Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Reading Room

Your quiet and comfy lounge to pick up a great book and discuss sci-fi literature.

Old Aug 29, 2006, 02:35 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
May I have a moment to gush?

http://www.kristinekathrynrusch.com./index.htm

Goodness! Is it me or is it me? This woman is like superwoman - she has written an innummerable amount of novels under no less than 5 names. MY god. I personall enjoy reading the standalone science fiction novels, and yes, you did mark the word "standalone" as opposed to scifi novels based on TV shows like Roswell, Star Trek, and their ilk, or novellas, or short stories, or anthologies, all of which seem to exist in proliferation in this woman's lengthy writing/editing history.

that having been said, lets review.

This chick has written:
Science Fiction (said standalone novels/concepts, tv show concepts, anthologies, short stories, novellas, yada, yada)
Romance - straight up and down romantic novels - this floored me when I saw them. Plain as day romance in the romance section, complete with pastel covers and flowers.
Horror - downright Anne Rice, Laurell K. Hamilton, Steven King-ish etc. work.
Mystery - First, a historical drama set in Hitler's era, and now, another historically dramatic series set in the racially charged American 1960s. Starring a black man!

Excuse me. Im just gushing about the sheer versatility of this woman. I know writers often attack other subjects under assumed names, and I've seen it done, its just that its incredibly rare for a writer to attack so many different genres with such enthusiasm and ability. Its almost like the woman was driven, or incredibly and successfully ambitious. Wow. [/gush]

Who do YOU want to gush about?
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: May I have a moment to gush?

I've liked the Star Wars book she wrote. Rusch that is.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room