Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Fan/Original Fiction

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:51 PM   #16
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Re: The Chillingly Terrifying Sciflicks Movie of the Night ...

Quote:
Seraph:
The, the Iwata? I've always wanted to meet him! I hear he's so dreamy!
~chokes on her dinner~ I'm gonna wake up and its just a nightmare, right? Right?!!! The horror... ~faints~

(Back in a bit gonna finish dinner)
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 02:23 PM   #17
Seraph

"So landlord, what's the news?" Nex asked

Silence.

"Well, is he really dead or what? The people have a right to know!"

"Shut up Nex." Seraph and Splend hissed.

"What? I just want to know if there's a dead body worth seeing."

"Shut up Ne-"

"Ee's n't dead." The landlord grunted.

"Not dead?!" All three said suprised.

"Aye, n't dead. 'Ee's all bloody and moaning 'bout Rosebuds t'be sure, but n't dead. Doctor Cronenburg 'as taken 'im tuh infirmary down younder. Jus' had a bad turn wiv a staple gun is all" He lurched over to the bar.

Nex pondered, "Rosebud....rosebud, why does that sound familiar?"

"Er Splend, have you ever seen a landord with red eyes before?" Seraph whispered.

Splend hissed back, "You got hit over the head by a rubber duck, tied up by a small man with sharp teeth that likes voodoo, the local Doctor has never heard of the NHS, there's a blind biker midget playing a cello in the courner, the only Policeman in 50 miles has been at the very least maimed with a staple gun, at least one villager has been mauled by some unknown 'thing', something's howling like a banshee outside, there's a full moon and you want to know if I've seen a landlord with red eyes before?!"

"........" Seraph stared at her pint, "I think I need a vodka."
Old Nov 21, 2005, 02:28 PM   #18
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

*An old woman screams and comes rushing into the bar, crying in tears*

Bartender Fulci:
Oh, what's going on now?

Old Woman:
My son, Humphrey! I went downstairs to give him some tea and biccuits, but somebody murdered him! Who would do such a thing?

Nex:
(quietly) I think we should go now...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 04:24 PM   #19
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

Meanwhile outside of town on a small patch of grass, a young girl is found sleeping in on a small patch of grass in her tigger pajamas and slippers. Young Quin wakes up groggily, yawning and stretching...

How odd, my bed suddenly feels a lot and smells a lot like grass.

Realisation came slowly. Hesitant to open her eyes, understandably, she pretended that she was just dreaming. She rolled over, only to hit her head on a rock. Grudgingly, she opened her eyes.

Q: Mother****er!

*sits up*

Q: Where am I? What am I doing here?

*waits for an answer*

Q: Going to give me the silent treatment eh? I might as well go over to that town and try to figure where the hell I am! It looks nice enough. Look, I think there's a parade going on! They seem happy folk, cheering and all. Ooh, look, they must be really happy, they're waving things in the air! What is that, a pitch fork? I ought to go on over!
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:54 PM   #20
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

<<The three companions pay for their drinks - reluctantly in splend's case - and head out of the pub. At a little past one am, the town is deserted. Visibility is poor due to the thick fog rolling in from the southwest.>>

Nex : I don't know about you guys, but this fog is creeping me out. I keep getting this eerie feeling that the spirits of those who have been wronged will lurch out of the darkness and wreak terrible vengance upon the people of this town.

Seraph : Yes, I get that too. It's called paranoia, it's perfectly normal.

Splend : What's that funny chanting noise?

<<As they approach the infirmary, the vague outline of a crowd of people appears before them. It is apparent from the torches and pitchforks they carry that the crowd is mob, and they are circling the infirmary, chanting mantras in a strange and eldritch tongue. A ypoung woman is waving a spade and chanting gibberish along with them.>>

Quint : (out of tune with the chanting) Outgrabe are the mome raths and mimsy the borogroves! Rubarb! Rubarb!

Nex : Do you even know what they're chanting?

Quint : No, I just thought I would blend in in case this mob turns out to be the extremely xenophobic type. You don't look like theothers - are you not from here either?

Splend : No - my friend Nex and I are travellers, we roam the country over from Orkney down to Dover, backpacking and generally seeing the sights of Britain for less than 30 pounds sterling a day.

Nex : (pulls on Splend's sleeve) Spleeend ...

Splend : Not now. And this is Seraph, whom we accidentally rescued from an evil voodoo ritual perpetrated by inbred mutants - despite the fact that she sped past us in her car and drenched us in filthy freezing water in this 5 degrees below weather.

Seraph : (punches Splend in the ribs) Oi, Splend ...

Splend : Ow! Anyway, what's your name?

<<Quint says nothing, clears her throat and points behind splend to the thing the gang have trying to point out for the last few minutes. Splend turns around. The enite mob is staring at the gang, drool forming at the corners of moaths, pitchforks wobbling in the wind.>>

Splend : Oh. Bugger.

Quint : RUN! Head for the infirmary!

Last edited by Splendiferous : Dec 3, 2005 at 10:47 AM.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 03:39 AM   #21
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

*They run off.*

Nex:
Nice Tigger jammies by the way.

Quint:
Thanks!

*Cut to the basement Seraph was in before. Humphrey's bloody carcass lies on where the chair was originally. The camera pans upwards and looks down on a semi-bird's-eye-view shot and we find that Seraph was sitting in the centre of a chalk-drawn, warped star. Close-up shot on Humphrey's head...the camera follows the blood spookily moving upwards across the floor like a possessed train. It suddenly stops right at the centre of the star...*

*Cut to outside the house. Two villagers are outside, having a cigarette break.*

Villager 1:
This angry mob business is hard work.

Villager 2:
I hate it when we have to drool to make us look like crazy, rabid people.

Villager 1:
I know! And these pitchforks are heavy!

Villager 2:
They could of at least pay us more. I mean, when you capture not one, not two, but three bloody sacrifices for The Great Ku'unt, Dark Lord Of Flatuence And Smelly Socks, you'd expect to be payed at least thirty quid!

Villager 1:
The fact that you have to pronounce his name in capital letters too is a bit of a pisser.

Villager 2:
Well, that's a different thing entirely, it's technically blasphemy if we don't.

Villager 1:
Blasfemmy? Sounds like a washing-up liquid...
Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:04 AM   #22
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

<<Cut to the interior of the infirmary - magnolia walls and potplants abound. Dr. Cronenberg is standing in the doorway to his surgery with a meat cleaver in one hand and a hyperdermic needle in the other>>

Dr : What is the meaning of this intrusion? Explain yourselves immediately!

<<The door opens and a freakishly inbred villager pops his head through the crack>>

Villager : Oh, do pardon me, was this a private conversation? My colleagues and I were just wondering -

Nex : AIIII!

<<Nex hurls a potplant at the villager's head and slams the door shut>>

Nex : That was hideous! Quick, help me barricade this door!

Seraph : (shudders) Posh mutants, eurgh.

<<Splend helps Nex push a large set of bookshelves in front of the door while Seraph fills Dr Cronenberg and Quint on recent events. Dr Cronenberg starts to chuckle maliciously>>

Dr : (under his breath) So, everything is going according to Mayor Lee's plan. Soon the Circle will be complete, and the time of the Burning will be upon -

<<He realises everyone is now staring at him. He clears his throat.>>

Dr : Um, i've just got to ... check something ... in my surgery ... which doesn't have a secret entrance to tunnels and catacombs older than written history. No sir.

<<He quickly heads into the infirmary and shuts the door, awkwardly as his hands are still full. there is a click as he locks it>>

Splend : Well that was odd. Say, isn't that Iwata fellow in there? I wonder what the good doctor was doing with a meat cleaver, a needle of green chemical stuff and the local policeman?

Quint : More importantly, shouldn't we barricade those windows?

Nex : No, we'll be alright.

Last edited by Splendiferous : Dec 3, 2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 05:11 AM   #23
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

(not a very funny post...just something to move the plot forward)

Splend:
God, this place is messed up. (to Quint) And who are you?

Quint:
I'm Quintessa...um...I'm not sure what I'm doing here, especially in my Tigger pyjamas...and slippers...one minute I was sleeping in bed and I woke up and...where ARE we? This must be a dream.

Nex:
This is the Village of Innsmouth, and Splend and I bumped into Seraph and you...

Seraph:
They rescued me from some psycho called Humphrey. Don't ask. I only came here because I was lost and needed directions and petrol.

Quint:
I still don't know why I woke up out here.

Nex:
Dreams are mysterious and fascinating things. Perhaps we're all living the same dream in a weird dream-connecting meet-up thingy. I must update my journal...

*Cut to: Humphrey's basement. Blood still in the centre of the warped star.*

Dramatic voice-over narration:
Due to a freakishly bizarre, accidental coincidence, the spoon off the plate of tea and biscuits on the shelf fell into the centre of a washing machine...(we see this happen as he says this)...then lightning struck...(lightning strikes into the basement)...into the washing machine (boomfrizzlefrizzle)...the spoon flew off...and went straight into the blood at the centre of the freaky star (it does this too)...and then it was complete.

*Despite the fact this is scientifical impossible, the spoon - which is standing up perfectly, even though this is also scientifically impossible - began to shake wildly as the blood of the star absorbed the lightning-powered spoon, which began to wiggle about wildly - and then...everything goes back to normal and the spoon falls over. The blood slowly vanishes.
*Camera slowly pans to the wall where the wife and cat was buried behind...and a diabolically reanimated zombie hand shoots out...*

Cat:
(off-screen) Meow!

*Back to Nex, Splend, Seraph and Quint.*

Splend:
Well, whatever's going on - we gotta get out of here. This place is dangerous.

Nex:
Well, don't worry, we're perfectly safe in here.

*Suddenly there's a SMASH as a pitchfork shoots through the window. We hear cries of angry villagers.*

Nex:
Quick, we'll use the chainsaw to go down in that place where the Doctor went!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 01:47 PM   #24
Seraph

"It smells funny" Quint sniffs.

"Hospital type places always do, now shush." Seraph crept along the dark corridor behind Nex & Splend.

"Shush why should I shush? You shush!"

"Hmm I dunno because we're wandering down a dark corrdior, after a looney bin doctor, trying to hide from nutter villagers?!"

"I was just saying it smelled funny and what's a nutter?" she hissed back.

Seraph rolled her eyes and turned around, "Would you SHUT
UP?!"

Quint stopped dead, "I TOLD you it smelt funny." she pointed ahead of her to where both Splend and Nex had turned a pale shade of green.

"What the...?" Ahead of them lay an operating table where the torso of a cadaver was streched out. Seraph stepped forward, partially flayed the ribs had been cracked open with several surgical instruments still embeded. Blood was caked everywhere. "Er guys...I don't think we're dealing with a normal hospital here."

"W-w-what do you mean." Splend started, his pallor growing worse "Med students practice on dead bodies all the time!"

"Splend...dead bodies don't bleed."

Nex baulked, "Er I think I'll just go and find a er...a bucket!" He grabbed it from the floor and promptly threw up.

Quint piped up "Actually they do. Bleed. Dead bodies that is."

Sighing relieved, Splend sank down on a chair, "Oh thank whichever-denominative-god-or-evolved-being-you-believe-in for that"

"They just don't bleed much, certainly not that much," Quint carried on talking as she wandered off towards a heavy door at the back with Seraph pulling faces behind her, she continued "Well unless they'd been freshly killed ofcourse..."

"Want my bucket?" Nex offered, shoving it under Splend's nose.

As Splend craddled his head in his hands over the bucket, Nex made his way after Quint, whilst Seraph stood examining the cadaver.

"Hey Quint wait up!" Nex called, chainsaw in hand. "You don't know what could be behind there!"

"You know," Seraph said, "This would be a good time for -"

"AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Seraph and Splend rushed to the door Quint and Nex had disappeared into.

Inside they found Quint chocked up with laugher pointing at two figures rolling on the ground, the chainsaw no where to be seen.

"Get it off me, get it off me!" Nex screamed.

"RoseBuuuUUUrg, RhooosBer, rhUUUSsbuthh." the other grunted as it hugged his leg.

"Nex this is no time to engage in mating season with the locals" Splend grinned.

"Mating season?! Get this goddamn freak off me!"

"Patience, patience my little padowan."

"Er, guys..." Seraph was staring at the gurgling figure.

"Don't say that, don't say that, bad things happen when you say that!" Nex shouted, trying to shake his leg free.

"Fine. I'll just shut up then. I won't mention that the crazy guy licking your leg happens to have 19 bullet holes in his chest, nor that it looks like someone ate half his face including his eye, or that he appears to be already decomposing and I CERTIANLY won't mention that he's wearing what appears to be the remains of a police uniform!"

Nex stopped struggling, his mouth opened and after a moment: another piercing "AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." was let loose.

"Feel better?"

"No, not really."

Last edited by Seraph : Nov 27, 2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 02:02 PM   #25
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

Splend:
Don't worry, mate - I'll handle it.

*Splend picks up a shovel and casually slices off Zombie Iwata's head, which lands and rolls off into the shadows.*

Nexus:
The body's still moving! I didn't come here to be molested by a headless zombie in a police outfit, for goodness sake...

*Nex shoves the body off him and pins it to the ground with several spatulas.*

Splend:
Really?

Nexus:
That's right. Well, not by a male undead creature. If it had boobs, I might be fine. Especially if it kept the kinky police clothes on and used the handcuffs on me. And drank my blood. And -

Seraph:
I'm sorry, but maybe we should discuss this another time. Like...never again.

Quint:
Why are there so many shovels and things in here?

