Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Sep 18, 2005, 08:59 AM   #61
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Lost- you are watching it right?

3 days untill the new season starts here!!! ABC knows what to give me for my birthday

I hope we see then start to decend into the hole! Maybe see who the next spy among them is.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 06:54 PM   #62
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Splendiferous

Wow, I thought you were being sarcastic earlier, didn't think I was actually right! If it's any consolation, I'm a big stupid fool for freckles too.

See, and hear I thought you were just very in tune with my tastes.

I think my freckle thing is a wierd offshoot of my overwhelming pasty-facedness.

Anyhoo, last night we saw the final Kateisode of season 1 and the first part of the last episode. I've come to four important conclusions.

1) Poor Kate.

2) That Kate is a tricksy weasel.

3) Poor Kate.

4) The Federal Marshall deserved every single second of his shrapnel chested fun and more. There's doing your job, and then there's being a right git about it.

Am I totally alone in finding Locke more and more boring?
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 08:22 PM   #63
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

I like Locke so far. But then, I just finished the episode where he took Charlie's dope, and and they split the group (beach/cave).

I do think he is getting incredibly preachy, though. If they want him to be preachy fine, but at least go all the way. Right now he's just .....weird.

And I like him better before I knew he was a fake corporal. Still. Im keeping an open mind......

AND: I dont see what is the big deal about Kate. She's a tortured soul and they are playing it to death. I dont see what the problem is. So she cant commit. (big deal) So she did something. (big deal) She doesnt act like a hardened criminal, and couldnt even shoot a gun. Frankly, Im just kind of sick of the whole "Im so tortured/conflicted" angle that Id rather her be a hardcore criminal at this point.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 09:07 PM   #64
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Quote:
Originally posted by mack

AND: I dont see what is the big deal about Kate. She's a tortured soul and they are playing it to death. I dont see what the problem is. So she cant commit. (big deal) So she did something. (big deal) She doesnt act like a hardened criminal, and couldnt even shoot a gun. Frankly, Im just kind of sick of the whole "Im so tortured/conflicted" angle that Id rather her be a hardcore criminal at this point.

Heh. She's not wanted for Jaywalking, ya know...

She's a tricksy little weasel, our Kate. Now, granted I'm biased because I'm fond of the character, but she's been known to... downplay her less pleasant aspects when it suits her.

1x12: Whatever the Case May Be isn't a particularly strong episode, and there is some big, OTT melodrama right at the end, but it does cast her in a very different light to how she presents herself to the other Islanders. It's not quite on par with the twist in Locke's episode, but I did find myself consciously rewatching episodes to see what exactly she'd lied to us about.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 06:22 AM   #65
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Kate is beginning to bore me, yet Locke continues to fascinate me. Sorry.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 07:51 AM   #66
Sharky
Cluster Admiral
1,670 flights since Nov 2001

Locke, as they saye, does Rocke!
Sharky is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 12:55 PM   #67
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Pff. You boys and your crazy preachers...
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:26 PM   #68
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Sorry, my favourite is Charlie Locke is very cool, but I'm still convinced ... <<flogs a dead horse>> ... that he's secretly an evil, evil man. Who kicks puppies - and eats them!

I think the doctor-reluctant-hero is the boring character. I can't wait for a Sayid episode I think i've said that before ...

Tonight - the lowdown on Sawyer. Yaaay! Unfortunately I've got terrible reception on the kitchen tv, so I'll be more listening than watching...
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:32 PM   #69
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Sayid's episodes are great, but mortally depressing.

Jack's a bit dull at times, and his episodes are incredibly boring, but his interaction with Sawyer is always cool.

In a non-slash way.

It's just cool, 'cause Sawyer brings out the worst in him.

I do like Charlie, him and Claire are terribly sweet.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:41 PM   #70
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Shannon is by the far the worst character. There's a Booneisode, but apart from that, we learn hardly anything about her, let alone love her.

And yes, Charlie does rock!
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:45 PM   #71
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I also loathe Shannon, before the Booneisode, but even more afterwards. And she supplies one half of the least likely pairing in the universe, which just confuses and baffles me, and has me screaming at the heavens.

Anyway, I do find myself having sudden attacks of sympathy for Sawyer. And then he goes and spoils it all, by saying something stupid like...

Well, anything Sawyer would say really.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 07:06 PM   #72
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle

Tonights the big night! Season premiere!

Jill Locke gets overly preachy towards the middle of the season then he gets back into his true from during the season finale. I'm hoping to see his less preachy and more dark secretive side again in the new season.

Jack is dull becuase hes the main hero roll we've all seen before. He and sawyer are great together though.

Sayid... so damn cool....
Sharron... I dont know where you guys are and dont want to spoil sutff about her.

Damn you all for being so far behind! I dont know what i can and cant say!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:45 PM   #73
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

well. I got the next to dvd sets today, so Im rushing up right behind you tacky boy.

But I DO think

Shannon
Boone
Sayid<-------(BIG TIME!)
JIN<----------(BIG time!)

are interesting. Charlie? iffy. He's the cute/adorable/good little man that he is supposed to be. You need one "safe" man in every show, and he's it. Id hug 'em but I wouldnt give him "any" unless I was so smitten we were marrying - get me?

Sayid really intrigues me! (specially after the sawyer ep) Sawyer is supposed to be all intriguing but he BORED me BEFORE his episode, and now I just think he's pathetic. Too needy, and I thought that ever since the second episode. The most darling dimples, though!

EDIT: I really need to see the JIN episode, because I cant tell if I like him or hate him. I fluctuate between being enraged at him, and thinking he is a good husband. I cant make up my mind. Where did it all go wrong???
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:07 AM   #74
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle

Holy goood lord ABC just made sure any fan of the first season will never miss another episode. They just asked so many more questions. I cant wait for next week!
Old Sep 23, 2005, 03:47 PM   #75
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Hey - in Netflix it's been updated from Very Long Wait to just Long Wait...I'm so excited!!!
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum