Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Matrix, The (1999) > Matrix Revolutions, The (2003)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Matrix Revolutions, The (2003)

Everything that has a beginning has an end.

View Poll Results: What did you think of The Matrix Revolutions?
The greatest movie ever! 1 5.88%
One of the greatest movies ever! 2 11.76%
Excellent, but not one of the best movies ever made. 1 5.88%
Good, but not great. 9 52.94%
Okay. 2 11.76%
Bad. 2 11.76%
One of the worst movies ever. 0 0%
THE WORST F*CKING MOVIE EVER MADE! WHO THE HELL THOUGHT OF MAKING THIS PIECE OF SH*T IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?! 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 30, 2003, 01:18 PM   #1
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002
Thumbs up The Matrix Revolutions

I really liked "The Matrix Revolutions". I even liked this more than "Reloaded". The first "Matrix" is still the best of the series, though.

The action scenes in this one are very good. The battle of Zion is extremely spectacular, and the Neo VS. Smith fight in the end is awesome.

The characters in this movie seem more human than they did in "Reloaded".

There were a couple of things that I did not like. First of all, what the heck is wrong with Morpheus? He just stood around the whole time and did nothing. Also, the ending was kind of cheesy.

Despite its faults, I enjoyed this movie a lot. In my opinion, "Revolutions" is a lot better than "Reloaded", but not as good as the first "Matrix", which, in my opinion, is the best of the series.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:54 AM   #2
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000
Re: The Matrix Revolutions

I mostly agree, but I look at ReLoaded and Revolutions as one big sequel. Having said that I think when you look at them together they are even better.

My only complaint would be that some of the fights in Reloaded were over-long.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2004, 10:09 PM   #3
Evil Milk Man
Starfighter
105 flights since Mar 2002

Over-long fights..? Are you kidding..? That's the whole idea. You just have to appreciate the longevity of each fight scene. It kinda shows how the people inside the Matrix are so better than people in any other movie. The scenes have to be longer to show the increase in the stamina and strength of the people.

And, come on, who doesn't like long kung-fu killer fights?

Evil Milk Man is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 02:55 PM   #4
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Liked the film, did not like the ending.

Was it a desire to keep the door open for more prequels or just a way to say that nothing ends, it only starts over. I mean, come on, the true end to these films would be the destruction of the machines, not just a so-called "end" to the war.

The attack on Zion was very cool.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2004, 03:52 PM   #5
Carnifex
Recruit Pilot
14 flights since Oct 2003

yeh,that war was badass!
Carnifex is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 06:08 AM   #6
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by HighWiredSith
Liked the film, did not like the ending.

Was it a desire to keep the door open for more prequels or just a way to say that nothing ends, it only starts over. I mean, come on, the true end to these films would be the destruction of the machines, not just a so-called "end" to the war.

The attack on Zion was very cool.

That's true. The ending does leave the door open for sequels. In part that could be accomplished with the Online game, but I doubt it will achieve much in terms of story line. Perhaps we'll see a sequel in the future.
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 07:06 AM   #7
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

I didn't like it. And my vote reflects that.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 04:34 PM   #8
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

You know, the first time I saw Revolutions, very late in its theatrical run, I departed with a mild distaste for this final installment. I thought it has some very good action scenes and was a good film right up until the climax which I considered a major letdown. I rented it on DVD a few months later and liked it even less.

My local discount retail outlet had it on sale this past Friday (biggest shopping day of the year) for 3.99. I picked it up along with a few other films I needed to upgrade from VHS to DVD and watched it a couple of times this past weekend, once on it’s own, and once right after watching Reloaded. The more I watch this film the more and more I like it. Certainly I caught all the Christ imagery and allusions on my first viewing but I didn’t really get what was really happening until my third or fourth viewing.

It seemed like an asinine assumption that the machines were going to keep their end of the bargain, really maintain the peace, but I can see now why. The fact that Neo sacrificed himself to destroy Smith seems to be the key. Neo went back into the Matrix for one purpose and it was not to beat Smith by fighting him. Only in defeat can victory be achieved (sound familiar). Neo knew he had to let Smith assimilate him and that through him the Overseer could destroy Smith. Neo also knew he would die in the process, but was willing to sacrifice himself to save Zion even though it would also save the machines. Smith was the variable in the equation that negated the power of the One. In order for Smith to die, The One had to die. The fact that he was willing to die had a profound affect on the machines, perhaps a lasting affect.

Having the humans destroy the machines was the obvious way to go but it was also the most simplistic. The entire theme of this series was action/reaction, cause and effect. Humans need machines but machines also need humans, neither can survive without the other.

Revolutions, when standing alone, certainly deserved much of the criticism it has endured but I suspect there was more reason to make these films together and release them only months apart than just to save money.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 01:24 PM   #9
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

I was one of the first to say that the first Matrix on itself was over rated. But I also think that now after Animatrix, Reloaded and Revolutions the entire series got a new dimension, and now I believe that the series itself is UNDER rated.

Reloaded and Revolutions were trashed by the majority because they couldn’t repeat the “wow” effect of the first visually. But the progress from the original movie is not visual but plot wise. Well at least that is my opinion.

The action is still too long for my taste but the story is there , underneath the obvious action, and it is quite deep and demanding . Regardless to what you may think after the first viewing, the material for a lot on analysis and conclusions is there.

I posted more about what I think about it in another thread.
Here.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 08:23 AM   #10
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

I alway get Reloaded and Revolutions mixed up, which is perhaps an oversight by the directors/writers: why couldn't they have had two distinguishable titles? but hey!

I quite enjoyed Revolutions (sans the end which was cheesy). This movie had the right mix of storyline & action. unlike Reloaded which was so far up its own ass in its philosophical, self-importance that I soon got bored with it.

The sfx in Revolutions were awesome and the Zion War scene totally mindblowing, although I must say I was disappointed with Morpheus: didn't do much apart from talk and talk and talk a bit more.

Overall, a good film 7/10: far more accessable than Reloaded but still enough to steel the original Matrix crown
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 07:49 AM   #11
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

I didn't vote due to the poor choices in the poll of comparing it to every movie ever.

But I believe as part of the Matrix series, when one has finally watched it enough times to fit it into context with the other two movies and actually understand what they just saw (and not just thought wow those were cool fights), then I think Revolutions (as well as Reloaded) fares quite well.

Because one thing to remember is that there are so many moving parts and variables involved in Reloaded and Revolutions. More so than the originial Matrix. Both I believe are more complicated than the Matrix, hence less people understand them and even less like them. I loved them myself. The first half of Revolutions is very intense in the amount of information you must process and piece together in the rest of the Matrix puzzle, that before you can watch the 2nd half of Revolutions and understand why Neo did what he did or how Smith is able to do what he did, some may have to pause the movie to think about it!

7.5/10
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Matrix, The (1999) > Matrix Revolutions, The (2003)