Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]

Welcome to the 23rd Century. The perfect world of total pleasure. ...there's just one catch. | original guide

Old Jan 3, 2004, 03:07 PM   #31
Gundam Mk II
Starfighter
50 flights since Dec 2003
Thumbs up Definitely a Movie to See

Heya Sith and everyone else!

I'm glad I found this forum! I love this movie... albeit it has some hinky parts to it to be sure. Especially since it made it to Network Air a LONG time ago and was hacked to bits.

As to Box, in the movie... Roscoe Lee Brown does a great number as his voice and providing the face for it under that foil mask! Still, there were scenes that were cut that still have yet to be put back in on any release I have seen (although, since it's hit the $5 rack at Walmart on DVD, I seriously doubt Criterion or the like will get around to it! AUGH!).

Accepting death (renewal) at 30, as opposed to 21 in the book was an interesting premise to be sure as far as population control went. I do agree that there were things which would have helped the movie, like go back and give some background on the "Little War" that brought the youth of the world into control and all that.

And someone has posted a "What Would They Do" item... and they are right. These people are totally hedonistic (Ghod love 'em!) and the idea of having to "grow" food or fend for themselves is totally wrong.

There is a rumor that William F. Nolan is working on a remake of the movie based almost entirely on the book itself. I would KILL to see that happen since I still have my fifth generation copy of the book (Kudos to suggesting EBAY to that poster... it's where I found mine a long time ago) as there were elements in it which I think would make a great movie in this time that they simply couldn't do back then. Probably for both technological and politically correct reasons.

Either way... while I don't own a sandman uniform or wear a gauze kaftan around the house on my day off... I still like both the movie and book, and enjoy them from time to time.

Have a good one all!
Gundam Mk II is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 03:42 PM   #32
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: Is it possible to like this movie and use English coherently?

As far as a remake - I hear it's a definite go with Bryan Singer at the helm, writing and eventually directing (before or after X-Men III I know not), and this in today, Singer is hoping to cast Matt Damon in the lead role.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 07:58 PM   #33
Gundam Mk II
Starfighter
50 flights since Dec 2003
Exclamation WHOO HOO! I'm Glad it's a Go!

Although since the first one took about 7 years to get it's arse around to the theaters... I sincerely hope I'm able to go and see it! LOL!

Gundam Mk II is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2004, 06:07 AM   #34
Gul
Starfighter
122 flights since Dec 2003

its pure scifi cult and an excellant film

the sex shop bit was abit corny

but I wasn't complaining about jenny's outfit...mmmm
Gul is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2004, 01:13 AM   #35
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Anderson

Thanks! By the way, this movie is NOT on my worst-movie list... I'd rather watch it TEN times than have to sit through "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead" ONCE (again).
HAHAHAHA! Yeah, I saw that when I was babysitting last Thursday, lol. I definitely agree with you on ALL aspects of your first post, though I quite like it, no matter how crappily it was made. Im just saying thank the godess that theres a remake coming
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]