Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:30 AM   #16
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Re: Watchmen

Film is 'in the can' and first still is a Rorschach image, all flamey and stuff.

Official Site: http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/ (more of a blog than typcial movie site at the mo)
Loads of cool stuff there, story boards, on set images, scene backdrops, costumes etc.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 04:07 AM   #17
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Best graphic novel ever. The superhero archetype inserted into the twentieth century- written with an astute socio-political eye. And awesomeness. The movie will surely disappoint as it is not being directed by Terry Gilliam who is the one man fit for the job.

Terry Gilliam is Terry Gilliam and Elvis Mitchell is his prophet.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 05:35 PM   #18
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

I really like the look of the couple of stills I've seen, but I love the book so very much... Il have night-terrors about the sheer magnitude of the failure if this film goes wrong.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:42 AM   #19
Seraph

Eh I don't know. I know it will look good (300), but beyond that...I don't know.

(How nice of me to post such a pointless post)
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:21 PM   #20
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchcoffee

I read it when I was twenty and thought, too, that it was not very interesting,

To be frank, it's just because you're a herbert.

Last edited by SF_not_Sci-Fi : Feb 29, 2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 08:55 AM   #21
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Here's pics of the characters. Can't say I'm that impressed...some of them, especially Ozymandias, remind me of Schumacher's Batman.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2008, 04:45 PM   #22
Seraph

I like them.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 04:21 AM   #23
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Maybe the nipple-suits are an intentional reference to Schumacher's films, in an attempt to deconstruct the superhero genre like Moore's book did...I still don't like it though.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:32 PM   #24
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
Well, all other things aside the production design seems be awesome

That... that kicks ass. Especially the Comedian and Rorschach. Night Owl is exactly what he needs to be- remember he's a more recent 'superhero' and is basically a 'modern batman.' I hope that is supposed to be the young Ozymandias though. Because seriously- they're going to have to age him.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:36 AM   #25
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

I've got to say, i'm going to be joining Alan moore on this one, classic british eccentric that he is, not going to be seeing it. though he did give it a sort of praise, saying that Hayter's script was as close to the comic as possible.

the quote, nicked from wiki
"was as close as [he] could imagine anyone getting to Watchmen." However, Moore added, "I shan't be going to see it. My book is a comic book. Not a movie, not a novel. A comic book. It's been made in a certain way, and designed to be read a certain way: in an armchair, nice and cozy next to a fire, with a steaming cup of coffee."

the only thing that would tempt me, is the chance to watch people who've not read it's reaction to the ending.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:47 AM   #26
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

All the characters look far better than if they stuck to the 1960's Batman-esque tights etc that the graphic novel had them in.

But it really is a graphic novel - and how well it translates to the big screen is something only a viewing will be able to tell me.

I thought 300 wouldn't translate at all to the screen, so stylised was the graphic novel - but the film was... staggering, IMO.

So this is a film I will definitely watch - and will reserve judgement until afterwards.
I obviously hope that, as a minimum, it is a good enough film not to detract from my enjoyment of the novel.
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:18 PM   #27
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Hmm... not convinced yet. The blatant Batman-ery of the 'Owl is either a stroke of genius or disastrous.

Hmm, I either forgot or didn't know that Hayter was involved. Nerdy fondness persists.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 08:37 AM   #28
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

If good trailers only equaled good movies, this would be a lock:
http://io9.com/5026402/watch-how-fai...?autoplay=true

Impressive - dark, artsy, cool, moody - even if the movie sucks, this one gets my vote for best teaser/trailer ever.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 10:08 AM   #29
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

I liked this trailer as well, it seems to promise many things. Whether or not those promises pan out....
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2008, 04:29 PM   #30
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

The trailer looks awesome.

After the amazing 300, Snyder is quickly becoming a favourite of mine, and "Watchmen", whom I have a real high degree of respect for, will surely make for an awesome movie.

I only hope that the fact that they used a song of the horrid "Batman & Robin" in the trailer isn't a bad omen.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies