Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

All sci-fi movies which have too many fantasy elements/unexplained phenomenae to classify properly as science fiction.

Old Aug 20, 2005, 03:14 PM   #31
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Exclamation !!!!!!!!!!!S3 SPOILERS!!!!!!!

You know..and Im just theorizing here...maybe that's whats going on in S3 -- because at the end, he gets a strange warning NOT to try and stop ...(fate?)

Thing is, all this time, he's trying to save the world---and he discovers some pretty strange stuff (about himself). But if you are right about the original SK version, it seems as if the TV story has taken a different turn. Im beginning to think that in the TV version, they are trying show what would have happened had he lived...? Which makes for a very interesting story, because you wonder if he should have just died.

Maybe he will. Well see.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:42 AM   #32
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,103 flights since Jun 2004
Re: The Dead Zone

something i forgot before:

When Johnny tried to kill the man, He missed with his first two shots, and the man grabbed a little kid and was using him as a human shield. So johnny stopped him from taking command of the country, even though he died.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:40 PM   #33
mack
misanthrope

Problem is, if they recreate the same/similar ending, the entire show will end in S4. Seems like a waste to me.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 07:52 PM   #34
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

But if they go any farther, its just stupid, and not the same.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:26 PM   #35
mack
misanthrope

That would be better, I think. It would create a new DZ beyond the scope of what SK thought about. The only downside is that the writers may not have the vision to create something from nothing--only to "re" create a different version of existing brilliance.

What a flaw.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:30 PM   #36
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

I don't think they should attempt to take DZ beyond what Stephen King intended. Its his mind that came up with it, so its his vision. Thats as far as it was intended to go. If they try to take it farther...i don't see it being any good at all. But, then, i don't really see it as good now either.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 07:18 AM   #37
Sleeper
Wing Commander
318 flights since Mar 2003

I've only seen the TV show and keep wanting to get around to the Walken movie of it. Not entirely getting into the series. Was a little too distant in parts for me. The use of the cane/walking stick is putting me off. Not enough limping I say.
Sleeper is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 02:11 PM   #38
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

He is supposed to have a very heavy limp from the coma. The show just isn't doing stuff well.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 08:22 PM   #39
Sleeper
Wing Commander

And yet as I watch the kid from THE BREAKFAST CLUB as the guy from THE DEAD ZONE, I see no real heavy limp. More one that is there sometimes, and sometimes not so.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:59 PM   #40
mack
misanthrope

Yeah, his limp is WAY dodgy. Seriously. Sometimes I think he carries the cane. They need stricter standards in that area.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:41 PM   #41
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

He also needs to act more like he's slowly losing his mind.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 06:07 PM   #42
Edisonian
Recruit Pilot
13 flights since Sep 2005

Seems like there are too many shows with this sort of theme. How about some originality??
Edisonian is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 01:19 AM   #43
Sleeper
Wing Commander

The crop of all these supernatural shows is only something that will try and tip the scales out from those held down by the cops and doctors. At least there's some kind of other mass of genre getting a spin outside those two.

If they all die then that'll only mean more cops and docs for a long time before some network exec has the balls to try something diffferent again.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 07:48 PM   #44
mack
misanthrope

No, no, my friend. People these days are fascinated with the supernatural. And true to form---ALL types are fascinated: which is giving rise to all manner of "superpower people" shows, in many and varied forms. The Dead Zone has biblical references; Harry Potter has witchcraft. They have a number of "paranormal" talk shows, then other shows (X-file type thingy), and then you have your run-of-the-mill comic book characters.

A virtual feast of "otherworldly." And people are loving it. I think the fad has a few more years before it runs it course.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy