Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959, 1999) [original and re-adaptation]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959, 1999) [original and re-adaptation]

A fabulous world below the world.

Old Jul 25, 2005, 03:01 PM   #1
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Boom!

FIRST POST!!!

So no one likes this movie, I assume?
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:51 PM   #2
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Boom!

Is this like "The Core"??

Funny. I seem to remember that this was a movie of legendary proportions (that I never cared to watch), but the baby boomers loved....?

Guess I was either wrong about that, or we dont have many baby boomers on this site.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:28 AM   #3
yamota
Starfighter
110 flights since May 2005

I have this on DVD, it's one of my favorite movies! As a kid I was fascinated by the imagey, the big lizards and the ocean with a big vortex at the very center of the Earth, and then at the end where they ride a lava wave back up to the surface! As a kid, this is the kind of stuff that stays in your mind forever!
yamota is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 04:23 PM   #4
Wachesaw
Wing Commander
428 flights since Mar 2003

So the remake is the Hallmark one?
Because if it is, it sucked.
Wachesaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 02:48 AM   #5
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota
I have this on DVD, it's one of my favorite movies! As a kid I was fascinated by the imagey, the big lizards and the ocean with a big vortex at the very center of the Earth, and then at the end where they ride a lava wave back up to the surface! As a kid, this is the kind of stuff that stays in your mind forever!

yep i remember those scenes too: reminds me of another great oldie, 1million years BC with Raquel Welch going "Ugggh". Great acting: great prehistoric bikini too
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959, 1999) [original and re-adaptation]