Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old Apr 15, 2008, 06:12 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
AstroBoy

Release Date: TBA 2009
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: David Bowers
Screenwriter: Timothy Harris
Starring: Freddie Highmore
Plot Summary: Set in futuristic Metro City, "AstroBoy" is about a young robot with incredible powers created by a brilliant scientist in the image of the son he has lost. Unable to fulfill the grieving man's expectations, our hero embarks on a journey in search of acceptance, experiencing betrayal and a netherworld of robot gladiators, before he returns to save Metro City and reconcile with the father who had rejected him. Based on the iconic character created by the "god of manga," Japan's Osamu Tezuka.

here
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:24 PM   #2
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: AstroBoy

http://www.astroboy-themovie.com/

Cast
Freddie Highmore as Astro Boy
Nicolas Cage
Kristen Bell
Nathan Lane
Matt Lucas
Bill Nighy
Eugene Levy
Donald Sutherland

Pics:

mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,026 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

I actually enjoyed the movie, granted I can't say that I remember ever seeing the original cartoon, I have to say that the movie was pretty impressive and in many points quite heartfelt.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:32 AM   #4
pattypatty2010
Apprentice
3 flights since Mar 2010

The movie was AMAZING, but I wish they had put more references to the old ones, or to the 2003 series, like adding to the kids' group somebody that would have looked like Ken or Reno. These were pretty important characters to the series, seeing them again for at least a split second would have been great
pattypatty2010 is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies