gul is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2004, 07:11 AM   #15
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Another sweet couple...Goddamn the stupid bastards that cancelled Futurama.......Though I believe they're bringing back Family Guy due the the tremendous DVD sales...

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]