Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: Which Presidential Candidate do you support?
John Edwards 2 5.71%
John Kerry 11 31.43%
Howard Dean 2 5.71%
Dennis Kucinich 2 5.71%
Al Sharpton 2 5.71%
George Bush 13 37.14%
My Candidate Dropped Out (Gephardt, Lieberman, Mosley Braun, or Graham) 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 4, 2004, 03:47 PM   #61
mack
n/a flights since
an interesting article. . .

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...47377_2004apr3
Old Apr 4, 2004, 03:51 PM   #62
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: What Presidential Candidate do you support?

the man is so wobbly it is painful to watch. H\If he wins the election, I might shoot myself. (----YEAH RIGHT.)

But on another note----here's why condoleeza rice is an idiot:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=544&ncid=716
(but in case you dont want to read it: Condi says, "This is why I misstated. . .")

and why Colin Powell is still stupid, but smarter than her:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...46440_2004apr2
(but in case you dont want to read it: Powell says, "My statements were based on erroneous information supplied me by others. . . ")

now how come we all saw this day coming a mile off? I didnt Madame Cleo to read her tarot cards to tell me what was in the future . . . .I couldve prophesied. . .

DONT MIND ME. Its all just American frustration. . .

Last edited by mack : Apr 4, 2004 at 04:04 PM.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2004, 11:04 PM   #63
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Prividenie_
Late best US political quotes:

"Bring it on!" - Kerry

"what ever it takes.." - Bush
"George W. Bush is very vulnerable but not if you campaign the way the major candidates - except for Dean and Kucinich - are campaigning." - Nader
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 05:26 PM   #64
Cucumber Posse
Wing Commander
408 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Oogaphlub
Chippewa County is the County I live in.

And I started off as a volunteer.

But I've set up some programs to get more volunteers to the Edwards campaign and they promoted me.

No this isn't a school project, this is something I've done on my own.

And I didn't come here to rally voters. In particularly since most of you here are from foreign nations.

yeah... shut it up, you little fag...

If I remember correctly, you are like a few years younger than me, and I'm two years short of voting...

Why are people pointlessly political? You are clearly less mature than I left you. I assumed that you would have learned something by now, but holy crap man. You are still the little kid trying to push peoples buttons or rub them the right way so they will let you be on their side.

I remember when you begged me to stop picking on you because you had said something I didn't like and it pissed me off. I said some things that didn't pacify your whining, and you threatened to pull some strings...

"Look, I know Ramses' phone number, and I've got a calling card..."

you pansy...

"I'll get SF to get rid of you, he is the moderator of this thread..."

You were lame then, and you are lame now. You just suck,...and it is futile to deny this. This should be an apparent part of your life by now.

Nothing is more lame than pointless political bull****...

I have no idea why you waiste your time until you are eighteen...

Go home.

Go home.

GO HOME.

Peace out, others,

.The Poss.
Cucumber Posse is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 10:22 PM   #65
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cucumber Posse
I have no idea why you waiste your time until you are eighteen...
Before I lost all faith in the American political process, I used to register people to vote. I am not a US citizen. Even when one is unable to vote, one should be politically active in any way that they can. Voting is not the prerequesite for any sort of political activity, and it is by no means the most potent of political actions.
Old May 16, 2004, 10:35 PM   #66
mack
misanthrope

I agree w/you SF . *gasp* (can it be???)

There is no such thing as "pointlessly" political. Even if you are ineffective during one season, the more you know, the better equipped you are be effective in the future.
Old May 18, 2004, 10:53 PM   #67
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by SF_not_Sci-Fi
Before I lost all faith in the American political process, I used to register people to vote. I am not a US citizen. Even when one is unable to vote, one should be politically active in any way that they can. Voting is not the prerequesite for any sort of political activity, and it is by no means the most potent of political actions.

Surely you can become a citizen by now? I vote and talk to people occasionally, that's about it. People need to be more political. People used to be more political, but political correctness has put the real conversations in temporary hibernation.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 06:04 PM   #68
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

I've grown dispondent and downright sick of the political process. There was a time in the not-too-distant past when political debates were approched with intelligent dialogue. Now, the US seems full of this "If you don't support my guy you're an uneducated *****" nonsense. Our political differences are now described in lowest common denominator terms (like stupid, idiot, *****, etc.), as it quite evident here, which is one thing, but when major newspapers and networks are lowered to such rubbish, it's pretty pathetic. And it cuts both ways, though I've yet to hear a single debating point come out of the DNC beyond "Bush is an idiot," unless it be to on occasion say "Bush is an evil mastermind consipirator" and then expect us to believe both at the same time. Policial differences used to be met with respect from both sides, liberal or conservative, now they are met with cynicism and hate. See SF's poem on page two for some real, good old fashioned hate mongering at its best.

I really don't care who wins in Novemeber. Between judges who make laws instead of interpret laws and unconstitutional fillibusters and other low-brow tactics, it really doesn't matter anymore.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 06:24 PM   #69
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

That is exactly what happens when the media is controlled by profit-driven coprorations with strong ties to the government and the political process is dominated by those very same corporations.
Old May 19, 2004, 09:23 PM   #70
Evil Milk Man
Starfighter
105 flights since Mar 2002

Vote for Bush!

Evil Milk Man is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2004, 09:47 PM   #71
mack
misanthrope

Republicans are the party w/the age-old destruction machine. Simply because Democrats are no longer behind the 8ball, and can sling mud w/the best Republican (yeah, right!), all of a sudden, the bullies are crying foul. I think its funny, actually. All this time, naive Democrats have been coming to plate to discuss issues, and Republicans have turned politics into a personal crusade to demonize the Dems--by any low means necessary.

And Dems are the ones sinking to low debates??? Get rea. I dont even feel like naming the Rush Limbaugh's, the Dittoheads, etc. Republican's have a long history of party-bashing. And by god, they are good at what they do! And now, simply because Al Franken is speaking out (*snicker*), the Repubs are in an uproar: "you should not say such mean things about people. You are not honorable sir! To say such things decries nobility, thus, you are not noble! *feigned horror* (turns to the American people w/tears in their eyes) "Do you see what we have come to? *sniff* Do you see the dishonor? When has a Republican EVER said a harsh word about Democrats? You should vote for nobility. You should vote for Bush."

I watched most of the filibuster on CNN, and I HAD SO MUCH FUN laughing at the tantrums the Republicans threw. All because some 15% of their judges werent confirmed by the Democrats. Which SAME Democrats, mind you, confirmed some 70% of the Republican judges. (my figures are not correct, but are right as far as majority/minority). The same Republicans who threw these tantrums, are the very same ones who DID NOT confirm a majority of Democrat judges, and at one time, filibustered so that NO DEM JUDGE was confirmed AT ALL.

*snort* And they try to say a filibuster is illegal. I get it. Republicans can filibuster when they want, and when Dems do it, it is illegal. Sounds like a veeeeeeery familiar twisting of the law. . .
Old May 20, 2004, 07:11 AM   #72
mack
misanthrope

And the only thing Al Gore could be accused of in 2000 was being too clean and too bland. Oh. I forgot. He DID win the election. But when did truth ever matter over here?
Old May 20, 2004, 07:26 AM   #73
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Seeing as to how Bush thinks he can dispose of the globe at his will, I believe citizens from other nations should be allowed to vote on U.S. elections as well. After all, we're deciding on the "leader of the free world", aren't we? Someone who no matter what, will do a better job than Bush, and be taken more seriously.

Here's my candidate:

Vote Sexy Claus.

Oh, and to avoid getting in a ridicullous scandal like in the 2000 elections, here's how a proposal for new ballots:

Just write "Kerry" over "Gore" and you're all set. They should get it right even in Florida.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2004, 08:50 PM   #74
Evil Milk Man
Starfighter
105 flights since Mar 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
I watched most of the filibuster on CNN, and I HAD SO MUCH FUN laughing at the tantrums the Republicans threw.

You shouldn't watch that filth.. CNN is a liberally bias news station that distorts all media using liberally bias material. They won't show you all the bad stuff about the democrats. You should try to be more openminded toward the conservative republican views. Watch Fox News or the O'Riley Factor to get the full picture. Besides, Bush is the man.

Evil Milk Man is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2004, 11:15 PM   #75
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Milk Man
You shouldn't watch that filth.. CNN is a liberally bias news station that distorts all media using liberally bias material. They won't show you all the bad stuff about the democrats. You should try to be more openminded toward the conservative republican views. Watch Fox News or the O'Riley Factor to get the full picture. Besides, Bush is the man.

Youre kidding!? *snort* (although I do enjoy Scarborough County--or is it "country"? That man is a mess! )

As far as CNN being biased--please! I am constantly offended because they often allow the microphones system to disfunction in the middle of a Dem speech; they often NEVER put up the names of the speakers; they often pan over the audience for long periods of time, so that the speaker is rarely seen----and I could go on, but why?

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]