Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:33 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans - A N D a potential Underworld 4? ? ?

Oh no!!! #2 was pretty horrible, but we seriously to believe that this series has enough juice left for 2 more movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comingsoon.net
The prequel story traces the origins of the centuries-old blood feud between the aristocratic vampires known as Death Dealers and their onetime slaves, the Lycans. In the Dark Ages, a young Lycan named Lucian (Sheen) emerges as a powerful leader who rallies the werewolves to rise up against Viktor (Nighy), the cruel vampire king who has enslaved them. Lucian is joined by his secret lover, Sonja (Mitra), in his battle against the Death Dealer army and his struggle for Lycan freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviewebs
Underworld 3: The Rise of the Lycans is being fast-tracked into production as a joint venture between Lakeshore Entertainment and Screen Gems. According to Variety, Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy and Rhona Mitra have already signed on to star in the film.

Patrick Tatopoulos, the F/X man responsible for creating the creates seen in the first two films, is on board to direct this third installment of the werewolves vs. vampires franchise. This one will be a prequel, focusing on the origins of the centuries old feud between the Death Dealers and their onetime slaves the Lycans.

"In the Dark Ages, a young Lycan named Lucian (Sheen) emerges as a powerful leader who rallies the werewolves to rise up against Viktor (Nighy), the cruel vampire king who has enslaved them. Lucian is joined by his secret lover, Sonja (Mitra), in his battle against the Death Dealer army and his struggle for Lycan freedom."

Danny McBride wrote the screenplay (but don't confuse him with the Danny McBride of The Heartbreak Kid and Hot Rod fame, this is a different Danny McBride). The film goes into production in January. Shooting will take place in Auckland, New Zealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mania
UNDERWORLD 4 Development Confirmed
By: Jarrod Sarafin, News Editor
Date: Sunday, January 13, 2008

There have been rumors that Kate Beckinsale and Wiseman having a busy scheduled prompted Lakeshore Entertainment to begin production on Underworld 3:Rise of the Lycans, an upcoming prequel to the series. Now, Lakeshore's head boss has confirmed the rumors to Collider, saying that the 4th film will be the next sequel in the group focusing on continuing the story of Beckinsale and Speedman's story.

"It's a theatrical release definitely," Rosenberg tells the site. "I feel great about that. I think it's the strongest story that we've put together of the three. I think it's really terrific. I think it leads to a 4th. When we did the 1st 'Underworld,' we imagined three - the 1st one, a sequel and then a prequel. The 3rd is a prequel, so the 4th would carry on where Kate and Scott Speedman left off after 2, so I think this is going to be terrific really this one."
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 10:39 PM   #2
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans - A N D a potential Underworld 4? ? ?

The war, the recession, the enviromental catastrophe - I can handle that. But this? For God's sake, this? No. This world is a cold, pitiless place, and any joy we wring from our time here is incidental. Because this is a world that could let Underworlds #3 and #4 come to pass.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies