Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Jun 1, 2005, 06:32 PM   #1
Dajistano
326 flights since Jun 2002
Talking My complaint about SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums

While no statement I'm about to make should be construed as suggesting or recommending that any person commit an illegal act of any kind, you should realize that I draw strength and courage from knowing that most people comprehend the crusade to stop SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums and are supportive of my role in it. I begin with critical semantic clarifications. First, I am unequivocally not up on the latest gossip. Still, I have heard people say that SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums managed to convince a bunch of the worst sorts of lackluster scrubs there are to help it shout obscenities at passers-by. What was the quid pro quo there? I apologize if this disappoints you but my intent was only to elucidate the question, not to answer it. I shall therefore state only that it is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Does SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums believe, deep in the adytum of its own mind, that the purpose of life is self-gratification?" I could give you the answer now, but it would be more productive for me first to inform you that its sermons are like an enormous oligarchism-spewing machine. We must begin dismantling that structure. We must put a monkey wrench in its gears. And we must take a proactive, rather than a reactive, stance, because SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's ideals manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: label everyone it doesn't like as a racist, sexist, fascist, communist, or some equally terrible "-ist". Phase two: deny us the opportunity to begin the debate about its publications. I want nothing more -- or less -- than to follow through on the critical work that has already begun. To that task I have consecrated my life, and I invite you to do likewise.

While the concept of broad-based peace and social justice coalitions remains desirable, a central point of SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's belief systems is the notion that the federal government should take more and more of our hard-earned money and more and more of our hard-won rights. Perhaps it should take some new data into account and revisit that notion. I think it'd find that if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that it periodically puts up a facade of reform. However, underneath the pretty surface, it's always business as usual. Although this may come as a surprise to some readers, SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums wants us to believe that honor counts for nothing. How stupid does it think we are? If you need help in answering that question, you may note that someone once said to me, "After enduring a barrage of SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's self-centered stratagems, one normally experiences intense levels of stress, difficulty sleeping, and anxiety about one's physical safety as well as one's career." This phrase struck me so forcefully that I have often used it since. Once, just once, I'd like to see SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's chums acknowledge that the baleful influence of unilateralism is plainly evident in the palpable one-sidedness of SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's expositions. But until they do that (if they ever do that), we must realize that as our society continues to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are the classes of people SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums preys upon.

SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums will open new avenues for the expression of hate any day now -- not necessarily by direct action, but by convincing its cohorts to take the focus off the real issues. SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums has commented that things have never been better. I would love to refute that, but there seems to be no need, seeing as its comment is lacking in common sense. SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums refers to a variety of things using the word "electrotelethermometer". Translating this bit of jargon into English isn't easy. Basically, it's saying that the rest of us are an inferior group of people, fit only to be enslaved, beaten, and butchered at the whim of our betters. At any rate, its credos all stem from one, simple, faulty premise -- that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to bring this battle to a fever pitch. Help me speak out against piteous vigilantes. Join your hands with mine in this, the greatest cause of our time.

Now... try your own.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

(This thread wasn't what you thought it was going to be, eh?)
Dajistano is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 07:31 AM   #2
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: My complaint about SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums

That was certainly ... um ... eye-watering. Brain-hurting too, a little. Also, I never noticed that we are in fact called the Sciflicks SQUAD! Formus. Why the SQUAD! ?Do we need that kind of emphasis? Have we got to shout out SQUAD! whenever we discuss our forums? Maybe we should have a salute of somekind to give while shouting it out?
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:47 PM   #3
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

a complaint generator, at last,

Maybe I'm naturally oversensitive, or maybe someone just slipped me decaf coffee this morning, but by using bombastic language and selective quotation, Sony is able to trample into the mud all that is fine and noble and beautiful. I assume you already know that it is -- for lack of a better word -- libidinous, but I have something more important to tell you. In spite of all Sony has done, I must admit I really like the organization. No, just kidding.

Call me old-fashioned, but Sony's intent is to prevent us from asking questions. It doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its "facts" are false. Let me put it this way: Sony maintains a "Big Brother" dossier of incriminating information about everyone it distrusts, to use as a potential weapon. Is your name listed in that dossier? I don't pretend to know the answer, but I do know that Sony's true goal is to help chthonic lummoxes back up their prejudices with "scientific" proof. All the statements that its secret police make to justify or downplay that goal are only apologetics; they do nothing to shatter the adage that Sony has achieved sainthood. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, like to face facts. I like to look reality right in the eye and not pretend it's something else. And the reality of our present situation is this: It is immature and stupid of Sony to bombard us with an endless array of hate literature. It would be mature and intelligent, however, to take stock of what we know, identify areas for further research, and provide a useful starting point for debate on its vapid subliminal psywar campaigns, and that's why I say that its perspective is that the cure for evil is more evil. My perspective, in contrast, is that Sony makes it a point to sentence more and more people to poverty, prison, and early death. There's nothing controversial about that view. It's a fact, pure and simple. It was a fact long before anyone realized that Sony says that what I call incompetent palookas are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life. If the people generally are relying on false information sown by rabid, treacherous nudniks, then correcting that situation becomes a priority for the defense of our nation.

The only way that we can fight Sony, the only way we can beat it, is to step back and consider the problem of its claims in the larger picture of popular culture imagery. Some people might object to that claim, and if they do, my response is: It is trying to sell us a pig in a poke. I'll say that again, because I want it to sink in: Its understrappers must be exposed and neutralized wherever they lurk. Sony has, at times, called me "virulent" or "intemperate". Such contemptuous name-calling has passed far beyond the stage of being infantile but harmless. It has the capacity to demonize my family and friends. Because of Sony's remonstrations, our schools simply do not teach the basics anymore. Instead, they preach the theology of directionless Bonapartism. All in all, I realize that this letter has seemed incredibly bleak. However, expecting the worst from Sony means we will never be disappointed. If we're wrong and Sony does not try to malign and traduce me, we'll be relieved. If we're right and it does, we'll be prepared.

Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Wachesaw
Wing Commander
428 flights since Mar 2003
Oh, funny fun fun

It will indubitably surprise some people to hear me say this, but Pres. Vladimir Putin's belief systems represent an inseparable mixture of reason and human madness, but always in such a way that only the madness can become reality and never the reason. The points I plan to make in this letter will sound tediously familiar to everyone who wants to insist on a policy of zero tolerance toward terrorism. Nevertheless, there is an unpleasant fact, painful to the tender-minded, that one can deduce from the laws of nature. This fact is also conclusively established by direct observation. It is a fact so obvious that rational people have always known it and no one doubted it until Putin and his janissaries started trying to deny it. The fact to which I am referring states that Putin's sermons cannot stand on their own merit. That's why they're dependent on elaborate artifices and explanatory stories to convince us that parasitism is a be-all, end-all system that should be forcefully imposed upon us. It is easy for the public at large to dismiss pestiferous bimbos as misinformed ivory-tower academics. People who are attacked by the worst sorts of sullen pip-squeaks I've ever seen basically have three options. They can ignore the attacks, engage the attackers in a debate, or apply some sanction which will put an end to the attack. Relative to just a few years ago, the worst classes of litigious, ribald sociopaths I've ever seen are nearly ten times as likely to believe that all literature which opposes chauvinism was forged by what I call chthonic blackguards. This is neither a coincidence nor simply a sign of the times. Rather, it reflects a sophisticated, psychological warfare program designed by Putin to transform our little community into a global crucible of terror and gore.

By the same token, if you were to tell him that there are illiterate renegades in our midst, he'd just pull his security blanket a little tighter around himself and refuse to come out and deal with the real world. An inner voice tells me that I appreciate feedback and other people's views on subjects. I don't, however, appreciate feedback when it's given in an unprofessional manner.

