Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old May 1, 2008, 03:35 PM   #1
used_2_b_heyday
Wing Commander
184 flights since Oct 2005
Need Some Admin Help on Registration for New Members Please!

New users trying to join the forum are getting a REGISTRATION DISABLED error message. I verified this by logging out and trying to register. Can someone fix this?
used_2_b_heyday is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 05:02 PM   #2
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: Need Some Admin Help on Registration for New Members Please!

Registration of new members has been disabled, supposedly by Ramses, the site's administrator, upon his last visit.

Ramses is notoriously elusive and it's unknown when he's coming back. He usually shows up about once or twice a year and makes some minor adjustments. The best (and only) course of action to follow is to try and contact Ramses and tell him your problem. Then when he comes back, MAYBE he'll fix the problem.

Although, my guess is if he did indeed shut down registration, it's because he wanted it that way.

Unfortunatelly, none of the moderators have the power to bring back registration, so...
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 09:54 PM   #3
used_2_b_heyday
Wing Commander
184 flights since Oct 2005

Iwata - thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Sounds very mysterious.

Mike
used_2_b_heyday is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 02:07 AM   #4
DIRTYDAVE-OM-
Sector Marshall
703 flights since Dec 2003

This keeps a lot of good people away from this forum since they are unable to register. We have someone currently trying to be a part of the Omega Man community that has some very valuable information for us that he would like to share with us but is unable to be registered. Instead, the information has to be relayed to me to post. It would be a lot easier on the both of us if he was just allowed to join up.
DIRTYDAVE-OM- is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 02:45 AM   #5
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Yes indeed, and the steady influx of rookies that kept the site running trickled down to a halt. But as it is, we have a pretty good established community here, so, I think we can survive until Ramses listens to our pleas and gets registration back up.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 03:13 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwata
Registration of new members has been disabled, supposedly by Ramses, the site's administrator, upon his last visit.

Although, my guess is if he did indeed shut down registration, it's because he wanted it that way.

Unfortunatelly, none of the moderators have the power to bring back registration, so...

Now Iwata, we all know why he shut down registration. It was because of all the garbage he had to clean up and the fake accounts he had to get rid of. The only problem was that when he finished, he neglected to reactivate the ability and also to appoint Supermods.

Hey Ramses! Time to come back now!
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2009, 03:23 PM   #7
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

So, the registeration is still not working? Although my job(s) keep me too busy from visiting here more than "once in a blue moon", it makes me sad to see this place dying slowly. SciFlicks was once so fantastic place to spend time!

Newbies are the essence of life.
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2009, 01:26 PM   #8
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinWLady
Newbies are the essence of life.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 02:16 PM   #9
videonaut
Starfighter
145 flights since Sep 2003

Let them go to the Beta site http://z7.invisionfree.com/SciFlicks...ex.php?act=idx. It could use some new life!
videonaut is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:43 PM   #10
shockwave rider
Pilot
26 flights since May 2007

Y never herd of beta site b4? Is new?
shockwave rider is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 03:17 PM   #11
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

No, the Beta has been around since 2004 when it seemed the Alpha site was lost to us.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:58 AM   #12
Ramses
Administrator
209 flights since Jul 2000

Registrations are now reopened.
Ramses is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems