Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]

Welcome to the 23rd Century. The perfect world of total pleasure. ...there's just one catch. | original guide

Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:36 PM   #1
Jet
Recruit Pilot
12 flights since Sep 2004
Angry Remake! Bombs Away!

No! Negative! Nope! and Forget it! For the love of god do not remake Logans Run! I will bet you anything that the money for this movie will all be spent on the improvement of the FX from the Original, not that they have anyplace to go but up, and nothing will be spent on storyline and acting. What you will have at best is a dazziling display of computer generated graphics and a bunch of actors trying to emulate the original actors. Even if you get big name stars, it will not be enough to do justice to the original. Look folks, remakes allmost never outdo or even live up to the original. Outstanding special effects are not enough to sustain a remake of a classic, exspecially one like Logans Run. Besides the crapy, by todays standards, special effects and melodramatic acting of Logans Run is part of its charm. Hey, despite its cheese, it is still a thought provoking and entertaining movie. But people, please, let us learn from the past. Every time a big buget studio remake of a classic sci-fi movie or tv show is done, it leaves nothing but a steamy pile of meadow muffins in its wake. Case in point remember the following disaterous remakes? Lost in space, Planet of the apes, He-man, All of the odd numbered Star Treks, Just to name a few. I would like to suggest to hollywood, that instead of trying to squeeze the life out of your past successes just to make a fast buck, why not take out a dictionary and look up a word that none of you Hollywood studio schmucks seem to have ever heard of. The word is called "Originality". Look it up!
Jet is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:05 PM   #2
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: Remake! Bombs Away!

I don't know. I really liked the original film and yet it's severly dated. I think the story line would do well with a modern treatment. To 99% of the world, this is an outdated, hokey sci-fi film from the days before real special effects. It's hard to convince people this film was made after Star Wars.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 07:53 PM   #3
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Talking My Reply

How about a little wager? I will bet you anything in the world that the remake of Logan's Run will get poor box office returns and even poorer reviews. To go a step further, I will wager that most of the reviews will lambaste the film. They will say things like "Bigger Budget does not mean better film making", or something to that effect. Place your bets!
Old Jan 6, 2005, 04:00 AM   #4
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

99.9% of the time I hate movies with crappy special effects. I know, I was shallow, but not anymore. After being extremely bored one day and shoving in the video of Logans Run that my mother got for me from the op shop I fell in love with it. I don't particuarly want it to be remade, although watching a new one would be interesting. Logans Run changed my perspective on puppetry though.
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:22 AM   #5
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

Quote:
Originally posted by HighWiredSith
I don't know. I really liked the original film and yet it's severly dated. I think the story line would do well with a modern treatment. To 99% of the world, this is an outdated, hokey sci-fi film from the days before real special effects. It's hard to convince people this film was made after Star Wars.

I tend to agree here. Im not a fan of a lot of hollywood remakes; but there are exceptions, for which LR is but one. I think the remake will surprise a few people, given the quality of people on board looking after the script. And just so long as the studio doesn't have its own agenda on how the film should read then I think we might be in a for a treat
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]