For heaven's sake, Putin thinks that it's okay for him to indulge his every whim and lust without regard for anyone else or for society as a whole. Of course, thinking so doesn't make it so. He is bad enough when he's alone, but Putin is even worse when he's joined by combative, obstinate boneheads. Even though he insists that freedom must be abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable, I undoubtedly contend that anyone with eyes and a brain can tell that he is doing everything in his power to make me self-censor my critique of him. The only reason I haven't yet is that I believe in the four P's: patience, prayer, positive thinking, and perseverance. The moral of the story: Recidivism, in this case, is a tactic tied to a broader strategy of granting Pres. Vladimir Putin the ability to besmirch the memory of some genuine historic figures.
Wachesaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 03:43 PM   #5
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by UltimateYautja
While no statement I'm about to make should be construed as suggesting or recommending that any person commit an illegal act of any kind, you should realize that I draw strength and courage from knowing that most people comprehend the crusade to stop SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums and are supportive of my role in it. I begin with critical semantic clarifications. First, I am unequivocally not up on the latest gossip. Still, I have heard people say that SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums managed to convince a bunch of the worst sorts of lackluster scrubs there are to help it shout obscenities at passers-by. What was the quid pro quo there? I apologize if this disappoints you but my intent was only to elucidate the question, not to answer it. I shall therefore state only that it is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Does SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums believe, deep in the adytum of its own mind, that the purpose of life is self-gratification?" I could give you the answer now, but it would be more productive for me first to inform you that its sermons are like an enormous oligarchism-spewing machine. We must begin dismantling that structure. We must put a monkey wrench in its gears. And we must take a proactive, rather than a reactive, stance, because SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's ideals manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: label everyone it doesn't like as a racist, sexist, fascist, communist, or some equally terrible "-ist". Phase two: deny us the opportunity to begin the debate about its publications. I want nothing more -- or less -- than to follow through on the critical work that has already begun. To that task I have consecrated my life, and I invite you to do likewise.

While the concept of broad-based peace and social justice coalitions remains desirable, a central point of SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's belief systems is the notion that the federal government should take more and more of our hard-earned money and more and more of our hard-won rights. Perhaps it should take some new data into account and revisit that notion. I think it'd find that if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that it periodically puts up a facade of reform. However, underneath the pretty surface, it's always business as usual. Although this may come as a surprise to some readers, SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums wants us to believe that honor counts for nothing. How stupid does it think we are? If you need help in answering that question, you may note that someone once said to me, "After enduring a barrage of SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's self-centered stratagems, one normally experiences intense levels of stress, difficulty sleeping, and anxiety about one's physical safety as well as one's career." This phrase struck me so forcefully that I have often used it since. Once, just once, I'd like to see SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's chums acknowledge that the baleful influence of unilateralism is plainly evident in the palpable one-sidedness of SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums's expositions. But until they do that (if they ever do that), we must realize that as our society continues to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are the classes of people SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums preys upon.

SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums will open new avenues for the expression of hate any day now -- not necessarily by direct action, but by convincing its cohorts to take the focus off the real issues. SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums has commented that things have never been better. I would love to refute that, but there seems to be no need, seeing as its comment is lacking in common sense. SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums refers to a variety of things using the word "electrotelethermometer". Translating this bit of jargon into English isn't easy. Basically, it's saying that the rest of us are an inferior group of people, fit only to be enslaved, beaten, and butchered at the whim of our betters. At any rate, its credos all stem from one, simple, faulty premise -- that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to bring this battle to a fever pitch. Help me speak out against piteous vigilantes. Join your hands with mine in this, the greatest cause of our time.

Now... try your own.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

(This thread wasn't what you thought it was going to be, eh?)

OK, fess up, how many of you either scan over or scroll past posts this long?

Conciceness is a talent.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 04:02 PM   #6
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Re: My complaint about SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums

Quote:
Originally posted by HighWiredSith

Conciceness is a talent.

I read all of it, but not bothered with the rest. I thought this thread was going to be serious...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 05:19 PM   #7
Dajistano
326 flights since Jun 2002
Post Re: Re: My complaint about SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums

Quote:

Conciceness is a talent.

Sorry, there wasn't a two-sentence option.
Dajistano is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 08:31 PM   #8
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

I read the whole thing, first because I thought UY was bashing ( ) then because I was so incredulous and astounded by the idea that UY had learned to write so well ---The whole time I was waiting for the punch line, and indeed, it did present itself....

Here's one that I had to keep rereshing to get, but is OH so on point right now...

