Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

With great power comes great responsibility. | I guide

Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:29 AM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Spidey 3 vs. 4 Baddies - R U Kidding Me?

Quote:
Four Spider-Man 3 Villains!
Source: websguy June 1, 2006
Lifted from WWW.SuperHeroHype.Com

Former Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad may have let a big one out of the bag when talking to IFMagazine.com. He says there are four villains in Spider-Man 3!

iF: There are four villains this time, Venom, Sandman, and Green Goblin and when is the fourth going to be revealed?

ARAD: Right we have four villains. Pretty soon [we'll reveal the fourth villain] I believe. Maybe around Comic Con we'll reveal something and the madness will begin.

The full interview is available at the link above. The third installment hits theaters on May 4, 2007.

Are you kidding me? Four?
So we know that Topher Grace is Venom.
We know that Thomas Hayden Church is Sandman.
And it's a good guess that James Franco (Harry) will be Green Goblin v.2
Any guesses on the fourth?
My money is on Dr. Curtis Conners aka The Lizard, since he's already made a cameo in the second film.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:59 PM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Spidey 3 vs. 4 Baddies - R U Kidding Me?

I'm not sure how that could work - I hope the film is longer than 90 minutes, otherwise it'd be a mess like X3: The Last Stand. Anyway, I'm still looking forward to it - this comic book series is brilliant, in my opinion, and has yet to let me down. I still consider Spidey 2 to be the best comic book film out there. I hope Bruce Campbell gets another memorable cameo.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:44 PM   #3
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

I almost posted the fact that a good longshot guess for villian #4 would be a role portrayed by Bruce Campbell, maybe Scorpion or Electro. With Campbell's two cameo's in 1 and 2, I half expected him to emerge with a prominant role in the third film. He was rumored to be an early frontrunner for Doc Ock in 2.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:25 AM   #4
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

That'd be quite fun to see, Bruce Campbell in bad guy mode. Er, as long as he doesn't go quite so over the top as he's capable of(Bad Ash, anyone? ).
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 01:09 AM   #5
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Wow FOUR villains?

I was hoping that they would save Harry for the last Spider-Man movie in order to make it the epic battle of Peter v. Harry that I think it should be.

But either way the Green Goblin v.2 obviously has to be Harry. The other 3 I could care less about. I've wanted to see Peter v. Harry for a long time!
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:12 AM   #6
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

Have mentioned this to friends - BIG comic readers - and they reckon that the fourth villain could be Mysterio - guy with a glass dome over his head and a cape.

So Bruce Campbell with his head in a goldfish bowl?

But then, they were also saying King Pin a lot - it was hard to keep up with the comics talk
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:26 AM   #7
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

I wish I had friends that read comics.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:53 AM   #8
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Nexus
I wish I had friends that read comics.
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Try being a girl.

There has been some speculation that Venom/Sandman may not be what or who we think they are - the strongest speculation being that Venom is just Spidey gone 'dark' with a lot of red herrings.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:37 AM   #9
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

So ... possibly no Venom? Shame, though it would make the plot more manageable. When you keep adding bad guys to bad guys, you end up with Batman And Robin
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:22 PM   #10
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

I thought Venom was confirmed to be in the movie here...

I could be wrong. But I think Batman and Robin was a bit too cheesy, but not a TOTAL loss.

The 4 villains may be overkill. And I find it especially unfortunate that Harry as the Green Goblin (though probably the main villain, or so I would hope) will have to share the screen with 3 others.

I believe that Harry v. Peter should be the last movie in the Spiderman series.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 02:50 PM   #11
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Quote:
Originally posted by Splendiferous
Have mentioned this to friends - BIG comic readers - and they reckon that the fourth villain could be Mysterio - guy with a glass dome over his head and a cape.

So Bruce Campbell with his head in a goldfish bowl?

But then, they were also saying King Pin a lot - it was hard to keep up with the comics talk

I thought Kingpin was Daredevil's nemsis? Don't ever recall him showing up in the comics when I read them. Of course my 6-7 years following the series' was only a drop in the bucket.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:35 PM   #12
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

From what I'm told, because Spiderman and Daredevil both share the same Marvel universe, Kingpin's appeared in both - apparently in Spiderman first, and later to become DD's nemesis.

Come to think of it, I've read a Kevin Smith penned Daredevil graphic novel (with foreward by Ben Affleck - before the film was even made!) where a Spiderman villain started messing with DD's life/head. So it seems their villains are interchangeable after all

Of course, not sure whether Daredevil and Spiderman films fall under different studios, so the inclusion of Kingpin may not even be legally possible.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:46 PM   #13
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

That's right, Daredevil showed up quite often in the Spidey comics - second only to The Punisher.

Remember Power Man and Iron Fist -a sort of dynamic superhero duo. They showed up in Spidey's world quite often too. I always figured they were a gay couple. Iron Fist was very effiminate acting.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:51 PM   #14
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

My friends are also enthused about someone called Rhino and hoping he'll be in the film.

My friends go weak at the knees and start talking in tongues when you say 'Marvel' to them
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:56 PM   #15
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Rhino was a rip-off of Juggernaut...or vice-versa. Anyway, they were virtually identical characters. Since Juggernaut showed up in X-Men The Last Stand I'm guessing Rhino won't be in Spider-Man 3.

Sub question - why do you think they keep naming the movies Spider-Man with the hyphen and not Spiderman like all the comics/cartoons/games/etc.?

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]