Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Sep 12, 2005, 06:04 PM   #46
Edisonian
Recruit Pilot
13 flights since Sep 2005
Lost

I love this show, it's so well written. I'm looking forward to the new show "Supernatural" too.
Edisonian is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 08:01 PM   #47
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Lost- you are watching it right?

Quote:
Originally posted by Splendiferous
You are both very, very mean

If I had the money AND the inclination to jump through hoops, I would buy the R2 boxsets out of sheer impatiance (12 whole episodes! Wow!).

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we dodn't actually get two new episodes. We got Lost: The Journey, an utterly infuriating hour of compressed "Previously On Lost" with an incredibly bad narration by Brain Cox. I presume it was put together to give people who hadn't watched it a leg up, but godammit, I was looking forward to my next Kateisode.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 08:48 PM   #48
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

OK, ok. Ive caved and rented the first 4 episodes on dvd.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 04:56 AM   #49
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we dodn't actually get two new episodes. We got Lost: The Journey, an utterly infuriating hour of compressed "Previously On Lost" with an incredibly bad narration by Brain Cox. I presume it was put together to give people who hadn't watched it a leg up, but godammit, I was looking forward to my next Kateisode.

Ah, you just fancy Evangeline Lilly No, actually, I agree, she's a very interesting character that I would to see more of. Although I'm still waiting for a Charliesode.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 12:39 PM   #50
mack
misanthrope

k so I began episode one, and Im already bored. I confess, after about 5 minutes of pure drivel and mindless godhood status of the "doctor" (explain to me how a beautiful woman finds him shirtless in the jungle, managing herself tostay completely unscathed by the crash, with a nice billowy still WHITE shirt?? Oh, and her makeup was intact, too. :rollyes: ) I grew bored. I ejected it and watched Mutant X instead. Ive somehow gotten used that THAT drivel.

tv shows arent what they used to be.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 01:38 PM   #51
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

I don't like Kate, or Jack, as much as I used to. They're far too ordinary by now. Charlie and his addiction, Sayid and even Sawyer have the best ones, IMO. Sawyer actually becomes a likeable character. He stops being mean and becomes a "loveable *******" type after his episode.

I just watched the Audition Tapes out of boredom and my God, now I'm a fan of audition tapes. When I watched them, I watched them as proper actors instead of their characters. It makes me realise how good they are. Not good if I want to be a critic, I guess. Dammit, I want to act that good! Then I could lie convincingly.

Matthew Fox (the guy who plays Jack) reads for Sawyer and he's bloody terrifying and effective. When he read for Jack, he did the scene when he's on the beach and meets Kate. The way he acts exhausted so convincingly never occured to me when I watched the actual episode.

The guy who plays Hurley also reads for Sawyer...he does it well, but it's scary because Sawyer is meant to be a pervert that chats up everyone but Hurley is a huge fat guy...

Evangeline Lilly is awesome and I wish that I could make it look like I was about to cry like she was. There's a weird bit at the beginning, though, where she's arguing with J. J. Abrams and I'm not sure if it's real or another performance...

Oh, and I watched the season finale again. Still one of the best season finales I have ever seen. *SPOILERS* That bit where they're on the raft is as suspenceful as the entire 90 minutes of Jaws!
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 04:02 PM   #52
Wachesaw
Wing Commander
428 flights since Mar 2003

-
spoiler:
-

IT'S A WARPCORE!
The 4th warpcore!
Wachesaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 04:19 AM   #53
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

I got my wish, the very next episode was a Charliesode. His brother's an utter, utter twat. Booo, Liam!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 04:34 PM   #54
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Quote:

Ah, you just fancy Evangeline Lilly

I am a shallow, shallow human being.

Quote:
No, actually, I agree, she's a very interesting character that I would to see more of. Although I'm still waiting for a Charliesode.

I like that she's cast against character. When Kate lies or manipulates one of the others she never winks to the audience. On the Island, she's played and written as a good guy, but the more we find out about her, the more in doubt her good guy credentials get.

Besides. Freckles.

Shame you ducked out early Mack, it takes a while to grab hold of ya.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:36 PM   #55
mack
misanthrope

Well. At least I didnt throw them in the garbage. I have to work myself back up to vomiting through the Pilot - Part 1, though.

Ill be brave.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 04:52 AM   #56
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

I thought the pilot was great - you saw that poor guy hitting the roof of the plane at least three times. Now THAT's quality television
Old Sep 16, 2005, 09:28 AM   #57
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

What about the guy beng sucked through the engine?

Jill youd be shocked but I have a friend, named Lily, oddly enoguh, and well shes looks almost exactly like Evangeline Lilly. The freckles and all....
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 01:35 PM   #58
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
explain to me how a beautiful woman finds him shirtless in the jungle, managing herself tostay completely unscathed by the crash, with a nice billowy still WHITE shirt?? Oh, and her makeup was intact, too. :rollyes: ) I

See, you're looking at it backwards. You're wondering "How could they expect me to believe they'd all look so fabulous after a plane crash?" when really, you're supposed to be wondering "What could have ripped a plane in half in midair, without any apparent explosion or collision, and still leave 40-odd people alive without any of the injuries associated with a plane crash or any clear recollection of what happened once the tail went?" The first few episodes sort of focus on the practical stuff of how they're getting by, sort of the Jurrasic Park phase. The later episodes move into spookier territory, somewhere between Twin Peaks and The Langoliers.

Ideally, you'd hang on until Locke's episode, Walkabout, which'll either leave you totally cold or make ya a believer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tack
Jill youd be shocked but I have a friend, named Lily, oddly enoguh, and well shes looks almost exactly like Evangeline Lilly. The freckles and all....

How do you get anything done? I'm a big stupid fool for freckles. And Canadian Model-turned-actresses, but... that'd be a stretch right?

Your friend's not a Canadian Model-turned-actresses too is she?

... right?

Latest email from Channel 4. The Google-style formatting is lost in translation, but you get the idea.

Quote:

Sent : Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:56 PM
To : ***
Subject : Who is John Locke?

| | | Inbox

John Locke
John Locke was an Oxford scholar, medical researcher and physician, ... A good
edition of this with critical essays is John Locke A Letter Concerning ...
oregonstate.edu/instruct/phl302/philosophers/locke.html - 13k - 14 Sep 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

John Locke (1632-1704), The Philosopher of Freedom.
Extensive biography of John Locke. Concentrates on Locke's philosophical thesis.
www.blupete.com/Literature/ Biographies/Philosophy/Locke.htm - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

channel4.com - Lost
All you need to know about every episode of Lost. The Untold The Untold
Lost Untold: "Step into Locke's subconscious" ...
http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...osites/L/lost/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

John Locke Foundation
Political organization in North Carolina based on Lockean thought.
www.johnlocke.org/ - 25k - 13 Sep 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Philosphypages.com: John Locke
A brief discussion of the life and works of John Locke, with links to electronic texts and additional information.
www.philosophypages.com/ph/lock.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

TravelChums
... TravelChum jlocke's Profile The types of destinations I prefer: Off the beaten path, Parks/Nature Preserves, Exotic, Farms, Wilderness, PrimitiveMy interests are: Wilderness/Survival Skills I live in: USA ...
www.travelchums.com/jlocke - 24k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.travelchums.com ]

Who exactly IS John Locke?

For more on Locke, go to Lost Untold.

Episode 7 repeats on Sunday at 6.30pm on C4.

Last edited by jill_valentine : Sep 16, 2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 04:46 PM   #59
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

Quote:

How do you get anything done? I'm a big stupid fool for freckles. And Canadian Model-turned-actresses, but... that'd be a stretch right?

Your friend's not a Canadian Model-turned-actresses too is she?

... right?

The first few days it was hard doing anything but drool.

shes not canadain but yeah ... the cute freckles and face... omg...
ok I have to stop thinking about it.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 05:40 AM   #60
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

Quote:

Wow, I thought you were being sarcastic earlier, didn't think I was actually right! If it's any consolation, I'm a big stupid fool for freckles too.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum