Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Timeline (2003)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Timeline (2003)

They had to travel into the past to save the future.

Old Mar 29, 2004, 05:35 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
So Was it good, or what?

Show me your review skills. Break it down without ruining the plot for me.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: So Was it good, or what?

Ok, in three simple sentences.

The book was bad.

The movie was worse.

Save your money on both instances.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 02:49 PM   #3
merlin
Sector Marshall
684 flights since Apr 2004

a guy is found on a highway dressed in medieval clothes when hes rushed to hospital he dies from strange wounds.

Cut to a team of archeologists working on a dig led by scottish funny man billy connolly who tells his son hes going away to help with some research.

Anyway while hes away the team unearth an underground cavern where they find the professors glasses and a note dating back to medieval times, so with that in hand they goto the place where hes supposedly doing research and find that in fact hes gone back in time and they need his son and team to get him back....

The story was written by michael creighton of jurassic park andromeda fame and is very good and worth a watch enjoy........
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 03:01 PM   #4
mack
misanthrope

Well. I told you how I felt about this movie In What was the last movie you watched? thread. But let me bash here, just for posterity.

Lest you be confused, let me point a few initial facts:

1) I like Billy Connolly.
2) I like Paul Walker.
3) I like Gerald (Marek's character). . but then, Im partial to bearded shoulder length hair having, rock bodies. . .but I digress off subject.

Now. Onward to its faults:

1) Paul Walker spoke unaccented English, yet his father was Scottish? But another movie watcher pointed out to me that perhaps, for sake of the movie, Walker was supposed to have lived in America and lost the accent. Fine.
2) Why the needless death of the men? Explain to me how MARINES die first, especially when they KNOW the lay of the land, went back in time several times, and STILL are unable to properly protect themselves from men on horses with swords?? Unreal!
3) The Gratuitous, unexplained tampering with history. They didnt even make like it was wrong to do. Sir "de Kere" (WIlliam Decker), just completely ruined history. But then, this movie did a terrible job setting up the "Timeline," if you'll forgive my pun.
4) How do/did the owner of ITC expect to explain multiple disappearances??? That part was unreal. He was supposed to be this big company mogul, but he lacked finesse, and the plot lacked it for him. Be for real.
5) How come they couldnt simply use the Time/transfer thingie in NYC--they said they had one! Unless, as someone kindly pointed out, the NYC time/transfer wasnt locked to the same wormhole. . . I am still dubious. .
6) How come Marek's staying in the past did not SCREW IT UP, but only made it happen as it did? Unforgivable failure to properly explain that portion of the film.

All in all, it was eye candy, but a poor plot line. I would only watch again with someone who hasnt seen it, and only if there is not another film that I can watch.
Old May 4, 2004, 03:07 PM   #5
merlin
Sector Marshall

ok i can take a hint lol
Old May 4, 2004, 03:09 PM   #6
mack
misanthrope

hey---Im not bashing you or anything! <-----see, I used a smiley to prove it. if you liked it, you liked it.
Old May 13, 2004, 02:53 PM   #7
merlin
Sector Marshall

Did you notice the scottish guy was also in Reign of Fire?
Old May 13, 2004, 05:06 PM   #8
mack
misanthrope

Oh absolutely! He is really coming up the ranks in Hollywood. New blood and all that good stuff. The one thing I dont like that he does, is further mess up his accent> I mean, he already HAS an accent, which came out in Reign of Fire, but in Timeline, he went overboard trying to shove it down our throats. I mean, not necessary---we HEAR you!!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 05:56 PM   #9
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,026 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

I liked it, tho the book was better as usual.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 05:25 AM   #10
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Oh, it was awful! The awfulness of the film cannot be expressed in mere words!

<<Plays a violin badly, scrapes his fingers down a chalkboard and plays the greatest hits of Daniel O'Donnell>>

And that's just a FRACTION of how it feels to watch this film. Billy Conolly is great and he's proved he can act - what's he doing in this??
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 04:14 PM   #11
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Hang on Billy Connolley is in this?!
Quote:
Originally posted by merlin
a guy is found on a highway dressed in medieval clothes when hes rushed to hospital he dies from strange wounds.

Cut to a team of archeologists working on a dig led by scottish funny man billy connolly who tells his son hes going away to help with some research.

Anyway while hes away the team unearth an underground cavern where they find the professors glasses and a note dating back to medieval times, so with that in hand they goto the place where hes supposedly doing research and find that in fact hes gone back in time and they need his son and team to get him back....

The story was written by michael creighton of jurassic park andromeda fame and is very good and worth a watch enjoy........
Oooh!! I remeber seeing a trailer for this yonks ago....er I really wanted to see it (and the plot just had the same effect on me). Come on people! It's going back in time

(Thank you for reminding me about this)
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Timeline (2003)