Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Jan 11, 2004, 06:22 PM   #1
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002
Zone of the Enders : Idolo 2167

Zone of the enders, to most people, this is just known as "the thing that came with the metal gear solid 2 demo" , but to those, who actually bought the game for well, the game, and not for the MGS 2 demo, you'll probably rember this as an action packed mech game, but at the end of the day, too short, well, this is the prequal to the game,

First off, before I decided to watch this, i was a little aprehensive, usually anything other than a sequal to a game, is complete trash,
But after the first couple of minuets of Z.O.E : Idolo, with the beautiful and fluid animation, I knew, that I was in for a treat,

Secondly, you need no prior knowledge of the Z.O.E universe, everything is explained for you, after all, in Japan this came with the game, when it first came out, and had to be easily accesable

The basic story is simple, Mars forces are developing a new type of Mech, an orbital frame, which will help them free themselves from the oppersive forces of earth,
and Two Lev pilots, are sent there to help test the Orbital frame,
the two are Radium, a young man, embitterd by the way Earth treats those not born on earth, and desires to free Mars from Earths grasp, And Viola ( yes THE Viola from the game), a young woman, also embitterd at Earth, and there control of mars, She also has a crush on Radium, and is slightly jealous of his girlfriend Doloreas,
and we go through the story of how the first Frame was tested, the side effects of it, and find out why Viola is so pissed off in the game,

verdict:
As both a prequal, an anime, and a lead on to the Game,
Zone of the enders delivers, a Brillant story, great and fluid animation, and more depth to the game,
my only complaint, that at 50 mins, it was too short.... just like the game,

9/10

I recomened this to anyone who likes Z.o.E, Animes, or giant robots beating each other up,
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 06:45 PM   #2
Gundam Mk II
Starfighter
50 flights since Dec 2003
Talking MOST CORRECT! WHOO HOO!

I did the same thing when it came to watching the anime. I bought the first game (enjoyed, but since I am not 10 years old -old man at 36- had a devil of a time playing! LOL!). I then saw the anime and had to give it a go.

I was REALLY into it to be sure... and being an anime fan for a looooong time, I'm REALLY picky (aint I all that?!? LOL!). I really liked the story and the conclusion. It had moments of "Happy Happy Joy Joy! The Martian's are going to Win! And THEN *BLAM* starts to get VERY dark indeed and go into some seriously fun strangeness.

And thus that one begat...

Z.O.E. Dolores, i. Now THIS, being a longer running series made for TV instead of a made to video OVA, had more depth the characters, more action and a definitely deeper storyline. Also... more mechs More Mechs MORE MECHS (we like da mecha!). I HIGHLY recommend checking it out if one has the time and the mind. It's a total of 6 DVDs with varying number of episodes per disk. I REALLY recommend it because it brings back the main character from Z.O.E. Idolo in a surprising twist!

Gundam Mk II is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:48 PM   #3
homeworldrelic
Starfighter
104 flights since May 2004
Post Re: Zone of the Enders : Idolo 2167

havent seen it yet or played the first Z.O.E but I own the second runner which is one of the greatest....well its a very good game i shouldnt say greatest.
homeworldrelic is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 02:29 PM   #4
Gundam Mk II
Starfighter
50 flights since Dec 2003
ZOE II - Game - Quite Good

I've rented it, and it's actually very good. Then again, I think that both games are to be sure. I liked how towards the end of Dolores I (anime) they incorporated some of the frames from ZOE II, and didn't really explain WHY they were there.... so I'm hopeful someone will pick the franchise and make a sequel.

Gundam Mk II is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 07:25 PM   #5
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002
Re: Zone of the Enders : Idolo 2167

Has anybody vere heard of The Jovian Chronicles? It's not a video game, but it's awsome.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum