Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:10 AM   #76
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Series)

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
This was the Halloween episode also called Halloween. They all rent fancy dress costumes and turn into their 'characters' most memorable for Willow being a ghost (constantly bumping into Oz throughout), Xander a Soilder & Buffy screaming like a girl (again ).

I love that episode. Bought Angel: Season Three recently, so I've been in a big Buffy mood this week.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 07:14 PM   #77
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Ah Season 3... I love it so much I accidentally bought it twice, and then got a third copy in the boxset. The overall arc lacks the intensity of Season 2 up until the very end, but it was far more consistent than S2 and there wasn't another season as good. And it was the best line up the show ever had. Willow was still thoroughly likeable, Xander was useful, Buffy was troubled but not Woe-Is-Me, and the gang still had Angel and Cordelia. And then, of course, there was Faith, although I'd have to say that Faith's best episodes were her S4 two parter.

And, like a fine wine, it improved with age. Having seen what comes after, the fragmentation of the group and the different tack the later seasons take, the end days of Highschool stuff is a lot more touching. Sniff.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:56 PM   #78
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

Yeah, 'cept it's Angel: Season Three. It's just the fact that it's part of the Buffyverse that has put me in a big Buffy mood this week.

But yes, Season Three of Buffy was brilliant. While Season Two had flaws (Bad Eggs, ackh!), when it was good, it was immensely powerful at times (Innocence! Passion! Becoming!). But yes, Season Three had less flaws. I really don't think there is a bad episode. When you re-watch that season on DVD, it's surprising how few episodes Faith is actually in because you seem to remember her being in a lot more. The last time I watched it, I started to notice little hints - such as the "I think I'm kinda gay" bit in Dopplegangland.

I've now finished the third season of Angel and I think it's my favourite. That fourth or fifth disc, with the Wesley sub-plot, is what makes it so great, in my opinion. The last scene in Forgiving is incredible.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 04:50 PM   #79
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Both Buffy & Angel s3 are both brilliant from a line up & consistancey perspective, s4s are ick and are you kidding me? respectively.

Hmmm I just realised what my 2nd/3rd new job pay cheque is goin on... (so forgot I don't have the shiny new ultimate super duper collections).
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:10 PM   #80
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

I didn't mind Buffy S4.

Hehe, just remembered my favourite Xander quote ever - "OOOH, JELLO!!!" Was giggling insanely a whole two minutes after that. I think the delivery was quite unintentional because it makes Xander seem even sillier. I cannot believe he'd get that over-excited about...jelly...
Old May 16, 2006, 10:47 PM   #81
redfieldteam
Apprentice
3 flights since Apr 2006

did anyone ever pick up that full disc set they released with extra footage. Just wondering if the extra footage was any good.

I'm a big fan of the show...
redfieldteam is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 02:42 PM   #82
Seraph

I was after the complete set, but been holding myself back on account of how expensive it is - didn't even realise it had extra goodness.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:09 AM   #83
Seraph

Ok who told me the ending of Angel was ballsed up because they rushed it due to cancelation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fury
The really cool thing about Season 6, we knew how Season 5 was going to end very early on and we knew what it was going to launch into with Season 6, which was a post-apocalyptic show [and] which I thought was going to be great. It was going to be Angel in The Road Warrior, which I thought would be awesome. In the ruined city of LA or out in the desert or something, it was just going to be kind of a really cool, different, show. Bringing Seth into it? I could see that.

The basic idea was to discover who the architects of the apocalypse were and then were going to do this Godfather-like massacre where all of our characters were going to go killing each of them, and the last beat of the episode would be Angel and whoever was left of his crew about to launch into the apocalypse. You know, "Let's go, let's move…whatever."

My thought on that is, that's the perfect way to end the show. The point of Buffy was always girl power and showing that power. The point of Angel was always that the fight never ends. He'll always fight. It's an eternity of fighting. You can't ever win but the fight is worth fighting. That was a perfect 'going out' scene - you know, the Butch Cassidy/Sundance Kid sort of we're going up against impossible odds and probably die? That's the perfect way to end the series, and anybody who says otherwise is dumb.

Any proper resolution of, "Oh, we've defeated the demons, they've gone back to hell, let's get a beer," just would have been absolutely wrong for that show.
http://www.mikejozic.com/buffyweek6.html

How on earth would they have been able to afford a Post-apoc LA? Not to mention screwing with the whole, no more reality as everyone knows demons really do hide under your bed.

Funnily enough, another thing I never knew was that ratings and critques were up to.

(Yes I'm re-experiencing Angel love courtesy of Sci-fi)
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:25 PM   #84
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

It's interesting that they mentioned The Godfather because the scene where Lorne shoots Lindsey instantly reminded me of it. Especially with the cool-ass gangster trenchcoat.

It does make you wonder how they would afford that kind of season. Actually, one of the reasons why it was cancelled was because not only weren't the ratings high enough, but it was an outrageously expensive show whose ratings weren't high anough. The reason why they went back to the monster of the week style in the fifth seasons was because most people just didn't like those massive story arcs (too hard to follow for the average viewer).
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:46 PM   #85
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Why the hell is this in the Sf movie galleria?
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 04:10 PM   #86
Seraph

Because no one's moved it. Kinda like Night Watch (a thousand other films in Upcoming/et al) and tv series like Quantum Leap. Should be in Off World/snazzy new borderline forum we're supposed to be getting.

Nex: Obviously the mafia thing is heavily portrayed (specially with his showmanship style, Vegas etc), but I never did click straight onto that.

Actually re ratings/cancellation etc. It appeared to be more politics than anything (read the link), being as it was later admitted to be a mistake by the new chief.

I was sort of disappointed with the ending, as we found a bunch of "archetects" from no where who were suddenly this council and dispatched with little fuss - though the important character parts were there. Still would have been nice to go to the Wolf Ram Heart - second thoughts any 'reveal' may have been a tad unnecessary. At the lest some closure with the white room, would have been nice though instead of offing another bunch of new demons.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:23 AM   #87
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill_valentine
I hung on through the "MEN ARE EEEEEVILLLLLLLL!" Season 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill_valentine
... Aaaand in the meantime, sets out to...mock organised religion (In particular monotheism)

Can you expand on these points please?

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]