Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

All sci-fi movies which have too many fantasy elements/unexplained phenomenae to classify properly as science fiction.

Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:18 AM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
The Adventures of Bricoe County Jr.

Just got the complete series on DVD. I had all but forgotten about this gem of a show, cancelled before its time, destined to be remembered alongside The Lone Gunmen and Firefly as spectacular television cut down in its prime.

Bruce Campbell - SciFi Western - great stuff.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Rook
Starfighter
90 flights since Dec 2002
Thumbs up Heck yes!

I never actually watched it while it was on television for some reason, and I'm kicking myself hard and often for that now. I just happened to rent it a few weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with it. Of course, Bruce Campbell always helps. He was perfect for it, and I really think it's the best thing I've ever seen him in.

How it didn't find enough of an audience to carry on for several more seasons is beyond me. I'm glad, at least, that it made it to DVD.
Rook is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:52 AM   #3
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: The Adventures of Bricoe County Jr.

It might be mentioned that all three of the aforementioned SciFi series' cut short were aired originally on FOX.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 03:07 PM   #4
Rook
Starfighter
90 flights since Dec 2002

This is true. Of course, it certainly doesn't help that they jammed it in the absolute worst timeslot imaginable, which is rather idiotic considering how much they went out of their way to promote it. (If I'm not mistaken, it's the same one The Lone Gunmen and Firefly ended up getting stuck in, too.)

It's no wonder I really don't bother watching television anymore.

Last edited by Rook : Aug 9, 2007 at 03:13 PM.
Rook is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 08:30 AM   #5
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

Brisco!!!! Goddamn! I remember watching this like a maniac, when the national broadcast company started showing it here. I had totally forgot about this. Thanks Sith!
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy