Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Apr 20, 2005, 05:13 PM   #1
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002
Unhappy Worst thing ever.

Liking a girl who has a boyfriend who's the jealous type. And hearing her talk about how much she thinks this one guy is attractive.

I swear, I hate it when a girl that I like starts rambling on about how much she thinks this other guy is good looking and attractive. Best way to destroy my self-esteem and make me go into a suicidal depression. Ever.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 08:30 AM   #2
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Worst thing ever.

Here, here (or is that hear, hear??). One more reminder that I'm not 6 foot, blond with a barrel chest and arms like tree trunks, and I'll scream.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 09:52 AM   #3
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Well, we can't all be blessed with good looks, can we?
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 11:18 AM   #4
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Splendiferous
Here, here (or is that hear, hear??).

There, there.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 03:49 PM   #5
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
Well, we can't all be blessed with good looks, can we?

*Shakes fist. Angrily.*

Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 03:54 PM   #6
Mattman187
Starfighter
111 flights since Jul 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Splendiferous
One more reminder that I'm not 6 foot, blond with a barrel chest and arms like tree trunks, and I'll scream.

I'm 6 foot, barrel chested, and blonde, and I still scare women away...

(Maybe it's the constant death threats...?)
Mattman187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 04:32 PM   #7
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Well, the other night, my two main friends (one of whom I happen to be madly in love with, but enough of that) were complementing me on my looks quite a bit (even though we were all drunk, I'm still counting it! ). Apparently the main fault is that I'm ''not manly or assertive enough.''

Bah!
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 07:58 PM   #8
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

It's sad really. I don't think I've ever met the right person in real life yet. On the internet, it's happened loads, but that's the internet, so...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 04:43 AM   #9
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002

Yeah, but even on the internet, although they seem like the right person, do you ever find yourself losing interest in them? I do, all the time. Wait, no I don't. Talking to them just sort of gets old. As, I'm sure, talking to me does, as well. Talking to people I KNOW in real life works really well online, though.

It's just that with people you meet online it never goes past being friends cos you need to know someone in real life for it to do so.
Drone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 08:00 PM   #10
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: [more advice available on request]

Quote:
Originally posted by narobi foss
just be a real man about the whole thing and beg her for sloppy seconds.

You always were blunt and to the point, werent you Foss?

Quote:
two main friends

The exact problem. Women are "friends" with men they want to keep at arms length. "Friends" dont make you tingle. "Friends" dont make you nervous. Hey, dont think Im bashing-- a friend is a great thing to be. I just dont lay awake nights wondering about my friends, unless its completely platonic.

A friend is safe.

Unless you are in that strange, antsy grey friend area where everyone is in denial about what they are really feeling, you can be confident that you are a "safe" man.

And Im not saying thats a bad thing. Im just sayin.
mack is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]