Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Aug 25, 2005, 07:37 PM   #1
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Lost- you are watching it right?

...and have you checked out the great Channel 4 site?

http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...osites/L/lost/

Go to "Lost Untold", then "I'm New Here", then give 'em your name and email address in the incident report. My Flash Player has had a brain heammorrhage, and refuses to play past a certain point, but I'm assured it's cool. Anyway, they'll send you Blair Witch Style status reports about the characters, ie. a bulletin from Charlie's brother looking for him, a Wanted notice for Kate. It's very, very cool.

Plus, my love for Channel 4 continues - they've added the Lost cast to their celebrity question ads. Real, real odd to hear Naveen Andrews actual-not-at-all-Iraqi accent.

But they're still ****ing editing it.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 08:04 AM   #2
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004
Re: Lost- you are watching it right?

I don't watch Lost. Well didn't when it was on tv, then the series ended. now I still don't watch it
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:46 AM   #3
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

I'm totally into Lost, Love the episodes layout, mixing character backstory, and using that in part to advancing the main story

favourite character so far,

John Locke, gotta love that scar he's got, I WANT ONE
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 01:32 PM   #4
Wachesaw
Wing Commander
428 flights since Mar 2003

I had a scar like that once, only it wasn't exactly a scar.
The fat guy is still the best.
Wachesaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 03:14 PM   #5
Mattman187
Starfighter
111 flights since Jul 2003

Indeed he is, Wachesaw, indeed he is.
Mattman187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:19 AM   #6
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Wachesaw
I had a scar like that once, only it wasn't exactly a scar.
Care to explain? XD
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 02:46 PM   #7
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I'm torn between Kate and Hurley. I love Kate because she's smart and resourceful, and such a goddamned liar she even managed to dupe the audience on more than one occasion, and because even after we've been told she's 23,000 dollars worth of dangerous, I still always believe what she says. Stupid Gemma.

Hurley's terrific because for all Jack and Locke's posturing, he's the actual brains of the group. When something is wrong/ missing/ killing them, it's usually Hurley who starts fixing things while everybody else is angsting about their respective dramas.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 03:25 PM   #8
Wachesaw
Wing Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine
Hurley's terrific because for all Jack and Locke's posturing, he's the actual brains of the group. When something is wrong/ missing/ killing them, it's usually Hurley who starts fixing things while everybody else is angsting about their respective dramas.

That, and he's got the best line in the history of television:
"Pee on my foot! Dude, you gotta pee on my foot! Just do it!"
Old Aug 28, 2005, 01:54 PM   #9
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Hee! I actually missed the conclusion to that subplot... um... did he pee on Hurley's foot in the end?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 02:53 PM   #10
Wachesaw
Wing Commander

Not on screen anyway, but in the following episodes he's walking perfectly well, so...
Old Sep 1, 2005, 05:10 PM   #11
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I signed up to the Channel 4 mailing list, and promptly forgot I did. Please imagine how freaked out I was when I stumbled into these emails...

Quote:

Thank you [Claire Littleton] for inputting your details for a full psychic profile from www.virtualpsychicreading.com.au.

All of the answers you gave to our questions will be held until we receive the off-cut of clothing from you in the post. Our psychic, Allanah Dalloway will then delve into your spiritual being and send you a full reading by email.

Hold tight [Claire Littleton] as your future is about to be revealed...

Quote:
Dear Miss Littleton
Thank you for sending the handkerchief which accompanied your submission to our website.

We have had our chief psychic, Allanah Dalloway, plus two other of our trusted spiritual advisors work on your reading and we are sorry to advise that this is just not the sort of case we are spiritually comfortable in dealing with.... there are some serious dangers you are stepping into with someone close to you.... you should not give away your precious burden, you should not leave it for someone else to endanger all who come into contact...

You need to go and see a psychic in person immediately. Please see our list of recommended psychics on the website.

But please go as soon as you can.

In my defence, I'm a little unaccustomed to getting sent photos of bloody hands.

The previous email, in case anybody cares was...

Quote:
All please take note of the following from the guys in West Melbourne, this woman is high on the FBI list and we should make all efforts to aid the investigation and help them bring her in.

Helen, can you please organise for posters to be printed and distributed over a 250km radius. Photo attached.

Bill

From: David English [mailto:d.english@victoriabureau.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:57 AM
To: William Durham
Cc: Karina Ellis
Subject: Re: Offender on the run

William, can you please pass this on to your team, has just come through from trafficking.

> ARMED & DANGEROUS

> A female suspect who is being co-investigated by the U.S Federal Bureau of
> Investigation has escaped from a specified area of surveillance
> mapped out in north Melbourne. Suspect measures approx 5"7 in height, has long,
> dark (or blonde) curly hair, a tanned complexion with
> freckles on her face. Aliases known to the police to date: Kate, Annie, Maggie,
> Joan. Suspect is believed to be on foot. May be
> armed, and should be considered dangerous. Suspect should be approached with
> caution and detained for investigation by the FBI.

Thanks
David

David English | Senior Sergeant | Victoria Police Bureau

The Information in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it is
confidential, copyright protected and may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken in reliance in its contents is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify postmaster@victoriabureau.com.au
Old Sep 2, 2005, 01:12 PM   #12
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

I still haven't managed to watch a damn one. Sundays & Weds always seem to be doing stuff. Hoping to jump in this weekend.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:24 PM   #13
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

god you guys are behind the times. Lost is an amazing show and the first season is all wrapped up in the states. cant wait for the next one. I love that they acctually kill of the cast. even if they have a huge roll.

Sayid is my fav.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 02:57 PM   #14
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Channel 4 had the rights to show it since January, I've been told, but held off until it had broadcast Desperate Housewives. Over here we've just seen Numbers, the first Hurleysode. RTE have kindly used their advance trailers for the forthcoming Boonisode to totally and utterly spoil the outcome.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 03:27 PM   #15
Wachesaw
Wing Commander

Another really cool thing with the show is the fact that on a desert island far from civilization,everyone still has lovely white shiny teeth.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum