Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Reading Room

Your quiet and comfy lounge to pick up a great book and discuss sci-fi literature.

Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:22 AM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Last Harry Potter Book

The final Harry Potter book now has a title:

Quote:
Harry Potter VII Gets A Title

J.K. Rowling announced on Dec. 21 the title of her upcoming seventh and final Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, according to her British publisher, Bloomsbury. The publication date has not been set, though it's expected in 2007.

The announcement puts to rest months of rumors about the book's title, which have included Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat and Harry Potter and the Graveyard of Memories, the British Guardian newspaper reported. It's not clear what "Deathly Hallows" are, as they have not been mentioned in previous books.

On her official Web site, Rowling wrote about her progress on the book, with a hint that at least two characters will die.

She also said that the boy wizard has been invading her dreams of late. "For years now, people have asked me whether I ever dream that I am 'in' Harry's world," she wrote. "The answer was 'no' until a few nights ago when I had an epic dream in which I was, simultaneously, Harry and the narrator
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 08:54 AM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Last Harry Potter Book

I hope that Harry is the one that dies so there will be no more sequels. Ron should die too, but only because he's annoying.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:31 AM   #3
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Pretty sure Bumbledore will die - old geezer needs to kick off.
Snape will probably take over the school.

Hagrid - yeah, dead too.

I just don't see Harry Potter or any of the kids dying except maybe for Malfoy.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 12:27 PM   #4
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

bumbledore is already dead, snape did it last book.
personally I'm wandering if everythings as it seems, to be honest i really can't see this being the "end" of harry potter.

oh, j.k says it's the end, but sir arthur conan doyle said the same about a certain detective, who came back in the end.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 02:35 PM   #5
Arcee
Pilot
40 flights since Oct 2006

Yes Dumbledore was killed by none other than Snape himself in the 6th book. I hope that Ron is killed, and I hope that Harry and Hermione get together, not Ginny Weasley. I think that Voldemort will go after Harry's Aunt and Uncle, and Harry will have to save them. I also have a feeling that Professor McGonagall will also be killed. Death and Destruction. Sounds like the Decepticons to me.
Arcee
Arcee is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 05:48 AM   #6
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

I'm rather hoping for a twist in the story, harry et all die, voldermort wins, only to be blown up by snape, who ushers in an era of darkness and dispare, as he forces everyone to attend his classes forever.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:35 PM   #7
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

havnt read the last book. Thanks for the spoiler.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 02:50 PM   #8
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

It's about time she got her celebrity finger out her ass and got the fvcking thing on the shelves.
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 01:28 PM   #9
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Well, it appears the ending to the final book has been posted by a handful of ambitious hackers.

According to these miscreants the final book ends with Snape kiling Hagrid and then Voldemort facing off against Ron and Hermione (no idea where Potter is) on Privet Drive. They fight bravely for several minutes and it's Hermione that is killed. One can only assume that Ron is next when in swoops Harry to kill all the baddies and save the day ...the end.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 07:44 AM   #10
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Just finished it.

That was the bestest Potter book of all.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:38 AM   #11
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

I agree, and it wrapped alot of the big questions.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room