Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Reading Room

Your quiet and comfy lounge to pick up a great book and discuss sci-fi literature.

Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:55 PM   #1
mightymem
Recruit Pilot
14 flights since Sep 2006
Heinlein books

Any one here read a novel by Robert A Heinlein who is a classic scifi author, the film Starship troopers was actual based on his novel of the same title. Although they have little in common, they are both equally good. The film is simple but enjoyable while the book is a thought provoking if slightly controversial novel. Most of Heinlein books are very interesting and can be quite a challange to read, I have read the following titles of his books Starship troopers, The moon is a harsh mistress, Stranger from a strange land and am at the current time reading Puppet Masters. All are great has anyone read any of his books ?
mightymem is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:16 AM   #2
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: Heinlein books

I still rank Stranger in a Strange Land in my top five list but, oddly enough, I never really liked anything else from Heinlen, the aforementioned Starship Troopers I found hugely disspointing.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:56 PM   #3
alexjoan
Apprentice
3 flights since Mar 2010
Re: Heinlein books

Between Planets:
Donald Harvey heads to Venus just at the time that Venus declares independence from Earth. Before he knows it he's caught up in a war where the Earth is trying to reconquer Venus. They're also after Don too--he has a secret ring with information on it that can change the outcome of the war. He has to get the ring to the right parties or else the war will be really lost.
alexjoan is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room