Splend:
Obviously the doctor has been doing some digging. But what for...?

Seraph:
Okay, Scoobies - let's keep going further and check this place out, no matter how ridiculously suicidal and stupid that is.

*They move onwards. Iwata's Head rolls itself up to its helpless body, still stabbed into the ground. Nex looks down at them, stroking his chin, deep in thought.*

Nex:
Hmmm...(pause) Nah - sorry, luv, it'll never work out...

*Nex wanders off. Iwata's Head pouts.*
Old Nov 27, 2005, 03:30 PM   #26
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

Splend : Have we got time for some immaturity before we move on?

Seraph : (firmly) No.

Splend : Oh, poo.

<<Seraph pokes Splend with a shovel>>

Seraph : I said no! This is a serious situationhere, people. We were just attacked by a z-

Nex : Don't say it!

Seraph : What?

Nex : We're not using the Zed word!

Quint : Uh, yes we are.

Nex : Oh. Right. Carry on, then.

Seraph : Where was I? Oh yes. We were just attacked by a zombie policeman. We're tailing a psychotic doctor deep into the bowels of a series of labrynthine catacombs. We have barely any weapons, no supplies and there's not a bottle of vodka to be found anywhere within a hundred yarrds of here. We need to take this very, very seriously now. Got it?

<<Everyone else nods, and they proceed deeper into the dank, cobwebby tunnels>>

Nex : Who farted?

<<Seraph hits him over the head with her shovel>>
Old Nov 27, 2005, 03:52 PM   #27
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

*They find a large pit, surrounding by a small, circular brick wall. Dr. Cronenberg is in the centre of the pit, and the team hide behind the wall, watching him.*

Dr. Cronenberg:
It's past midnight...Soon...soon...when the Triangular Clock of Inhuman Caliginosity strikes thirteen-and-a-half, I shall be out of this leviathan, this telepathist prison cell surrounding Innsmouth, trapping me in here like...like...well, like I'm trapped in a large invisible cell, really.

*The team jump out from behind the wall.*

Seraph:
Ha! How ridiculously convenient, you just revealed your plans out loud! And I still don't know what's going on!

Dr. Cronenberg:
You can help me - you don't understand, you see, once you enter Innsmouth...you will never leave!

Splend:
Now that's just cheesy.

Dr. Cronenberg:
No, really - Innsmouth is surrounded by an invisible wall, caused by an archaic spell!

Nex:
Yawn.

Dr. Cronenberg:
You are standing right in the centre of underground Innsmouth! Soon the Circle will be complete, and we shall all suffer the terror of Great Ku'unt, Dark Lord Of Flatuence And Smelly Socks, summoned by the corrupt Mayor Lee! We must get out of here! All I need is a sacrifice -

Seraph:
This place is a little bit obsessed with sacrifices, isn't it?

Dr. Cronenberg:
- and we can break the spell and leave Innsmouth forever! We'll be free - free, like...free people!

Quint:
You're not very good at similes, are you?

Dr. Cronenberg:
No, not really, no.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:57 AM   #28
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

Seraph: (shaking her head) No, this doesn't add up. Why -

The Doctor : Silence! You do not understand the importance of these events taking place! Your tiny minds are to feeble to contemplate that great and ancient matters are at hand here in this very room!

<<Splend, Nex, Seraph and Quint scowl at the phrase 'feeble minds'. The Doctor continues with elaborate hand-gestures.>>

The Doctor : This very night, in the cellar of the village's Local Shop, the first part of an ancient prophecy was fulfilled. Great minds from beyond mankind's ken laid down the ancient circumstances that now -

<<Seraph rolls her eyes and waves her hand in a 'get on with it for God's sake' gesture. The Doctor sighs.>>

The Doctor : A spoon fell off a washing machine, was propelled by a lighting strike and embedded itself in the middle of an ancient rune already painted on the ground for an entirely different ritual. To make a long story short, that is. The Prophcey went into great detail over this part of the events that were, and indeed still are, to come.

Quint : And how do these events affect us? Or us them, for that matter?

The Doctor : Beyond the door to my right there lies another dimension, a realm of creatures so despicably hideous that they defy description. This is The Realm We Dare Not Speak Of.

Splend : Tell us more about this place.

The Doctor : No, I dare not speak of it.

Nexus : What about the door to your left?

The Doctor : That's the kitchen, but that is of no importance right now. To appease the eldritch demon monsters of the world we Dare Not Speak Of, and entice them to bring down the wall around Innsmouth, I must prepare a sacrifice. Then the second part of the Prophecy will be fulfilled - the cicrle will be complete and Innsmouth will be free! free to bring about Great Ku'unt's reign of terror! My last attempt was ... unsuccessful ... but now that you four are here, one of you will do nicely!

Nex : (shakes his head firmly) Over my dead body. Not while I've got my trusty ... er ... has anyone seen my trusty chainsaw?

<<There is a chainsaw-revving sound, and the gang slowly turn around to face ... Zombie Iwata, who is gripping the chainsaw with both hands. A thick green gunk oozes from his heavily mauled body, and as he opens his jaws more ooze drops from his lipless mouth>>

Iwata : Rooosebuuugled!

Splend : Why does he keep saying that!

Nex : It's a mystery that we'll probably never answer.

Seraph : Quint, stall the Doctor! Splend and Nex take the Zombie - I've got a plan! Just buy me some time.

Last edited by Splendiferous : Dec 3, 2005 at 10:49 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 03:36 PM   #29
Seraph

Screw prose, can't be arsed

Quint: Stall the crazy doctor?! What do you want me to do? Sacrifice myself?!

-pause-

Quint: I did not just say that.

Seraph: ~whispers~ Talk to him about bleeding corpses, anything, just hold him up.

Seraph makes a sharp exit, as Nex & Splend move over to the chainsaw swinging headless Zombitwa, his head clasped under his arm. With a thrust and a parry of the shovel handle, Splend wrenches the head from it's grasp and throws it to Nex.

Nex: The head? Why did I have to get the mouth end?

Splend: You want the other?

Nex (takes a quick look at the drooling head sniffing his hands & then back at the flailing corpse with chainsaw): No no, it's ok you seem to be having fun! ~mutters~ Where's a blender when you need one? Or at least a microwave. I'll teach undead freaks to steal my chainsaw.

Splend: Take that foul undead creature! ~swats the headless Zombitwa with a shovel, and dances away from the chainsaw~

vrrrrrm vrrrmmmmmmmm

Nex continues to juggle the Zombitwa's head at arm's length, using it as a shield whilst ducking and diving the flailing chainsaw

Head of Zombitwa: Guh...gah..Ead...Ed!!!

Nex: Ed? Oooh Heeeead. Here's a head, there's a head, who's got a head, I've got TWO!

vrmmmm vrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Head of Zombitwa: Eeeaaaad!!!!!

~Zombitwa's body reaches out towards Nex with one arm and swings the chainsaw round with the other...~

vrrrm spluKRUNCHsplack vrrrrm chutter-chutter----chutter...pop-fizzzz.

~Nex drops the head~

Head of Zombitwa: ....Ed?

The head rolls around on the floor untill it comes full circle, it's one good eye facing the scene before him. His own mutilated arm lay quivering on the ground, as his body sat in the corner clutching the bloody stump and rocking gently to itself

Head of Zombitwa: ~sniff~....Ed? ~sniff~

Splend: ~whispers~ Er, can we be done for assault on a dead policeman?

Nex: Nah...at least I don't think.

'pologies for delay, had to go out

Last edited by Seraph : Nov 28, 2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 04:58 PM   #30
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

Meanwhile Quint tries to keep The Doctor busy...

Quint: So... uhh... Doctor is it?

Doctor: Mhmm, mhmm. Yeah... Doctor Cronenberg.

Quint: Really?

Doctor:*nods* Would you care to have a seat? Maybe have some tea?

Quint: Sure, whatever. I'll be right back.

Quint strolls over to Splend & Nex

Quint: What are you doing?!

The head of Zombitwa goes flying across the room.

Head of Zombitwa: Eeeeeee!

Nex catches the head

Nex: What? You wanna play?

before being given the chance to answer, Nex throws the Head of Zombitwa

Head of Zombitwa: Eeeeeee!

Q: *catches*

Splend: Nice catch.

Nex: It was rather good.

Q: *drops*

Head of Zombitwa: *THUNK*

Q: I..... I'm going back to distract the Doctor. Now. *walks off*

Splend: Wonder what her problem was. *picks up the head of Zombitwa*

Doctor: Ah, you're back. Have a seat. I made some tea.

Q: Thank you, I hadn't realised how thirsty distracting doctors can make a person! *sits and drinks tea* So you like it here?

Doctor: Mmm, no, not really. It gets cold and lonely at night.

Q: No wife?

Doctor: None. Well... I have a puppy.

Q: What's his name?

What seems like hours later...

Q: Yeah, I saw them briefly while I was running into the hospital for my life. I know it's winter and all so the flowers look a bit ick but I liked what you did with the shrubs. Do you have a lawn service?
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Fan/Original Fiction