Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Untitled Wolverine Sequel

Apparently despite being underappreciated by fans (I personally enjoyed the first one) they are making a sequel. I would have preferred the Origins: Magneto they were supposed to make along with Wolverine. But oh well.

Quote:
08.20.10 By: Peter Hall

20th Century Fox has, according to Vulture, narrowed down the hunt for a new director to helm their untitled sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. They've been meeting with talent for a while now, but the playing field has been reduced to just two names: David Slade (he of Hard Candy, 30 Days of Night, Eclipse) and Robert Schwentke (he of Flightplan, The Time Traveler's Wife, the up coming ensemble action flick Red). This doesn't mean they've actually hired Slade and Schwentke to both tackle the film, just that they're the last pair standing.

It will actually now be up to Wolvie himself, Hugh Jackman, to make the call on who wants bossing him around for a few months. Vulture's report is that he'll be meeting with both Slade and Schwentke, but that their tipster pins Slade as being a foregone conclusion. That's a great choice in my book, as I've been a big fan of the British director's work since Hard Candy (hell, he even managed to make a not-terrible Twilight movie). but even if it didn't go to Slade, I've yet to see anything of Schwentke's that makes me think I want him to make a superhero action movie (hopefully Red changes my opinion on that front).

Plus, my preference for their past films aside, I think Slade is the better choice solely because a Wolverine movie set in Japan is going to require a bold visual style; a style I've yet to see Schwentke execute properly. That's just me though. Who would you like to see direct the next Wolverine?
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Untitled Wolverine Sequel

People are still interested in Wolverine? he was basically the main character in all three X-Men films, then they made a spin-off focusing on him even more, and now this? What about the other X-Men?
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:36 AM   #3
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

The others aren't nearly as dreamy.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 04:10 PM   #4
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Dont care about Wolverine, never have, I want to see a Gambit movie!

Gambit Gambit Gambit! Funky Staff and exploding playing cards baby!
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
People are still interested in Wolverine? he was basically the main character in all three X-Men films, then they made a spin-off focusing on him even more, and now this? What about the other X-Men?

Oh, you're getting one, X-Men: First Class and from what I've heard about it, it's not even being particularly faithful to previous X-Men films.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:02 PM   #6
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfan
Dont care about Wolverine, never have, I want to see a Gambit movie!

Gambit Gambit Gambit! Funky Staff and exploding playing cards baby!
Aaaaaaaaaaaand to the masses, he was a bit part in a spin off.

Sucks, but true.

Plus I have a (heavily) sneaking suspicion any Gambit related movie, once brought to life, would be hookey at best.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:53 PM   #7
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Yeah you're probably right but a man can dream can't he?
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies