Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]

From "Faculty, The" to "Logan's Run"...

Old Mar 16, 2003, 09:44 PM   #1
jblase03
Recruit Pilot
10 flights since Mar 2003
Thumbs down Has anyone seen the movie guyver?

Has anyone seen the movie guyver.
It is a poorly made sciflick from the 80's.
It is hillarous.
It's only clame to fame is Mark Hamill.
And he is only in the movie breifly and turns into a giant coach roache and dies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guyver.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	653  
jblase03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2003, 01:26 AM   #2
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000
Re: Has anyone seen the movie guyver?

I 've seen it and I own it. It is a low budget flick in the spirit of power rangers but still slighty better. I bought it with a bounch of other low budget SF movies cheap.

One should never buy movies he hasn't seen before. I know that now, no matter how cheap they are.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 08:59 PM   #3
Gildamere
Wing Commander
192 flights since Dec 2002

I remember seeing a Guyver movie. I'm not sure wether it was the original or the sequel. Guyver is based on a japanese Manga/anime series called... who guessed it? Guyer - Dark Hero. It is a cheesy movie, but still there were some scenes in it which I liked. The cliff jumping/transforming scene just popped into my mind...
Gildamere is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 09:17 AM   #4
Tha Warrior
Pilot
26 flights since Feb 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Gildamere
I remember seeing a Guyver movie. I'm not sure wether it was the original or the sequel. Guyver is based on a japanese Manga/anime series called... who guessed it? Guyer - Dark Hero. It is a cheesy movie, but still there were some scenes in it which I liked. The cliff jumping/transforming scene just popped into my mind...

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally I have some people who have seen this film.

I thought it was amazing, especially the cliff jumping/transforming. It was immense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd 8/10 for it.

Tha Warrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2003, 01:44 PM   #5
Gildamere
Wing Commander
192 flights since Dec 2002

8/10? I wouldn't go that far, but still, it is not as bad as some people seem to think. It had its moments. Unfortunately they did not spend much money on costumes...
Gildamere is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 03:38 AM   #6
mactothefuture
Pilot
23 flights since Apr 2003

I saw it a few years ago on tv and thot it was good, but nowadays i would think it was crappy and unrealistic. One thing I did find entertaining is the large spikes that extend from his elbows. Although one must think a cheap rip off of Wolverine is going on.
mactothefuture is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 03:45 AM   #7
Tha Warrior
Pilot
26 flights since Feb 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by mactothefuture
I saw it a few years ago on tv and thot it was good, but nowadays i would think it was crappy and unrealistic. One thing I did find entertaining is the large spikes that extend from his elbows. Although one must think a cheap rip off of Wolverine is going on.

Yeh of course it wouldn't live up to anything now, it was made in the 80's an its now 2003!!!

Tha Warrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2003, 05:34 PM   #8
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003

Got both Live action movies.
Got the full set of anime OVA series.
Got the hellishly hard to find anime movie done by the Ranma 1/2
crew.
Got most of the manga
Got the Poser model

Get the idea I like this eh? heh-heh!

The first live action movie is pretty good really. Mark Hammil needed to be the villain Lisker though. He'd have been great
as Guyver 2. The suits are all good and the story is a bit off-
center but otherwise not overly campy. The final battle is impressive. I love the first true transformation in the warehouse.
The effect is remarkable.

The second movie shows a much larger budget and some really
good suit work here. The story plods along for the first half but once things get rolling its very entertaining. The background music is improved as well. This is one of the few movie sequels I have seen that was as good as or better than the original.

The OVA anime series loosly follows the manga and is well
animated and set forward. The dubbed version is good for once
and the series develops as it goes. Sadly it ends at about mid-point in the story and to date has not been finished or picked up by another company.

The anime movie is both familliar and diffrent at the same time.
The animation is a little older but still well done. There is a surprising twist to the story though and plays well.

The manga is very complex and convoluted and just grows and grows as the heroes dig deeper and deeper into the truth of the units and the zoanoids.

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2003, 07:10 PM   #9
amber0728
n/a flights since
sequels not needed

My biggest regret was that Mark Hamil avoided Sci Fi for years because he felt he'd been type cast - only to breakdown and do this pre-Power Rangers POWER RANGERS movie. He went and became a animation voice personality and does a great job as the Joker. I wish him the best and a quick end to this series.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 03:16 PM   #10
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Thumbs up Greatest Film EVER

You know it's true !!!
Old Aug 20, 2003, 03:18 PM   #11
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

guyver 1 and 2 a pretty decent movies, I enjoyed em.
King is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2003, 03:33 PM   #12
Unicron
Sector Marshall
653 flights since Jul 2003

i think they are good movies for there time period.

Unicron is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]