Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies > Scanner Darkly, A (2006)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Scanner Darkly, A (2006)

In a drug-infested world where 20% of the population are government spies, a reluctant recruit is ordered to snoop on his friends. | guide

Old Dec 12, 2005, 02:37 PM   #1
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Talking An awesome rumour

I've been looking forward to this film for some time now. Despite the fact it stars Keanu Reeves, it has great potential. We may finally get a faithful adaptation of a PKD book, and the animation is fantastic. Here's a letter sent in to JoBlo.com, and if it's true, I'm looking forward to this even more:

Quote:
I have a friend who is [redacted]. I thought you might be interested in this scoop.

The movie is doing very well in test screenings, but the #1 complaint audiences have is with the score. So I can only tell you this anonymously, but the producers have approached RADIOHEAD about doing a new score for the film and it looks like everything is going to go through. So in addition to an awesome animated Phillip K. **** film, we will have a brand new Radiohead score to look forward to. as far as I know, this is the first time Radiohead has ever done a score for the film. While this is still a "rumor" at this time, I would give it a 99% accuracy rating at this point.

Also, I've seen the new trailer for the film and it is absolutely outstanding. It should be hitting the web any time now.

I need to remain anonymous, but you can call me ...Miguel Garzia.

I like Radiohead, I do.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 04:44 PM   #2
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Re: An awesome rumour

Would it fit the feel of the book? Haven't read it, nor do I beleive direct adaptations are the only way to go, but there's some things you can do and some things you just can't.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 04:35 PM   #3
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Would it fit the feel of the book? Haven't read it, nor do I beleive direct adaptations are the only way to go, but there's some things you can do and some things you just can't.

That is hard to say since they change their sound after every album. They've always been quite progressive and, nowadays, very weird and experimental. Since this is a pretty trippy SF novel, I can only imagine how bizarre the music is this time.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:43 PM   #4
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Progressive, weird, but always good. Should suit. Haven't read the novel, but I love the look of the movie. Looks a bit like the ol' Fear Effect games on the PS1.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 05:27 PM   #5
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

Apparently they are not doing the whole soundtrack. However, there will be a couple of new tracks by them. Yay!

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies > Scanner Darkly, A (2006)