Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]

Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest imagination.

View Poll Results: Which Transformers cartoon is best?
The original cartoons 11 78.57%
Beast Wars 3 21.43%
Transformers : Armada 0 0%
Other I may have missed 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 12, 2004, 09:22 AM   #16
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003
Re: Which Transformers cartoon series did you prefer?

My favorite is Beast Wars because one day I was channel surfing and came across the episode in which Dinobot dies. And I thought up to now the best cartoon episode ever was Bad Bob from Rebot you know the mad maxx themed one. But then I saw the episode in which Dinobot had to protect the humans from the Decepticons.

He got there frist saw what was happening and went ahead without backup. He fought all the Decepticons off at the cost of his own life. And he knew he was going to die after awhile, but he kept going because if he didn't know one else was there to stop them.

That episode also has my favorite cartoon line when Magatrane is making fun of him cause he is losing he says"Well Dinobot what is a warrior with out his weapons?" and Dinobot replies "A warrior still!" then he took a log smashed a rock throw it and made a primitive hammer and smashed throw Magatrons armor.

Also does any know how Beast Machines ended they didn't air how it end were I live. If someone could plz tell me I would really be greatful.
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2004, 07:40 PM   #17
Chikana
Wing Commander
307 flights since Mar 2002

Sure, but before I start I need to know what was the last episode you saw. Did you actually get to see ANY of the second season?
Chikana is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 04:01 AM   #18
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

Well, I have good news and Bad news.....

the good news, Amarda is ending......
the Bad, the story is continuing, with Transformers: Energon..... which will carry on where Amarda left off , from what i've read....

I'd be happier if they stopped all together, and they started again, this time, getting the long time fans to help out, and not just decide to do it on their own
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 01:23 PM   #19
broken tusk
Wing Commander

The last episode I saw of Beast Machines was were they found out Tankcore was Rhinox. So plz tell me what happen after that plz.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 05:15 PM   #20
Chikana
Wing Commander
Wow.....

....That's a LONG ways back! That was 3/4 of the way through the first season.

I would suggested going to www.bwtf.com. The fellow who runs that site has detailed episode reviews for Beast Wars, Beast Machines, several of the Japanese Transformers, and even Armada. The reviews include stills from the episode, questions asked about each episode, inside information and references, as well as how it ties in with the rest of the series. I honestly think you would get a better understanding of how the series ends if you visited his site. There is just so much that happens from then until the end that no matter how good an explaination I give, I would forget something terribly important that should never be forgotten!

When you get to his site, there will be news and updates in the center of the screen. On the left hand side are a list of all the shows he has reviewed episodes for, so just scroll down and click on "Beast Machines". Next click the triceratops symbol, that will take you to a page where you can choose first season or second season synopises. Click on the first and go from there.

Also, as I have mentioned before, Rhino Video is thinking about putting the Beast Machines series on DVD. Send them an email, if you want, and tell them you would like to see the series on DVD.

Old Jan 13, 2004, 09:00 PM   #21
Gundam Mk II
Starfighter
50 flights since Dec 2003
Thumbs up Gracias Chikana!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chikana
....That's a LONG ways back! That was 3/4 of the way through the first season.

I would suggested going to www.bwtf.com. The fellow who runs that site has detailed episode reviews for Beast Wars, Beast Machines, several of the Japanese Transformers, and even Armada. The reviews include stills from the episode, questions asked about each episode, inside information and references, as well as how it ties in with the rest of the series. I honestly think you would get a better understanding of how the series ends if you visited his site. There is just so much that happens from then until the end that no matter how good an explaination I give, I would forget something terribly important that should never be forgotten!

When you get to his site, there will be news and updates in the center of the screen. On the left hand side are a list of all the shows he has reviewed episodes for, so just scroll down and click on "Beast Machines". Next click the triceratops symbol, that will take you to a page where you can choose first season or second season synopises. Click on the first and go from there.

Also, as I have mentioned before, Rhino Video is thinking about putting the Beast Machines series on DVD. Send them an email, if you want, and tell them you would like to see the series on DVD.

And thank you for the link! I'll be checking it out and praying for more volumes on DVD!!!!!

Gundam Mk II is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 02:51 PM   #22
Sub-Plot
Pilot
24 flights since Oct 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob

Well, I have good news and Bad news.....

the good news, Amarda is ending......
the Bad, the story is continuing, with Transformers: Energon..... which will carry on where Amarda left off , from what i've read....

NOOOOOO!!!!! ARG!!!! WILL THE MADNESS NEVER END!!!!
Sub-Plot is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 03:16 PM   #23
broken tusk
Wing Commander

I haven't see Amarda yet what's so bad about it? And thanks Chikana for the website I'm catching up on all the episodes I've missed.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:41 PM   #24
Chikana
Wing Commander

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

As for Armada, you'll have to wait for Darth Bob to explain that one.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 04:53 AM   #25
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Chikana
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

As for Armada, you'll have to wait for Darth Bob to explain that one.

well here i am to explain,

amarda, ..... the hell that is amarda.....

the story is simple, a group of minature robots are packed onto a ship, and fired into deep space ( these being the Minicons, and the titular Amarda), eventually the ship crashes into earth, and the mini-cons get spread around the world,
then in 2010, a young boy finds one, which activates a signal that brings both the autobots and decpticons to earth, in a battle to collect all the mini-cons....

it's pokemon with Robots....

anyway, why is it bad? simple

first off, it disregards, all the transformers history, ALL of it, including the movie.... and subsequently the new one currently in production,

secondly, Megatrons head........ megatron, it's a trash/garbage can with claws.... no other series has ever changed megatrons head so drastically,

thirdly... it destroys the character of starscream, from constently plotting upsurper, with plans for leading the decepticons, and turns him into a weak character, who eventually changes sides,

fourthly.... the mini-cons, lock onto a transformer to unlock new powers...... while the idea is not entirely bad, it's poorly presented,

fifth........ since when did prime need a super form? plus he is also like megatron the worst variation to date,

sixth.... the kids.... THOSE DAMN KIDS! I want giant robot smashing action... not kids running around trying to find mini-cons to help the autobots....

I could go on all day,
but for all intense purposes, it's the sick disgusting love child, of Pokemon and the transformers...... with lack-luster animation, and poor plots...
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 01:29 PM   #26
Chikana
Wing Commander

Starscream as a good guy. (thinks about it) While it is completely against the original concept of Starscream I have to admit that as a young Transformers fan I did think Starscream would make a cool Autobot in that weird way Dinobot made a cool Maximal. Granted the alliance totally went against his nature and program, but that's what made him cool.

Still, Starscream just isn't Starscream if he's not a Decepticon trying to prove he's a great leader. I always wondered what the Decepticons would have been like under Starscream's leadership. I mean, he had some good ideas he was just misguided.

If you haven't guessed it by now, Starscream is my favorite.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 04:41 PM   #27
broken tusk
Wing Commander

Dear god! They messed it up that bad! How do they sleep at night. The idea of Starscream being good is just plane A$$inine. It's like they also put a touch of power rangers into it.

Thanks for the info Darth Bob. Also does anyone know much about the new Transformer movie? I can't find much about it on the net.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 11:29 PM   #28
Chikana
Wing Commander

The thread called "New Transformer Movie" has a few links to two news articles on the subject. When any of us find on-line info on the movie we'll usually post it there. Take a look around.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 04:09 AM   #29
ratzo
Apprentice
3 flights since Oct 2006

The movie site has a lot of info. There also should be a special trailer on the 20th anniversary dvd. I have seen tons of other youtubes with special content. Have you tried that search?
ratzo is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Transformers (1986, 2006) [movie series]