Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Jun 6, 2006, 04:22 PM   #16
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Re: What movie is this???

Can't remember a title to a movie either and it's bugging the heck out of me.

Watched it a loooong time ago on late night tv, US movie (unless it was Australian).

Post-apocalypse, there's a guy and a girl in a city. Possibly early 80s, he's the last man on the planet, she may be the last woman. I remember lots of white buildings, and he had dark brown poofy hair (I think). He doesn't know what's going on either, I think she's the one that has to explain it to her.

Oh the world might go truly boom (and them with it) at the end. Think they were trying to get to something too, something to do with the sun or communications?

Yeah, helpfull aren't I?
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 04:27 PM   #17
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

If it's post-apocalyptic, maybe it can be found here.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:12 PM   #18
Seraph

I tried nukes, working, misc and plague - no joy.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:40 PM   #19
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

How about Wiki ?
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:08 PM   #20
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Could it be The Quiet Earth?

From what little you told and what little I remember, it may be it. There's a huge "sun" in the sky, he has no idea what's going on, he meets a woman who tell hims of "The Procedure", etc...

Then again, I could be wrong.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 02:17 AM   #21
MasterGlen
Recruit Pilot
9 flights since Apr 2006

Yep it is Quiet Earth except Bruno Lawrence was bald by that stage. Thought the girl had poofy hair.

Basically Earth is blown out of normal space when the US activate a world wide power grid. The flim is New Zealand (set in Auckland)

Anway Bruno finds the girl...then another....Turns out the only people left alive actually died at the instant the Earth. And those alive died..

Anway they find that the dimension shift is unstable, and he is unsure what will eventually happen. So the three cook up a way to deactivate the grid.

They achieve their goal, but Bruno Lawrence dies during the deactivation.

He wakes on a strange beach with these strange clouds on the horizion and watches as what we assume is Saturn rises in front of him.

We never find out what happened to the real earth or the other two characters in the film. Hope that helps

Glen
MasterGlen is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 08:53 AM   #22
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

Anyone know of a movie made in early to mid 70's. I only remember bits of it like a burned corpse sitting on a front porch and its clothes still intact. i also think the plot was about an alien bouty hunter or sheriff looking for 3-4 aliens that crashed here. i saw it a very long time ago.
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:54 AM   #23
MasterGlen
Recruit Pilot
9 flights since Apr 2006

Sounds like it might be Critters, though that was a touch later

There was another film (name escapes me) But there was a bounty hunter after some aliens. You needed special sunglasses to identify them

After this huge shoot out. The closing shot is through a pair of sunglasses laying on the ground. Then you realise the wrong side won. Got a feeling in my water it may have been a telly movie though
MasterGlen is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 06:22 AM   #24
Seraph

Nope, checked the trailer linked from IMDB, that's not it. Too much carnage, too many people, city too city like - I think the white buildings were post-modern (so 70s on).
Old Jun 9, 2006, 08:22 AM   #25
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

The only ones I can think of are "Planet Earth" and "Genesis II" by Rodenberry - TV pilots.

But the people aren't the only ones left alive on Earth.

Or is it "Night of the Comet"?
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 04:39 PM   #26
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

it wasnt critters it looked like it was cobbled together from other movies. Mind you, i did see this when i was about 10-11 years old and at 2-3 in the morning
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 04:59 PM   #27
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by just myron
Since this subject is on, here goes: It's a film about some sort of martial arts where you just stab someone with your fingers and they explode. I've seen the anime version and the film version, and I vividly remember that Chris Penn guy, or another Penn guy. My medicinal use of marijuana during these last few years has disrupted my memory cells. This is driving me crazy! Can someone help me here?

... it's not Fist of the North Star, by any chance? Although, to be fair, people exploding seems to be a running anime theme...
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:51 PM   #28
just myron
Starfighter
124 flights since Feb 2006

Yes! I knew it was Star-something. I like it when people explode.
just myron is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 04:59 PM   #29
Seraph

Quote:
Originally posted by Jove
The only ones I can think of are "Planet Earth" and "Genesis II" by Rodenberry - TV pilots.

But the people aren't the only ones left alive on Earth.

Or is it "Night of the Comet"?
Missed this sorry, no doesn't seem to be the later one at least. Think is one of those that I'll never get till I randomly turn on the TV aged 60 and flick on to it.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:33 PM   #30
just myron
Starfighter
124 flights since Feb 2006

Night of the Comet. Haven't seen that in years.
just myron is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum