Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Fifth Element, The (1997)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Fifth Element, The (1997)

There is no future without it. IT MU5T BE FOUND. | guide

Old May 2, 2006, 08:55 PM   #1
xsxarfacex
Apprentice
1 flights since May 2006
Love this movie.

I recently became obsessed with this movie when I decided to give it a rent. Id never seen it before.

Shocked and blown away at how incredible it is. I dont quite know what it is. I realize that its just an ordinary sci-fi flick from '97, but for some reason, I cant get enough. I had it for 5 nights, and I watched it once on each of those 5 nights. By the second night, I had already searched eBay for a copy on DVD, and purchased it for $16USD. I had to return the movie last night, and now I cant wait to recieve my copy in the mail so I can watch it again. I can easily see myself watching this movie at least once a week for the rest of my life It is my new favorite movie, and I dont see that ever changing.

The characters were all so memorable. Bruce Willis was already one of my favorite actors (gotta love Diehard, and Pulp Fiction) but his portrayal of New York cabbie Korben Dallas was incredible. Hes the only actor I know who can be so light hearted and witty, yet such a badass at the same time, ya know? Negative, Im a meat popcicle , gotta love him.

Im also a huge fan of the Resident Evil game series, and after seeing Resident Evil the movie, I really disliked Milla Jovovich. But seeing this movie made me realize how wrong I was. Just because Paul W. Anderson created a crap character isnt her fault. Shes an actress, it isnt her place to understand RE. But as beautiful Leeloo, she was amazing. I cant believe how flawless she seemed speaking that divine language.

Chris Tucker? Ha, who doesnt love him. As Smokey in Friday, and of course his character in Rush Hour, hes hilarious, but nothing he ever does could possibly match up to the loveable flamboyant radio star, Ruby Rhod. He has a hilariously addicting voice. I laughed at pretty much everything he said.

And of course Gary Oldman, as villain Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg. Ive never hated a guy, yet found him so lovable at the same time. I love his accent! The guy is just the perfect villain.

But it goes beyond the characters. Its a visual masterpiece. Its nearly 10 years old, and even now the effects amaze me.

But it goes even deeper than that. A epic love story. Sure that part didnt fill much screentime, but it was definitely there.

This movie has absolutely everything that a great film could possibly have. Its the perfect combination of comedy, drama, and action. Im very passionate about things like this. Im also a huge fan of Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear videogame series, and until I saw The Fifth Element, no work of fiction came close to touching the wave of emotion I feel when I play those games.

As i said earlier, Im 18. And Ive had many problems. I dont have much money, I have many medical problems, because of which Im a highschool drop-out, and I quite frankly had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. But seeing this film made me realize that I myself want to make movies!

My only regret is that I came in so late This film is nearly 10 years old, and Im just now experiencing it. Why couldnt I have seen it in '97? Now I feel so alone. I just want to be able to discuss the film with others who have the same passion.

A few questions from those of you who have alot of knowledge on this film: Is this a very popular movie? Did it achieve cult statis? Is there anyone here as obsessed with this movie as I am?

If anyone is interested in discussing this film, please Instant Message me at my AIM screenname: SxarFox Or E-mail me at: xsxarfacex@aol.com
xsxarfacex is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 10:57 AM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Love this movie.

Oh, look, another one.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 10:45 PM   #3
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Why should we bother to send messages to his/her AIM, when we can do it here? I mean, i already am in my pajamas........
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 01:22 AM   #4
Unicron
Sector Marshall
653 flights since Jul 2003

we must stop it before it starts...
Unicron is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 03:28 AM   #5
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Must stop what? Discussion of the movie?
Old May 30, 2006, 08:10 PM   #6
Unicron
Sector Marshall
653 flights since Jul 2003

no, just hoping that this doesnt turn out to be another demolitionman18...
Unicron is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 11:44 PM   #7
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Oh yeah, I forgot about him........<snatches up a pitchfork>

RUN THE BEAST FROM ITS CASTLE!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:15 AM   #8
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

I think we're safe, Demos (damnit, I keep typing your name as Demon)

This guy left his AIM, and has only posted this one post. He isn't going anywhere
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 01:13 PM   #9
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Demon....hmmmm.........is it to late to change my name?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 07:24 PM   #10
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

I don't know. I keep forgetting my screen name on sciflicks because all of my other screen names are Pirran.

I think it is possible to change it, but it's a bit confusing for everyone else.
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 07:42 PM   #11
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Quote:
but it's a bit confusing for everyone else

Your merely giving me more reason to try to change it.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 01:14 AM   #12
MiniSatan
Apprentice
9 flights since Jun 2006
Location: USA, Jesup GA, a place where nothing happens except the occasional drug bust.

Quote:
Oh my god.....you people have no idea the hell he is about to bring with him.

MiniSatan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 08:18 PM   #13
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

<sigh>.....well, your all safe for now..............i can't figure that **** out.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Fifth Element, The (1997)