Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:32 AM   #16
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Re: Zombie Logic? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack
However, the point is made that for the most part your average middle or high school student doesnt really give a care about zombie mechanics or social metaphors - the zombie to most is nothing more than a blunt instrument of fear that works for the movie. It gets the job done, and churns out another D-movie thriller. I respect that, and if you look at it that way, I think Iwata hits the nail on the head.
Even in that case I think that 'your average middle or high school student' would instinctively identify the '28' movies as zombie movies.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:40 PM   #17
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

The 28 days boogins were zombies in the sense that they had no emotions or anything like that....and all they had the urge to do was eat you or beat you to death with a stick. They were more frightening than the old Ramero zombies....cause they were fast. And semi intelligent. And quick to reproduce.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:41 PM   #18
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthemighty
The 28 days boogins were zombies in the sense that they had no emotions or anything like that....and all they had the urge to do was eat you or beat you to death with a stick. They were more frightening than the old Ramero zombies....cause they were fast. And semi intelligent. And quick to reproduce.

I have to disagree with you there. They certainly had a shock value to them, due to their speed, but as far as being scarier..? I find the slow inevitability of death stalking you, and likely to silently lurch out of anywhere, far scarier.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:03 PM   #19
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

I would rather be stuck in a small three room house with ten Ramero zombies than stuck outside with two 28 days zombies any goddamn day of the week.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:11 PM   #20
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Personally I'm way calmer around the zombies I can jog away from.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:17 PM   #21
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

plus, you can fistfight a ramero zombie....as long as you dont punch it in the mouth and cut your knuckles on its teeth
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:57 AM   #22
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

I think you'd get used to getting away from fast zombies pretty quickly. the slow zombies never die where they '28' zombies you just have to get away from them for about 28 days and your just fine.

the slow zombies are like a slow march of plague across the world. easier to get away from in one moment but you cant run forever.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 02:18 PM   #23
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Sure you can. They arent going to go where there is no food. Go into Canada or something. Live miles away from civilization. You'd do good for awhile. Till you went crazy from cabin fever and killed yourself.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 02:17 PM   #24
Sharky
Cluster Admiral
1,670 flights since Nov 2001

Everybody needs to read this:

Not only does it discuss weapons and survival techniques, it also discusses the 'science' behind zombification. Very interesting and well-written.
Sharky is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 09:15 AM   #25
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

Did anyone see the Australian movie called Undead the zombies were kinda Romero-ish and there were a few evil-dead-ish references.

Have to agree with Demos, the Romero zombies are much easier to live with.
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 06:03 PM   #26
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
Everybody needs to read this:

Not only does it discuss weapons and survival techniques, it also discusses the 'science' behind zombification. Very interesting and well-written.

Read it! Thats why im prepared. I'm currently building an arsenal that'll give Ted Nugent an erection. And zombie proofing my house, and Stocking up on years of food.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 04:01 PM   #27
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

Who would you like to see as a zombie?
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2010, 06:54 AM   #28
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

I think i saw a zombie the other day in a convenience store. He sure looked like one anyway. Just standing there, kinda staring straight ahead.....ugh, creepy.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum