Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Old Aug 16, 2002, 01:25 PM   #31
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: Resident Evil

Come on, guys, no petty quarrels!

Just stick to the movie.

And 'chre, why don't you consider the Evil Dead flicks to be Zombie flicks?
What does everyone else think?
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2002, 02:01 PM   #32
kinetickyle
Starfighter
112 flights since Aug 2002

I wouldn't say it was the best zombie film ever, but it is one of the best video game-to-movie translations. The only other decent ones were "Mortal Kombat" and "Tomb Raider".
kinetickyle is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2002, 02:45 PM   #33
Autechre
Sector Marshall
734 flights since Jan 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
And 'chre, why don't you consider the Evil Dead flicks to be Zombie flicks?

err, cause zombies eat people for starters...in the evil dead films, they were just possesed...in a way bit like the exorsist...would you consider the exorcist a zombie film?...of course not.
Autechre is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2002, 02:55 PM   #34
Autechre
Sector Marshall
734 flights since Jan 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by kinetickyle
The only other decent ones were "Mortal Kombat" and "Tomb Raider".

no, theres no such thing as a decent "video game-to-movie translations"....there all crap, and its a crap idea to make them..and, a waste of time.
Autechre is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2002, 09:02 PM   #35
Iwata
Autarch

Well, I DO consider the Evil Dead series Zombie flicks, 'cause the people DIE, AND THEN get "possessed"...

As far as game-to-movie converion, you have 2 sides of the coin: They're either great, or they suck big time, no in-between.

Mortal Kombat, Wing Commander (most won't agree on this one) and Resident Evil were great.
Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat 2 and Tomb Raider sucked.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 04:10 PM   #36
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Quote:
I thought the Red Queen was great! The way she was saving Licker for them, the way she demanded Rain's life in return for opening the door... she was just evil, and you couldn't disassociate that "innocent young girl image" from her: (sweet child voice): "KILL HER!!! It's the only way!! There's no escape!! KILL HER!!"

Oh, yeah... the lasers... I honestly thought the captain was going to make it, but when the laser beam turned into... well, you know... it was totally an antithesis of the usual... the defenses are supposed to go out just a second BEFORE a character gets killed, not just a second AFTER he dies!!! Loved it, though...

And I was so sorry for Rain... I really thought she'd make it...her and the other guy that get's bitten...

what the ****... evil? What she was doing was completely justified. She was trying to prevent the virus from getting out. This, if anything, makes THEM the bad guys, not the red queen.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 03:22 AM   #37
Chibi Mason
Pilot
15 flights since Dec 2002
Cool Debatable

That's debatable, my friend. Yes, they were opposing the Red Queen's goals, and she was doing the right thing, but just because you oppose good doesn't mean you're evil. The main characters were following the supreme instinct of SURVIVESURVIVESURVIVESURVIVE, so they couldn't really help it. Plus, they could have gotten the antidote for Rain. Poor girl...

Oh yeah- not all video game movies are crap... I'll think of one... Eventually...

This one wasn't terrible...
Chibi Mason is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2003, 08:14 PM   #38
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

The Red Queen had no concept of good and evil. She behaved as she was programmed to. From the characters point of view, she was evil.

Generally in films, youre supposed to root for the humans, remember?
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:04 PM   #39
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002
I know this is off topic, but sinc Iwata brought it up...

Quote:
Well, I DO consider the Evil Dead series Zombie flicks, 'cause the people DIE, AND THEN get "possessed"...

I just watched the "Evil Dead" movies recently, and I have to disagree with that.
*Spoilers.* (WARNING: If you haven't seen the "Evil Dead" movies, then don't read the following. If you do and then complain about how I spoiled the movie for you, then well, I can't say much other than this: I warned you!)

True, some of the characters become possessed after they die, but that's not always the case. In the second movie, Ash becomes possessed (twice, in fact), but in the end, he was still alive after he became "unpossessed", so he didn't die and then become possessed. He was just plain possessed. Also, the girl who was the first person to be possessed in the first "Evil Dead" movie was sitting next to the window, perfectly alive. One moment, she was fine, (well, as fine as anyone could be after escaping from trees that attacked her) and the next moment, she suddenly becomes possessed. Therefore, the "Evil Dead" movies are not zombie movies.
*Spoilers end.*
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 09:58 AM   #40
Iwata
Autarch

You may be right.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 02:47 AM   #41
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

I looooved Resident Evil O.o. Most likely because of Milla Jovovich *drools*o.o...^__^
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]