Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > War of the Worlds, The (1953, 2005) [original and re-adaptation]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

War of the Worlds, The (1953, 2005) [original and re-adaptation]

Mighty panorama of Earth-shaking fury as an army from Mars invades! | original guide

Old Jun 19, 2002, 01:05 PM   #1
Jef Wood
Apprentice
1 flights since Jun 2002
Thumbs up War of the Worlds

I have been a fallower of the war of the worlds
since I was 7 years old I am now 31. My step dad exposed me to the music version before I even saw the classic movie. Even though I am young compared to the book and the origanal
movie I cant begin to tell you how much it has affected my life.
I have very graphic and action paked re-accuring dreams. For a real quick example, The war machines are tearing down buildings with there heat ray and chasing me down.
One catches me and lifts me up with its tenticles and stares me in the face, It starts to lower me down to the ground, and every time I wake up at that point. the detail and graphics are unbelivable (I need to add the war machine in my dream is similer to the one in the music version. I think they are way more terrifying than the ones in the movie and the book. Does any one ever have dreams like that? I think its cool after I wake up and realize It was just a dream.

I am really looking forward to seeing the new version.

Jef-
Jef Wood is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 02:40 AM   #2
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003
Re: War of the Worlds

The Book and the movie seem to have inspired many people in some interesting ways. The theme pops up recurringly in books, movies and other works.

There is even a few War of the worlds RPG and a Wargame and a
Computer game too.

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 11:20 PM   #3
TSMChicago
n/a flights since
nightmares

Yes, I had nightmares for weeks after my first viewing of WOTW as a kid. I always hated that shot of the soldier engulfed in flames and my dream was always about getting roasted by a heat ray.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 08:17 PM   #4
Unregistered
n/a flights since

I would like to have those kind of dreams, but my head never understands to create them!

I've even tried to "control" my dreams (hard, though possible) but I never gained the control...

And I'm a huge fan of the music and novel, i'm not sure about the movie...

Oh boy, we almost died in laughter when we first saw the "martian" at the window... We never pictured them like THAT!

Oh this is getting little out of track now...

Skull-Hunter
Old Nov 15, 2003, 10:44 PM   #5
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002

War of the Worlds is one of the worst films I've ever seen

Last edited by Drone : Apr 27, 2004 at 06:14 PM.
Drone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 07:23 PM   #6
Unregistered
n/a flights since
dreams

There is something about war of the worlds in it's many versions that seems to insidiously work it's way into peoples dreams. there is a whole thread of peoples war of the worlds dreams on the message board at www.waroftheworldsonline.com

If you'd like to see what War Of The Worlds did to my brain.....

www.geocities.com/supreme_martian_overlord
Old Jan 14, 2005, 08:16 PM   #7
mkfarris2000
n/a flights since
Re: dreams

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
There is something about war of the worlds in it's many versions that seems to insidiously work it's way into peoples dreams. there is a whole thread of peoples war of the worlds dreams on the message board at www.waroftheworldsonline.com

If you'd like to see what War Of The Worlds did to my brain.....

www.geocities.com/supreme_martian_overlord
Old Jan 15, 2005, 11:55 PM   #8
mkfarris2000
n/a flights since
Post Re: Re: dreams

On the comment above, I got my user name in by accident. I had many dreams influenced by The War of the Worlds. My first dream of The War of the Worlds was on November 2nd, 2003 when I was 14 years old. When I had this dream, I was sleeping over at Auntie Amy & Uncle Jim's house sleeping in my cousin Brennen's room. I was sleeping on the top bunk of the bed. In the dream, at the first part I think, I was at Auntie Amy & Uncle Jim's house. Then later on, my mom came. Then later on, she told my that a meteor landed in our backyard. Then I couldn't wait to see the meteor. I have seen meteors in my life before, but I wanted to see a meteor up close. It would even be more thrilling. Later on, me, mom, & Ellen went home. As soon we went home in my dream, I think that my sister Ellen went over to her friend's house. I think it was Hailey's house she went to if she went to her friend's house. I don't know. My friends Aldon & Joshua came to my house with their mom named Danielle as soon as I came home. I was in the living room of the house. Everyone was near the door to the backyard of the house. I think it was to find to show the meteor. I looked through the window of the door to the backyard of the house to see if the meteor was still glowing. It wasn't glowing anymore, so I then saw the heat-ray of the Martian War Machine from the movie The War of the Worlds in the backyard facing the house. I think me & my friends were looking through that window as mom & Mrs Danielle were talking. I blurted out to everyone, "Hey look, that looks like something from the movie The War of the Worlds!" Everybody in the house was like, "Wow!" Then later on, mom & Mrs. Danielle went upstairs. Joshua had went up. Aldon stayed down with my to watch that heat-ray. I turned on the backyard lights to see the whole body of that alien spaceship from The War of the Worlds if it is exactly alike. I found out it was exactly alike with that rock-like meteor ship with the heat-ray already out of the hatch. That heat-ray looked exactly like in the movie. Aldon went upstairs as I stayed down to continue watching the heat-ray. Shortly later, I saw the glittering red, orange, & yellow on the heat-ray. Then I saw the heat-ray firing. The fire of the heat-ray looked exactly like in the 1953 film & the sound of the heat-ray firing. I heard some houses explode in the neighborhood. It was from the heat-ray. I saw light from the explosion blink outside & some blink struck the room. I got terrified of the heat-ray firing. I told everyone to get out of the house, because of that heat-ray firing. I also told them to bring out the animals. Everyone came down the stairs. They were getting ready to evacuate the house. The next thing that happened is that I woke up out of bed. When I woke up, I was kind of sweating. I was breathing rapidly after the dream. When you eat too much in the day, you can get weird dreams. I think I was eating too much party food from pop-pop & Brennen's birthday party, which caused me to have this dream. On August 31th, 2004, while I was watchine the movie The War of the Worlds on TV, they were saying about the meteor landing in the backyard. It was like the dream I had. Whoever wanted to have these kind of dreams, you will probably have them. Probably if you don't control it, it might come to you. I'm thinking of making a video about this dream I had. The first scenes will be copied from my dream until after I tried to get everyone out of the house. Then I will explain what might will happen later in the video. I will send it to the Greenville Convention Center, then it will be delivered to the internet. In this dream, I only saw the cobra-headed heat-ray. In the video, I will show the manta-ray shaped part that comes next. Another dream I had influenced by The War of the Worlds is probably on the 2nd week of March of 2004. I think it was on Tuesday morning. I was in a weird house with dad & Ellen. I was in a bedroom. We were watching The Day The Earth Stood Still on TV, the 1951 classic. There was a window on my right. I looked through that window. I saw the Martian War Machine from the movie The War of the Worlds coming. Since I had already had seen The Day the Earth Stood Still, I decided to watch the Martian War Machine instead. I got out of the bedroom & went to the hallway that has windows all over it & I can see outside through these windows. It was like a house of the future. I saw the Martian War Machine heading right for the house. I kept staring at the Martian War Machine. Then the Martian War Machine moved right over the hallway of the house. Then the Martian War Machine left the area of where the house I was in is at. Then I was going back in to tell dad about it. I wanted him to come with me to see it. Then I woke up. The next War of the Worlds dream I had was influenced by the H.G. Wells book, on September 19th, 2004. In the dream, I was watching the previews for the remake of The War of the Worlds. My dream was just predicting of what it would be. I dreamed that they were exactly like the ones in the H.G. Wells book. Then they interrupted the program & said that the Martian War Machines from that book are coming to attack. Later on, me & dad went to the water park for a little bit. Then I woke up from that dream. The next War of the Worlds dream I had was on October 9th, 2004. I had that dream when I was with my mom having Bojangles food. We saw the green blobing lights behind the hills of the Martian War Machines. I saw Dr. Clayton Forrester with his Geiger Counter walking by with Sylvia Van Buren. Me & mom were planning on watching the Martian War Machines rise out of the gully. The next dream I had was on October 14th, 2004. I had a dream when I was on the beach, I was killing Martian eggs. Then later on, I accidently set the trunk of my mom's car on fire. Grandma saw it & yelled at me. I think it was influenced by the Martian eggs. Then I got a bottle of water, poured it on the fire. It made the fire go out. Then I woke up from that dream. Now I can't go on about War of the Worlds dreams. There is too much.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > War of the Worlds, The (1953, 2005) [original and re-adaptation]