Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Omega Man, The (1971)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Omega Man, The (1971)

The Last Man on Earth is Not Alone. | guide

Old Mar 25, 2000, 09:03 AM   #1
john murphy
n/a flights since
Exclamation Re: Very underrated

this is my alltime favourite movie.heston is excellent,but i think the oscar goes to anthony zerbe for a really chilling performance as matthias.this is a very underrated movie and most reviews i have read have been negative.heston must be applauded for having the vision to turn a great book into an even greater movie.a pity that not much more was heard of the minor characters like rosalind cash and paul koslo as they turned in memorable performances without which the movie would not have been as good.

i am interested in all aspects of this movie,especially posters,lobby cards,stills,reviews etc. and am building as big a collection as possible.great movie,a classic.god bless charlton heston
Old May 18, 2000, 12:43 PM   #2
Bryan Dameron
n/a flights since
Wink Re: Very underrated

I had the pleasure of seeing this movie for the first time at a theatre in my hometown. The depressing images that were put upon the screen before me have never left my mind. I read the Book "I AM LEGEND" which the movie was loosely based and enjoyed it very much. I do feel the film could have used a bit more action. Heston was his usual great self in portraying the loner Robert Neville. Aside from the 70ish clothing and slang, the film moved very nicely. Even for a PG rated movie what violence that was depicted on the screen was on the boarderline for that time.

I still watch this film from time to time because it still could come true. The thought of bacterial warfare is still very much possible even today. Bettering the Vincent Price original "THE LAST MAN ON EARTH", I feel this film will endure mainly because of Heston's performance. I do wish someone out there in Hollywood would remake it using all the present technology that is now available and let James Cameron direct. I could see blockbuster all over it.
Old Jun 11, 2000, 09:45 AM   #3
Joseph
n/a flights since
Re: Very underrated

The Omega Man is a great sci fi movie. I saw this a few months back and loved it. I like Charlton Heston especially in Planet of the Apes. Last weekend i saw that it was on but at 2:35 in the morning and fell asleep. If anybody can tell me where i could buy this it would be great.
Old Jun 26, 2000, 11:33 AM   #4
Kelly
n/a flights since
wonderful

Omega Man is a great film. I have watched it several times and it mirrors my own impression of the de-evolution of the world.

Can anyone quote the speech in which Neville is condemned by Matthias?

Kelly

http://members.aol.com/BMWBavaria/
Old Jul 3, 2000, 05:51 AM   #5
Jonathan Mathias
n/a flights since
Best film of all times

I think the omega man is one of the best apocalypse films ever it is no simple action then others it has a basic meaning! The important meaning is that this is or can strain in next years because the people are do things almost equal. The movie needs an second part I think where we can see that Dutch and his crew make all things same then the others before the chemical war.

Ths for attention

Jonathan Mathias
Old Dec 23, 2000, 08:15 AM   #6
Dave62197
Apprentice
1 flights since Dec 2000
Cool Matthias' Diatribe

Kelly,
If I recall the same scene you are thinking of, I think it went something like this:

Matthias: "One creature, caught. Caught in a place he cannot stir from in the dark, alone, outnumbered hundreds to one. Nothing to live for but his memories, nothing to live with but his gadgets, his cars, guns, gimmicks... and yet the whole family can't bring him down out of that... that..."

Zachery: "Honkey paradise, brother?"

Matthias: (replies to Zachery)"...and remember... the Family is one. But HIM... that THING... that creature of the wheel, that lord of the infernal engines, the machines!"

This is a great movie!

Dave
Dave62197 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2001, 10:14 PM   #7
threeofus96
Apprentice
2 flights since Jan 2001
Smile Rosalind Cash

Rosalind Cash, "Lisa" in The Omega Man, went on to do numerous films, and TV appearances throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's. She died on 10/31/95. The Omega Man was her big break. Read Heston's autobiography IN THE ARENA to learn more about this film, and Rosalind Cash.
threeofus96 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 07:22 PM   #8
CheatingBastard
Wing Commander
423 flights since Aug 2004

Excellent thread from a few years back. I had to revive this one.

Andy
CheatingBastard is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 07:50 PM   #9
Unregistered
n/a flights since

dude, u havnt even been here for but like 4 months...
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:05 AM   #10
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
dude, u havnt even been here for but like 4 months...
And you havn't even bothered to register, old timer. Now be nice
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:58 PM   #11
CheatingBastard
Wing Commander
423 flights since Aug 2004

thanks SF, not that I need to defend myself to 'unregistered' but I've been lurking around the board for a while. I just registered as Cheating Bastard in Aug.
CheatingBastard is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Omega Man, The (1971)