I will not waste my time criticizing or insulting Michael Jackson as 1) he is unlikely to change, and 2) Michael probably revels in the letters of shock and repulsion that he regularly receives. Instead, I will focus on his out-of-touch stances, which, after all, are the things that open the gates of hell. First things first: His precepts are merely a stalking horse. They mask Michael's secret intention to engage in or goad others into engaging in illegal acts. On that note, let me say that sexism is an exclusive, rather than an inclusive, societal force. But let's not lose sight of the larger, more important issue here: his churlish commentaries. The recent outrage at Michael Jackson's modes of thought may point to a brighter future. For now, however, I must leave you knowing that he has been working overtime to reap a harvest of death.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 08:38 PM   #9
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

I want to share with you a very deep concern I have about the media, the government, and mostly everyone. What follows is a set of observations I have made about jealous ragamuffins. The media, the government, and mostly everyone has been trying for some time to convince people that the Queen of England heads up the international drug cartel. Don't believe its hype! The media, the government, and mostly everyone has just been offering that line as a means to blame our societal problems on handy scapegoats. Let me give you an important hint: When trying to understand what the media, the government, and mostly everyone is up to, look at what it is doing and what it has done. Don't let yourself be distracted by the patter and the hand-waving; keep your eye on the shell that has the pea under it. And focus your mind on the fact that the media, the government, and mostly everyone takes things out of context, twists them around, and then neglects to provide decent referencing so the reader can check up on it. It also ignores all of the evidence that doesn't support (or in many cases directly contradicts) its position.

I almost forgot: Were he alive today, Hideki Tojo would be the media, the government, and mostly everyone's most trustworthy ally. I can see Tojo joining forces with the media, the government, and mostly everyone to help it go to great lengths to conceal its true aims and mislead the public. The media, the government, and mostly everyone's wheelings and dealings represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. The media, the government, and mostly everyone has, on a number of occasions, expressed a desire to hurt people's feelings. On all of these occasions, I submitted to the advice of my friends, who assured me that it may encumber the religious idea with too many things of a purely earthly nature and thus bring religion into a totally unnecessary conflict with science right after it reads this letter. Let it. One day, I will complain about whiney miscreants. When I first became aware of the media, the government, and mostly everyone's covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how the media, the government, and mostly everyone says that courtesy and manners don't count for anything. That's its unvarying story, and it's a lie: an extremely uncontrollable and disruptive lie. Unfortunately, it's a lie that is accepted unquestioningly, uncritically, by the media, the government, and mostly everyone's worshippers. I try never to argue with the media, the government, and mostly everyone, because it's clear it's not susceptible to reason. Given the media, the government, and mostly everyone's propensity for repression in the service of paradigmatic integrity, it is little wonder that the media, the government, and mostly everyone is typical of nefarious fast-buck artists in its wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize its jeremiads. The fact that the media, the government, and mostly everyone's factotums, when they are taken seriously at all, are considered by most scholars to be of questionable credibility is particularly striking, since most of the media, the government, and mostly everyone's rantings are slanted in the same ideological fashion, with large amounts of emotional exaggeration and general ignorance. And that's why I'm writing this letter; this is my manifesto, if you will, on how to detail the specific steps and objectives needed to thwart its tendentious, egocentric little schemes. There's no way I can do that alone, and there's no way I can do it without first stating that it keeps saying that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, once one begins thinking about free speech, about loathsome wisenheimers who use ostracism and public opinion to prevent the airing of views contrary to their own infernal beliefs, one realizes that it's easy for us to shake our heads at its foolishness and cowardice. It's easy for us to exclaim that we should raise uneducated yahoos out of their cultural misery and lead them to the national community as a valuable, united factor. It's easy for us to say, "The media, the government, and mostly everyone would swear on a stack of Bibles that it is a martyr for freedom and a victim of separatism." The point is that it's easy for us to say these things because we mustn't let it convert our children to cultural zombies in a mass of unthinking and easily herded proletarian cattle. That would be like letting the Mafia serve as a new national police force in Italy. To end on a more positive note: The people the media, the government, and mostly everyone attacks deserve compassion, not insults, put-downs, or stereotypes.

^The most hilarious thing I ever read aside from the complaint I made about my bird, Gus.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:13 PM   #10
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Re: My complaint about SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums

Quote:

Conciceness is a talent.

o/
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 04:40 AM   #11
Gul
Starfighter
122 flights since Dec 2003

i scrolled over it :P
Gul is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]