Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]

Welcome to the 23rd Century. The perfect world of total pleasure. ...there's just one catch. | original guide

Old Jul 23, 2000, 12:44 PM   #1
Strontium
n/a flights since
Re: New movie?

Ok, here might be a real dumb question, but does anybody know if it is true they are ether making a remake of Logan's run (tragic if they do), or a follow up movie?
Old Jul 25, 2000, 02:56 PM   #2
Ballard
n/a flights since
Smile Re: New movie?

Yes, Joel Silver (Matrix) is producing a new Logan's Run for Warner Bros. The screen play is supposedly being written by Skip Woods, who is reported to also direct it.

Warmest Regards,
Ballard
Sanctuary
Old Jun 27, 2001, 02:56 PM   #3
photoweborama
Pilot
37 flights since Jun 2001
Thumbs down TV Series

They did try to make a series, but it was REALLY bad.
photoweborama is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2001, 03:00 AM   #4
Jasoco
Pilot
24 flights since Aug 2001

What was it called? "Logan's Still Running?"

Last edited by Jasoco : Aug 13, 2001 at 03:06 AM.
Jasoco is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2001, 10:50 AM   #5
photoweborama
Pilot
37 flights since Jun 2001
Re: What was it called

Or better yet, "Logan Ran (and did not come back)"
photoweborama is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2002, 05:19 PM   #6
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Thumbs down they cant do that

I hope seriously they not remake it. It wont b the same. Let it b a historical film thats quite remarkable 4 that decade
Old Apr 4, 2002, 01:32 PM   #7
rowan_hawthorn
Recruit Pilot
10 flights since Apr 2002
Remake

There was a rumor going around that both a sequel AND a theme park based on The City had been planned soon after LR first came out, but the TV show was so pathetic it buried both of them. Don't really know if it's factual, but feasible, anyway.
rowan_hawthorn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2002, 02:15 PM   #8
Ender
Wing Commander
305 flights since Apr 2002
Exclamation Also hope they dont remake

What can they remake of it? the storyline? i dont think so. obviously they would jazz up the city, and make box beliveble or change him alltogether, but what new msg could come out? The movie is delightful _because_ its effects are so strived, yet not done in B-movie style.
just leave it alone i say!!
Ender is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2002, 10:50 PM   #9
cabalcomb
Knight of Honor
309 flights since Jan 2001
A remake should follow the book more.

If there is a remake it could stick more closely to the book. The were several differences between the book and the movie. First of all in the movie people may live until age 30. In the book people may only live until age 21. Francis is a very different character in the book, this becomes especially clear at the end of the book. The book mentions a legend of a man whose crystal does not change and has lived more than one life time. In the movie the dome city crumbles in chaos. This does not happened in the book. In the movie Logan never finds "Santuary". The book ends with Logan leaving toward "Santuary". A remake could follow the book more closely. That would be worth seeing.
cabalcomb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2002, 02:20 AM   #10
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Unhappy book

hmmm. now i gotta go get the book. i read most books based on movies and vice versa but this one i missed.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 02:25 AM   #11
Ender
Wing Commander
305 flights since Apr 2002
Unhappy Re: New movie?

that ^ , was me
Ender is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2002, 07:38 AM   #12
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

I hate remakes. Really hoping that they find something else to do than destroy classics.
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2002, 10:52 PM   #13
cabalcomb
Knight of Honor
309 flights since Jan 2001

Normally I agree with you remakes are seldom good. However, a remake of "Logan's Run" that more closely follows the book could be better than the 1976 film of "Logan's Run". "Logan's Run" is a good film, but it is not as good as it could have been. The ending of the film was very weak, even though the first half of the film was quite good. The film would have been worse if it did not have an actor as good as Michael York in it. I think with the proper script, a good director and cast a remake of "Logan's Run" has the potential of being very good.
cabalcomb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2002, 03:04 AM   #14
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

A proper script... That's very rare thing.
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2002, 10:02 PM   #15
Unregistered
n/a flights since

A remake based on the book would ROCK. The city concept is too small. Once outside the city, you're basically free. In the book, the whole PLANET is in on the brainwashing, making for a hopeless situation. That they succeed makes for an awesome story.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Logan's Run (1976, 2007) [original and upcoming re-adaptation]