Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: Given the current events, is a Shi'ite uprising innevitable in Iraq?
Yes, a Shi'ite uprising is now innevitable. 3 50.00%
It's a volatile situation, but maybe it can be resolved. 3 50.00%
No, an uprising will not take place so soon. 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 5, 2004, 07:30 PM   #16
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: Inssurection?

Don't act so surprised. You know I hate you still.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 07:37 PM   #17
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

its a thin line bt love and hate, Iwata. . .
. . . .so I think thats saying a lot, dont you?

just send flowers next time. Lilies.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 07:39 PM   #18
Iwata
Autarch

With out short past history, I'd say love is hardly an issue. Or if it is, it's very thinly disguised, aye?
Old Apr 6, 2004, 05:04 AM   #19
Wachesaw
Wing Commander
428 flights since Mar 2003

Rise up and toss them out, I say.

Iwata, sometimes your posts seem like sarcasm, although i fear they are not... you actually want Uncle S. NOT to be thrown out of there?

Wachesaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 05:54 AM   #20
Iwata
Autarch

I want the Coalition out of there, yes. Make no mistake about that. I've had my doubts about this war, but now it's too late for doubts. The **** has hit the fan a long time ago, and now we can complain all we want, it won't solve the problem.

But unlike most, I'm not rash enough to say they should leave NOW. We (Portugal) have seen what can happen if troops are pulled out of a conflict too soon due to political pressure.

So I want them out of there when the Iraqis are able to stand on their own without resorting to Civil War.

Do I want them out of there? Yes!

Is this the right time? No.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 06:33 AM   #21
Prividenie_
Pilot
47 flights since Feb 2004

Quote:
«...the Shi'ites most likely were glad that Hussein was out of power...» - mack

Yes. You got it right...

They didn't like Hussein... but they don't like seeing foreigners controlling their territory either.
Prividenie_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 07:20 AM   #22
Iwata
Autarch

Well, the Shi'ite militia, for the moment, is estimated to be at least 10.000 strong, and supporters will continue to grow.

At the same time, the U.S. is now considering deploying considerable reinforcements. Also, the latest signs point towards Shi'ites of this militia killed the civilian contractors killed last week.

The Shi'ites have released some demands: They want a religious newspaper re-opened, they want the release of several Shi'ite prisioners, and the withdrawal of Coalition forces from urban areas.

This has "escalation" written all over it.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 04:22 PM   #23
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
I want the Coalition out of there. . . . So I want them out of there when the Iraqis are able to stand on their own . . . . . Do I want them out of there?

"You cant always get what you want . . ."
"You cant always get what you want....."

and Prividenie wants a. . . .but he wont get it either . . .
Old Apr 6, 2004, 04:23 PM   #24
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
I want the Coalition out of there. . . . So I want them out of there when the Iraqis are able to stand on their own . . . . . Do I want them out of there? Yes.

(and now he has requirements. . . .)

"You cant always get what you want . . ."
"You cant always get what you want....."

and Prividenie wants a. . . .but he wont get it either . . .
Old Apr 6, 2004, 05:57 PM   #25
Iwata
Autarch

Bah.

Don't worry too much about it.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:22 PM   #26
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Prividenie_ Am I missing something here? You were saying.. I want..(what)? What do I want ?.. What were you saying? No, really..

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata Don't worry too much about it.

Listen to Iwata---dont worry too much about it. Im sure I had some (sexless) thought in mind, but who cares at this point? It was an inside joke (with me being the only person who got it. . )

sad, I know. But I have to amuse myself how I can (amidst the super-serious here). . .
Old Apr 8, 2004, 09:41 AM   #27
Iwata
Autarch

Well, acording the U.S. sources, the Coalition has lost control over the cities of Najaf and Kut.

Shi'ite militia took over key government buildings, and ehavy fighting continues.

On related news, Iraqi resistance has kidnapped several Japanese and Korean civilians, and threaten to kill the hostages unless Japan pulls out of Iraq.

The Iraqi minister for internal affairs and security has resigned, and battles still rage around Fallujah and Baghdad.

This week alone, over 50 Coalition soldiers and 400 Iraqis have been killed in the several battles raging across the country, in the most fierce conflict since the "official" end of the war.

In the meantime, the Shi'ites are ragind over a laser-guided bomb dropped from an F-16 on mosque. The bomb was dropped after a U.S. convoy was attacked from gunmen from within the mosque.

So, let me get this straight... it's ok for them to kidnap and brutally murder civilians in a barbaric display of savagery, it's ok for them to claim they need to kill on God's word, it's ok for them to hide in a mosque and fire on soldiers, it's ok for them to use ambulances and medical uniforms to sneak in suicide bombers, it's ok for them to hide in a CATHOLIC church and claim protection (while only the day before they were vowing death to Jews and Catholics), but it's not ok for us to blast a hole in the wall so as to get those pricks?

Right...

Here's what I think is the Muslim Fundamentalist's new Koran:

Old Apr 8, 2004, 10:09 AM   #28
Prividenie_
Pilot

That’s funny… but you shouldn’t blame the Koran. The Koran is just a book that teaches religion – some smarta$ses may use it as “excuse” or/and “flag”, but the Koran itself isn’t responsible for all this crisis… you see, sometimes people just use holly things to reach other people’s hearts (the christians did the same… ).
Old Apr 8, 2004, 10:26 AM   #29
Iwata
Autarch

I'm not blaming the Koran. I'm blaming the people who twist it to adjust to their own cruel view of the world. I saw a placard on the news last night on a manifestation that said "Islam will dominate the world".

And I wish I could say it was just that guy, but I'd be kidding myself. It may even be a minority, but it's a minority that can do enough harm as it is.

We evolved since the Crusades. have they?
Old Apr 8, 2004, 10:37 AM   #30
Prividenie_
Pilot

Sort of… In a different way…

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]